Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partridge to Rotherham? good or bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Partridge to Rotherham? good or bad?

Millers boss Ronnie Moore has also been out tonight looking at another player, which is thought to be Liverpool's Richie Partridge who has played in Liverpool's 1-1 draw at Leeds tonight.
    http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk...TMNW&id=189919

Well since Partridge didn't even make Liverpool's squad for the Arsenal game even though Garcia, Cisse, Baros, Josemi and Traore are all unavailable I think its time to move on. There's a few youngsters in the squad (including Welsh and Potter) but partridge didn't make it. He can talk to clubs after Christmas and I don't think I'd want to see him go to Rotterham who'll most likely be in division 2 when his contract runs out. He has to go somewhere but I'd rather be unnatached than move to division 2 as talent is always said to be "a gamble" when moving to the prem from the lower leagues.

What do you think?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    A move to a good Championship club could be good for him. But definitely not Rotherham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Bad pun warning

I agree. Partridge should fly higher up.

I'll get me coat.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    His continuing absence proves he needs to be on his bike but he's way too good for Rotherham. Maybe it was just a rumour but I was told he turned down Micky Adams at the start of last seaon (turning down Premiership football!!! The lads more foolhardy than loyal). He's good enough for top of championship at worst IMO. A Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, etc would be a great move for him and whatever club got him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He needs out of the pool thats for sure, Raf wants to start winning and fast so he doesn't have time to be bringing in players.. If he did and they kept loosing then it will put bad light on the youngsters. A move to west brom/shef utd would do him good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsy
    His continuing absence proves he needs to be on his bike but he's way too good for Rotherham. Maybe it was just a rumour but I was told he turned down Micky Adams at the start of last seaon (turning down Premiership football!!! The lads more foolhardy than loyal). He's good enough for top of championship at worst IMO. A Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, etc would be a great move for him and whatever club got him.
    Given Mick Mac's preference for all things Oirish perhaps a move to Sunderland is waiting in the wings.....
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Garcia, Cisse, Baros, Josemi and Traore are all unavailable
    as are smicer, le tallec, cheryou and nunez
    if the penny hasnt dropped, he shop be well equiped to respond to avacany on the tills of lidl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    a move to sunderland would be excellent for Partridge. he is going nowhere at liverpool , and if he cant feature even with ALL those injuries in the side then its time to jump ship.

Mc Carthy would be a good move for him and I reckon they will be back in the premiership next season. he defintely should take it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy
    Lads, I would dearly love to play in the Premiership too. I've accepted that this is not going to happen now. Richie . . . take the hint son.
    The crucial word you left out there is "ability". Richie has the ability to be a top class winger and if he had got his chance earlier he would be at least as popular as Andy Reid IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he HAS to go to another team though !! Even if it is only a half decent side in the championship. A top 3 side would be great for him and beats playing for the reserves no matter who the reserves are. Jump my son Jump !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'm a Forest fan and I think a good deal for all parties would be for a deal to be done selling Reid to Liverpool for Partridge + 4 million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    The crucial word you left out there is "ability". Richie has the ability to be a top class winger and if he had got his chance earlier he would be at least as popular as Andy Reid IMO.
    Have you seen him a lot eirebhoy? I've never seen him in the flesh myself but everybody here seems to think he's a great player or has the ability to be....but how do we know though if he never plays for the 1st team?? A couple of subs appearances and an occasional loan doesn't really account for much given how old he is now.

I've seen reports myself on the Liverpool website saying when he's done well in a reserve game but reserve team football isn't a great gauge to be judged on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    Have you seen him a lot eirebhoy? I've never seen him in the flesh myself but everybody here seems to think he's a great player or has the ability to be....but how do we know though if he never plays for the 1st team?? A couple of subs appearances and an occasional loan doesn't really account for much given how old he is now.

I've seen reports myself on the Liverpool website saying when he's done well in a reserve game but reserve team football isn't a great gauge to be judged on.
    He spent a season at Coventry and was a class above everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't realise it was a full season, that's something I suppose. Going on the general concensus then he definately shouldn't even consider going near Rotherham but he has to get outta there quickly if he is to fulfill his potential.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    He said himself he isn't going anywhere until Liverpool have played Spurs in the league cup, and should he play and Liverpool win, he'll probably stay on even longer.

It's no surprise that he didn't make the squad this week as he is an unknown quantity to Benitez. After the spurs game should be a better indication. Although a friend of mine in Liverpool has said that it is the fact that Partridge is so slight physically is what is really keeping him out. Not strong enough, apparantly...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor

It's no surprise that he didn't make the squad this week as he is an unknown quantity to Benitez. After the spurs game should be a better indication.

Squad v Arsenal
    Liverpool (from): Kirkland, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Hamann, Alonso, Warnock, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Dudek, Biscan, Diao, Nunez, Whitbread, Potter, Welsh.

Right, but if Potter is getting in and Partridge isn't, thats saying something (other than that Potter is a good prospect for us).

Time to go somewhere else, any Championship/SPL team and a few Premiership teams should be delighted to get him. Thing is, its so long now since he was at Coventry that people have forgotton about him. He'll have to prove himself all over again. If it has to be Rotherham, so be it.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    He spent a season at Coventry and was a class above everyone else.
    Twas a tad under half a season and he faded badly towards the end after some early man-of-the-match awards, once teams realized what he could do they paid him a big more respect and neutralized him so they did.
    A man of genius makes no mistakes.
    His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EamonD
    Twas a tad under half a season and he faded badly towards the end after some early man-of-the-match awards, once teams realized what he could do they paid him a big more respect and neutralized him so they did.
    From September 2002 to March 2003 playing 31 games. might aswell call it a season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    December 2002, McAllister then manger of Coventry:

'Come the end of the season when Richie has been out and experienced first team football I would imagine he won't want to go back and play for the reserves at Liverpool, so there is a player who wants first team experience and to play in front of a big crowd.'

The young winger has made a solitary appearance for Liverpool and said that if he cannot make Gerard Houllier's team, he would be happy to move to Highfield Road.

'It is every kid's dream to play in the Premiership and that's still where my dream lies, but outside of the top flight, Coventry would be my first choice every time so we will have to wait and see what happens,' he said.

Until this twit opens his eys we shouldn't waste any ink on the subject, his mammy should knock the snot out of him. He is just a hanger-on at Liverpool dreaming it is the '80s and that playing in the Liverpool reserves has a greater cache than playing football in a real league. He is the Walter Mitty of Liverpool reserves.
    A man of genius makes no mistakes.
    His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler
    Squad v Arsenal
    Liverpool (from): Kirkland, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Hamann, Alonso, Warnock, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Dudek, Biscan, Diao, Nunez, Whitbread, Potter, Welsh.

Right, but if Potter is getting in and Partridge isn't, thats saying something (other than that Potter is a good prospect for us).
    Yeah but Potter has played 4 or 5 times for the first team this year, Partridge has played 20 minutes. He's not going to get into a squad V Arsenal because of what he does in the reserves, or what he did 2 yrs ago at Coventry. To Benitez, Partridge has it all to prove. As I said, after the Spurs Lge Cup game he'll know where he stands.

That said, he is in a bit of a comfort zone in Liverpool. He's getting good wages to play reserve football for a big club, whose training facilities are among the best in europe. He is a popular person at the club, and is engaged to Michael Owens sister. You can see why he is in no rush to leave, so he does need a kick up the arse of some sorts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast