Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fenlon on his way to Liningston ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fenlon on his way to Liningston ?

Apparently Pat Fenlon is one of the two final candidates for the Livingston managers job. The other candidate is Richard Gough. The owner of the club is an Irish telecoms millionaire. Fenlon was unable to comment as he is out of the country.

Source Irish Times

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Interesting, but I can't see him taking it unless he was given some massive transfer funds. Why would you leave a club where you are dominating the league and where you just might make a breakthrough in Europe ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Champions!

gypsyfella
    won't happen unless Gough turns the job down - he is the massive favourite at the moment....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd take the shels job over livingston any day. 9 points from 15 games vs. league superiority and good european chances. Don't think so.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    I was wondering if the Paul Hegarty mentioned in the report is the same Hegarty that played for Derry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fenlon's best staying put IMO. Whatever chance he has of reaching the CL proper with Shels, he has none with Livingston. That SPL is a joke anyway.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It'd be a step back. Livingstone are in financial freefall at the moment aren't they? He'd struggle to make an impact there if that's the case and he'd lose his reputation. He'd also be joining a team who's sole ambition is to come third and he'd never see a CL game again, whereas he's onto a good thing with Shels having just made some very interesting signings.

gypsyfella
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    It'd be a step back. Livingstone are in financial freefall at the moment aren't they? He'd struggle to make an impact there if that's the case and he'd lose his reputation. He'd also be joining a team who's sole ambition is to come third and he'd never see a CL game again, whereas he's onto a good thing with Shels having just made some very interesting signings.
    Livi actually have quite a bit of money and will be spending it in the january window... theyre one of the very few clubs in britain that have no debt so youre way off there..

why would he struggle to make an impact and thus lose his reputation? you're assuming he won't make an impact - does that mean you dont rate him? what if he did make an impact - its surely a bigger window than the eL...
    he wont take them to the CL - but he may get a move himself in the future...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no, but I thought they were in financial crisis as their invester had pulled out so he'd struggle to make an impact like any manager would if that was the case.

And I think continuing to do well in Europe with Shels will do more for his reputation than, best case scenario, finishing somewhere between mid table and third in Scotland every season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Nope, Livi are in the clear, the inverstor is an Irish chap, Pearse something. He's also a big shareholder in Celtic. Hence the interest in Pat I suspect. Livi are Scotland's Dublin City only professional and successful and with their nice own ground. They climbed from 3rd Division to the SPL in 5 or 6 years of their formation (actually a refranchising of Meadowbank Thistle), finished 3rd in their first season. They have a pretty small support but as I said a nice little ground. I think he'd be wise to stay at Shels but then again if he fancies himself as a man with ambition he could see this as a step up the ladder towards something big in England. Roddy had some very megalomanic ideas of the sort. Still does in fact.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    two orange *******s, going for a job...... repeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ha ha

I think my Rebel friend I'd have to agree !
    But remember secterian hatred is sooooo 90's lol

gypsyfella
    Fenlon quotes from irish times - not ruling it out, as i thought....

Richard Gough yesterday emerged as the clear favourite for the vacant manager's post at Scottish Premier League club Livingston where the club's chief executive had previously said Pat Fenlon of Shelbourne was also a candidate for the job, reports Emmet Malone.

Fenlon, out of the country on holidays, said he had been made aware "by a third party" that he was being considered as a possible successor to Allan Preston who was dismissed on Thursday.

Although Fenlon is not completely out of the running, the former Tottenham and Rangers defender skipped over him and another, candidate, who remains unnamed.

Fenlon said he is happy where he is but conceded that "any manager in the league here that was linked with a Scottish Premier League club would want to hear more about it.

Asked whether he was interested in the prospect of making such a move he said it was "hard to answer".

"I'm happy at Shelbourne where I've built up a strong squad that I think has a very bright future but you can't rule anything out.

"The reality, though, is that anyone can ring you up and tell you that Gillingham or whoever is interested in having you as their next manager.

Until you hear something official from somebody at the club itself that they want to talk to you there's really no point in even worrying about it and so far there's been no official approach of any kind so I'm really not too worried about it."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fenlon isnt going anywhere for the forseeable future. He only joined Shels a few years ago and hasnt took Shels as far as they can go by any stretch of the imagination. I reckon Fenlon will stay at Shels for at least another 3 seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like to think along the same lines here as thejollyrodger

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fenlon

If thoses quotes from the Irish Times are right it looks like Fenlon would definetly be interested in the job if officially approached..it would look as though Shels are in a better position at the moment but Livi are a more high profile club and if he did a decent job there it would move him along to a better job again..all people involved in football are ambitious and Fenlon is no different..so for Shels fans to say he would not be interested is wrong..no fan could know what way Fenlon thinks..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Speaking on the "Absolute Game" last night, Pat said he was asked shortly after winning the league, if he'd be interested in going to Scotland - no club name mentioned, though presumably its Livingston. He said no, thanks, he's only halfway through the job he started at Shels.
    He also says he hasn't heard anything from Gillingham, whose website is full of speculation that he's about to take over. First Division in England might be more tempting if he were offered it, but I hope he's not.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Richard Gough was appointed yesterday to the Livingston job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban
    He also says he hasn't heard anything from Gillingham, whose website is full of speculation that he's about to take over.
    Have you got a link to those reports at all? If it's not allowed here would you be able to send a PM? I'd like to have a read of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast