Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Week 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Winning games is easy when the opposition self-destruct.

Dundalk didn't have to do anything tonight, Pats lack of professionalism and self discipline gave us three points.
    Still had to put 3 goals away. Many teams would struggle to finish the job.

Bit of a message sent out there to use the hackneyed cliche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers 0 Cork City 0 . Not a great game, Rovers had the better chances but couldnt put the ball in the back of the net. Danny North was injured and was missed. Both teams wont be overly concerned about dropping two points at this stage of the season. Good crowd up from Cork. I'd guess at the attendance been about 4,500.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Looks like Waterford have been totally eclipsed by the Harps.
    very good

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Winning games is easy when the opposition self-destruct.

Dundalk didn't have to do anything tonight, Pats lack of professionalism and self discipline gave us three points.
    I have never seen such a one sided referee. Every single decision went Dundalks way.

Disappointed by our reaction to adversity, poor form.

I think Dundalk would have won the game regardless, but McCormack's second yellow was a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    I would have liked to have seen what Pats would have been like with 11 men on, but both red cards were justified yet so avoidable, pure madness in both. There was no need for McCormack to go in like that right before HT when he was on a yellow card. As for Brennan, that's his second straight red in oriel park in two seasons. He actually won the ball from Towell, then went up to him for a bit of afters and put his forehead right up to his head, showed intent had to go.

Game over, Dundalk just cruised through after that, but it was 1-0 when it was 11 v 11, Pats were ok before the sendings offs, but never really stretched Dundalk. I was delighted for McMillan to get off and running in the league, totally unmarked for both goals, but that will do his confidence the world of good.

Excellent start by Dundalk, 9 points, 5 goals, none conceded, and still not really having to lift their game, of course the sendings off helped, but 3-0 is still a decent result.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Any word on whether Stephen Kenny managed to bring all his belongings home?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Still had to put 3 goals away. Many teams would struggle to finish the job.
    Like Drogheda tonight - we had Oji sent off after 26 mins and Drogheda had the sum total of 2 shots on target, one of which was tiddler straight at keeper from 20 yards. I know they were missing Kavanagh and a couple of others, but expected a hell of a lot more from a side that twice came from behind to beat Sligo last week.
    It was real backs-to-the-wall from us but hey, the final score is what counts and we're now off the mark, showed great character - happy days
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I would have liked to have seen what Pats would have been like with 11 men on, but both red cards were justified yet so avoidable, pure madness in both. There was no need for McCormack to go in like that right before HT when he was on a yellow card. As for Brennan, that's his second straight red in oriel park in two seasons. He actually won the ball from Towell, then went up to him for a bit of afters and put his forehead right up to his head, showed intent had to go.

Game over, Dundalk just cruised through after that, but it was 1-0 when it was 11 v 11, Pats were ok before the sendings offs, but never really stretched Dundalk. I was delighted for McMillan to get off and running in the league, totally unmarked for both goals, but that will do his confidence the world of good.

Excellent start by Dundalk, 9 points, 5 goals, none conceded, and still not really having to lift their game, of course the sendings off helped, but 3-0 is still a decent result.
    I thought Fagan looked dangerous the whole game. Pats could have got something out of the game even when they went down to 10 men. However, Brennan cost them any chance of that. The problem wasn't just Brennan though, Bolger and Browne were also out of control.
    Last edited by White Horse; 20/03/2015 at 10:40 PM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyPats View Post
    I have never seen such a one sided referee. Every single decision went Dundalks way.

Disappointed by our reaction to adversity, poor form.

I think Dundalk would have won the game regardless, but McCormack's second yellow was a joke.

Nonesense.

There were only two major decisions for the referee to make - first McCormack and then Brennan made it very straightforward and clear cut.

Both players displayed petulance and a lack of discipline. Why McCormack went in the way he did when he was already on a yellow card and a further warning, only he can answer.

Pats fans would have every right to be very angry with both of these players - but hey blaming the ref, or the pitch, or the stadium announcer is always an easier option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    I thought Fagan looked dangerous the whole game. Pats could have got something out of the game even when they went down to 10 men. However, Brennan cost them any chance of that. The problem wasn't just Brennan though, Bolger and Browne were also out of control.
    Agreed. Fagan had a good game. Strange attitude by the rest though.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Dundalk good. Pats ****. Both reds were spot on. I hate this season already.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Important win for Galway tonight. I know the guy from the Indo and many other predict relegation for them but I think there is some potential there. Some of the players will improve as they play more at a higher level and their level of fitness against the partimers/journeymen in the league could also be a factor. Cork away up next in a few days time will be a difficult test but this win should help instil some confidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Dundalk good. Pats ****. Both reds were spot on. I hate this season already.
    I was very disappointed with Pats, they didn't really offer any threat. Both sendings off were correct. McCormack needlessly made the challenge when he was already booked and as for Brennan, I'd be furious with him if I was a Pats fan. He was a passenger anyway and Pats will probably play better without him in the next few games.
    We looked a bit cagey and at times our distribution was poor but we really didn't need to do much to get the win.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Good god, Pats. Usually playing the reigning champions with 11 is a bit of a challenge but there's no need to do it with 9.

Awful game in Tallaght that we should have won but, at the same time, can't exactly say we showed a whole lot of ambition to go and take it. Both teams will play better against other teams, I think, it was just a bad game. Can't moan about 7 points from 9 - then again we had 7 points this time last year too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts
    Not the start Pat's will have hoped for. Though away to two of their title rivals, was always going to be something were they could end up with no points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Delighted with Harps start to the season, but won't be getting too carried away really. We had a similar start last season, but we do look a hellova lot better this season, especially going forward. 3 games and 3 clean sheets is pretty nifty too. Harps title odds on Paddypower have gone from 25/1 to 14/1 since the start of the season too, which is interesting.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Galway did extremely well. Expected them to draw if they were good and lucky after sending off.

Not to take anything away from them but Drogs were poor. They were piling forward in the second half but time and again hoofed it up in the air hoping to cause problems.

Someone missed a header near the end, terrible miss.

Drogs looked more likely to concede at times.

Keegan was pulled back when broke free as he pulled the trigger, resulting in him skying it. No whistle.

Cunningham was blatantly pulled down at the death in the box. Again no whistle.

Oji sending off was spot on.

A few tasty Drogs challenges went unpunished as well.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Suppose you would have to be happy taking a point away from the showgrounds and tallaght in your first 2 away games either side of a convincing victot against limerick.. have to be looking for a win on Tuesday against Galway.. been following city for 10years and think this is the first Tuesday game I've seen us have? Hopefully Tommy gets a good reception

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Not the start Pat's will have hoped for. Though away to two of their title rivals, was always going to be something were they could end up with no points.
    Thats how to win a league?! DaveyPats it is refreshing for the ref to be the blame for a loss at Oriel these days!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Sickened to say the least.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast