Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenlon on his way to Liningston ?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Nope, Livi are in the clear, the inverstor is an Irish chap, Pearse something. He's also a big shareholder in Celtic. Hence the interest in Pat I suspect.
    Hmmm...Irish...interest in Celtic...looking to invest money in a football club...interest in Irish football...what's wrong with this sentence?!

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    They climbed from 3rd Division to the SPL in 5 or 6 years of their formation...They have a...nice little ground.
    Yeah - it's sad to see how a club like Livi can climb from the Scottish Division Three to the SPL and get themselves such a nice little ground in such a short time, while we are stuck with FAI wrangling, clubs not using grants for their intended purposes, etc. Really highlights how far football has to go in this country. Saw an article on the internet there - will see if I can dig it out for interest's sake - about the joint Scottish/Irish Euro bids - mentioned how Irish clubs have Scottish First Division attendances (and they do accoring to this site) but Third Division grounds...

Edit - Here's that article. Completely off-topic, I know, but just wanted to post the link seeing as I quoted from it...
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 30/11/2004 at 6:48 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Yeah - it's sad to see how a club like Livi can climb from the Scottish Division Three to the SPL and get themselves such a nice little ground in such a short time, while we are stuck with FAI wrangling, clubs not using grants for their intended purposes, etc. Really highlights how far football has to go in this country. Saw an article on the internet there - will see if I can dig it out for interest's sake - about the joint Scottish/Irish Euro bids - mentioned how Irish clubs have Scottish First Division attendances (and they do accoring to this site) but Third Division grounds...

Edit - Here's that article. Completely off-topic, I know, but just wanted to post the link seeing as I quoted from it...
    Ok history lesson. Ferranti Thistle joined the Scottish League in 1974 and played their games at the Meadowbank Athletic stadium, in Edinburgh and changed their name to Meadowbank Thistle. They kept that name for more than 20 years before relocating to Livingston just outside Edinburgh a few short years ago. It is essentially the same club!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12