Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 10th/11th April

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Massive win for Harps. Sounds like Athlone were a bit unlucky, but didn't take their chances. Also heard they should have had a man sent off quite early on.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Top of the league.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Good win for us and even better results elsewhere. A poor performance though. If we were playing any team with ambition they would of probably won
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I thought Drogheda put some effort into their defensive performance. There were three players around Daryl Horgan every time he got the ball. Eventually, Drogheda tired and Dundalk got more two on one's in wide areas. The goal came from one of those but we should have scored earlier.

I wasn't disappointed with the performance. Drogheda deserve a lot of credit for making it very difficult for Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Thought we would only get a point out of that. Johnny mac had them well set up marking wise. Good crowd, 3pts and we march on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    After a terrible start Galway were unlucky not to have got a draw against Sligo tonight. Happy for Bohs, seen them twice so far and they seem to be doing ok without Heary. Is he a little over-rated perhaps as a manager?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Not now that the Sligo bandwagon is revived

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Couple of mystery refereeing performances in the First Division again tonight.

Athlone miraculously escaped Finn Park without a red card. Some of the tackles going in at times would have had raised eyebrows at rugby matches.

Waterford denied a goal for some absolutely ludicrous reason by the referee there who instead awarded them a penalty despite them already scoring.

Some craic.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Went to see Pats-Cork as Rovers were out of town. Half-expected a good match based on last year's battle royale. Really poor game, ref rode Pats raw and sent off their left back for nothing while Cork were steaming into tackles all over the shop and only got the one yellow. Both keepers made the one good save each.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Top of the league.
    Best plot in the graveyard!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Next 4 games will tell us more about what this Bohs team should aspire to. Long was a very astute appointment and Heary was never rated by the Bohs masses. Stunning first 7 games from this Bohs team. Loving it.

Now...where did I leave those title goggles...?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Went to see Pats-Cork as Rovers were out of town. Half-expected a good match based on last year's battle royale. Really poor game, ref rode Pats raw and sent off their left back for nothing while Cork were steaming into tackles all over the shop and only got the one yellow. Both keepers made the one good save each.
    You must have been at a different match - Cork just don't do "tackle steaming".

I await the more measured match report from City Rebel

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Next 4 games will tell us more about what this Bohs team should aspire to. Long was a very astute appointment and Heary was never rated by the Bohs masses. Stunning first 7 games from this Bohs team. Loving it.

Bohs have made a smashing start and are clearly a decent side. Next weeks match with St Pats is the litmus test as to whether a Euro challenge is possible

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Interesting to compare and contrast what should be two sides of a similar standard I Dalymount last night.
    Boh's play as a unit and all work extremely hard with and without the ball. .Longford looked like semi-interested journeymen in comparison.
    Sad to hear Powell being booed and sad to see how poor he was 2nd half.
    Hope Rice is okay, looked like concussion?
    Plucky win for the bit' o' Bohs in Galway.!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Interesting to compare and contrast what should be two sides of a similar standard I Dalymount last night.
    Boh's play as a unit and all work extremely hard with and without the ball. .Longford looked like semi-interested journeymen in comparison.
    Sad to hear Powell being booed and sad to see how poor he was 2nd half.
    Hope Rice is okay, looked like concussion?
    Plucky win for the bit' o' Bohs in Galway.!
    Awful performance from us tonight the worst in many a season to be honest we never strung 2 passes together all night and our long balls were totally aimless. We missed don and Flynn massively and even with Flynn back against Sligo next week i couldn't see us winning it off the back of that performance tonight. Powell needs to be dropped and as soon as mid season comes we need 2 new goalkeepers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Seen the stats from last nights game and we had 58% possession but I think we only had 2 shots on target. The penalty call that Grant didn't give was a big turning point. From where I was it looked a penalty but will have to see it on TV Monday night, but when a Bohs supporter beside you says it was a penalty then it sounds like Grant got it wrong. His Lino didn't help himself either when he flagged Davy for offside when straight through on goal even though he was 2 yards onside. As for the two goals, bad defending let a free man run in and head in the corner. For the second I thought Hunt should of come and claimed that. Definitely a starting keeper need in mid break unless Hunty steps it up. Rice's injury sounded bad. I was told after the game he was rushed to hospital after throwing up in the dressing room. Hope it was just precautionary but it looked like severe concussion.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Seen the stats from last nights game and we had 58% possession but I think we only had 2 shots on target. The penalty call that Grant didn't give was a big turning point. From where I was it looked a penalty but will have to see it on TV Monday night, but when a Bohs supporter beside you says it was a penalty then it sounds like Grant got it wrong. His Lino didn't help himself either when he flagged Davy for offside when straight through on goal even though he was 2 yards onside. As for the two goals, bad defending let a free man run in and head in the corner. For the second I thought Hunt should of come and claimed that. Definitely a starting keeper need in mid break unless Hunty steps it up. Rice's injury sounded bad. I was told after the game he was rushed to hospital after throwing up in the dressing room. Hope it was just precautionary but it looked like severe concussion.
    Could see his eyes were closed on the stretcher and that he was mumbling to the medical people it looked like a severe case of concussion alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    I thought Davy was offside tbh! Shame about the state of the pitch as I've said elsewhere, we have a very small squad and missing Flynn at CB is a big deal! But yeah, not an inspiring performance

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

I thought Heary was liked at Bohs SkStu why was he not rated?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    After a terrible start Galway were unlucky not to have got a draw against Sligo tonight. Happy for Bohs, seen them twice so far and they seem to be doing ok without Heary. Is he a little over-rated perhaps as a manager?
    By who? Does anyone rate him?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast