Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Liam Murphy...Is he the right man for Cork City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down Liam Murphy...Is he the right man for Cork City

well I dislike the man for a number of reasons..

1: Initially some of his tactically decisions lacked common sense, all of which I have posted examples of on numerous occassions, which people have argued can be forgiven for a new manager etc etc this though continued and continued and is still happening, leading me to conclude the man is tactically inept

2: We have seen a number of players leave, some who have stated in the past and others even still their love of Cork City football club, yet leave because of disputes with gunther or whoever...this cannot all be put down to troublesome players ala Greg..

3: Personal experiance..the man is rude, has no appreciation for supporters, hence why I am more likely to believe that he is the problem rather then the players.
    - I was in Latvia at the Interfloppo match and he hadnt a word to say to us unlike alot of the players who thanked us for travelling over, Liam didnt even say hello or smile at us..all we got was the usual glare, when he first saw us wearing our city jerseys and a look that said "oh chit not you lot again, i cannt even come over here to get away from ye"
    - when we came back from latvia city played a number of days later in a stupid cup game away in longford in the rugby grounds which I also attended, same reaction..scowl from gunther and a hello and "good to see ye made it home" from the players..
    - same reaction also at U21 city games..total unapreciation of support for Cork City

now some of you may argue he is media shy or doesnt deal well with the general public, but to me thats just rudeness and unacceptable..
    Is is that hard for him to say hello to people, many of whom only wish well for the club..
    How hard is it to clap the crowd or something and show some thanks for the people who turn up week in week out

And in all fairness he has brought in a great bunch of younger players this season and fair play to him for that...but that does not excuse his rudeness to fans
    Last edited by James; 11/01/2002 at 5:24 PM.
    life is random

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb Dunno

1. Hes only been in the game as Manager for a year but yes tactically he ain't doing well. Saying that he was understudy to Davie who although did great job for the club couldn't had serious tacitcal shortcomings. What i'm trying to say is Liam has served under tactically clueless mangers (DB & DM). Explanation not excuse....

2. I can't say i've agreed with all the players leaving but if he replaces (might have to wait to see what happens there) them with better players then thats surely good.

3. Can't condone any of that but maybe hes reading all the threads slagging him off. When saw him walking amoung the crowd after the Derry game looked more like manager at bottom of the table than near the top. maybe he takes the criticisms from the crowd too personally as all managers get abused by home fans (e.g. Rico by own fan at the cross last year)
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ok thats at the cross he gets abuse, but those examples i gave were at away games,

anyway I only started my anti gunther quest post those things hapening..before that i just thought he was inept , now he's added ignorant and rude to it...
    Last edited by James; 11/01/2002 at 5:47 PM.
    life is random

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink it runs in the family

A couple of years ago, my father sold the kitchen presses to some fella through buy and sell. When he came to pick them up I though he was the head off gunther. He was a pure narky little gomer too. A couple of months latter when he still hadn't payed I asked my Da what his name was - Murphy of course. I not sure what his first name is, Hans I think

Neil

Re: it runs in the family

Originally posted by Snatch
    Murphy of course. I not sure what his first name is, Hans I think
    Hans and Gunther - the scurge of Munster!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    too true. if the guy was a bit more likeable, people might be able to overlook his shortcomings. the fact is he appears as a very unpleasant character.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Likable

Murphy isn't likable, I'd say he's just suspicious of everyone and anyone but he is lerning to moan and complain an awful lot. A pure gem in the Sun: "If I played 4-5-1 we would have nobody at the matches"

Maybe he should sit in on a few communications lectures in Stiofán Naofa
    Last edited by SÓC; 18/01/2002 at 3:25 PM.
    Oh no not them again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tactics and irony are both something Gunther appears not to understand....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    while all of this is true can a new manager really turn around the team.people have asked for don o'riordan.he wasnt exactly succesful
    j'accuse!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    don o'riordan was very successful, he kept galway up! he's doing a very good job with sligo now too.