First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

23rd November '04

TURNCOAT Roddy Collins completed his season's dirty work as an under strength Dublin City fell to Shamrock Rovers in the last game of the eircom League season at Tolka Park yesterday.

Collins walked out on the Vikings three weeks ago to Rovers in an act of unbelievable selfishness at a time when the club still had genuine hopes of survival. Yesterday he put all his Hoops players on trial in a game that rarely rose to temperatures that the fixtures' potential suggested might happen.

City had no Adam Rundle - just the latest (and last) one of Collins signings who refused to turn-up for the a Dublin City fixture. And of course there was no Carlton Palmer, Danny Boxall, Alex Nescovic, Ronnie Henry or Grant Cooper - all hailed by Collins as being the best players in their position in the eircom League when he signed them. Gone like the wind, the lot of them! So much for Collins ability to attract players of the right character - Rovers beware.

Collins, obviously scared that his ample girth was under threat came with a professional minder in tow, and with lapdog Terry Eviston by his side, saw the visitors get the better of City who once again had large rafts of possession but failed to convert their chances.

Rovers went in front somewhat fortuitously in the 10th minute when Paul Malone's off target shot from the left side of the penalty area found Shane Robinson who promptly drilled and angled 14 yard shot past Robbie Horgan in the Drumcondra end goal.

City were level within 10 minutes as Gary O'Neill set up Cottsie O'Connor to break free of the Rovers cover to drill home past Noel Mooney in the Rovers goal.

The winner arrived in the 54th minute when Derek Treacy got across his marker to flick Mark Rutherford's free to the back of the net.

Cottsie O'Connor might have done better on a couple of occasions to set up Gary O'Neill in better positions, but O'Neill when he did get clear on goal in the 76th minute managed to screw his shot wide with only a jittery Mooney to beat.

Turncoat Collins was only too happy to pose for photographs with jubilant Rovers supporters after the match - the same people he had recently promised Dublin City fans, would be treking around the first division next season - but that was of course before he jumped ship on the club that had honoured every agreement with him and his players.

Rovers chairman Tony Maguire attempted to write off the recent events by engaging City Chief Executive Ronan Seery in a halftime `pow wow' discussion and indicated that it was `all over and behind us as' far as he and his club were concerned. Sadly Maguire has a short memory or fails to appreciate the enormity of the damage his actions has inflicted on a fellow eircom League club.

The cheek of the lowlife cur! His apparent lack of intellect and moral rectitude would have him somehow believe that everything was rosy in the garden again, but his memory span is so short that he fails to appreciate that his damning actions will in fact be remembered by so many for a long long time to come - by anyone with a bit of common decency running through their body.

In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to **** off!

City went down with dignity and Dermot Keely will now look to assemble a squad capable of returning to Premier Division in the coming seasons. An indication of Keely's no nonsense approach was evident with his 11th minute substitution of Peter Hynes. Keely hauled him off for a slipshod performance and the players' injudicious decision to engage in a verbal touchline exchange only served to confirm that he had played his last game for the club.

Collins, unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately after all, will now turn his wrecking ball tactics to Rovers, and, Rovers will give him free reign.

The fools, the fools have they not learned anything????? City will be back and Rovers have had their illustrious name tarnished in a way that a club with their rich history should never have allowed - but that's what you get when you have people like Tony Maguire at the tiller.

http://www.dublincityfc.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to **** off!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You really lose a lot of dignity with such unbelievably partisan writing for the official club website. Did Seery write it himself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In fairness Ringo, you should know better than to post rubbish like that up on this site, it doesn't do you or your club any favours to highlight the whinging and the personal attacks that are being delivered on your OFFICIAL website.

We all know Seery wrote that himself anyway, we've read his writing style before.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

techs
    The worst match report ever. Aload of rubbish. Hang your heads in shame Dc for posting it on your official site. And you honestly expect people to take yous seriously HA!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techs
    The worst match report ever. Aload of rubbish. Hang your heads in shame Dc for posting it on your official site. And you honestly expect people to take yous seriously HA!
    As it happens , i think its a bit over the top. its not written by Seery ,as it happens. At this stage , i just want to get on with the next season. Revenge is a meal , best served cold.
    in fairness, i don't think we're the only club to have such, match reports. at least that's the end of this season & we can get on with building a new team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    In fairness Ringo, you should know better than to post rubbish like that up on this site, it doesn't do you or your club any favours to highlight the whinging and the personal attacks that are being delivered on your OFFICIAL website.

We all know Seery wrote that himself anyway, we've read his writing style before.

I often post stuff , just to proke ,discussion. It doesn't mean i agree or disagree with it. some of it is OTT, but thts the effect football has on people. seery didn't write it, as it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Revenge is a meal , best served cold.
    It'll be freezing cold by the time you lot get to exact any revenge on us.

BTW we finished 13 points clear of your tinpot club - nothing to do with Roddy leaving no matter how much your mad chairman would like to think it is.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers
    It'll be freezing cold by the time you lot get to exact any revenge on us.

BTW we finished 13 points clear of your tinpot club - nothing to do with Roddy leaving no matter how much your mad chairman would like to think it is.

KOH
    From a club thats only a franchised name , sold down thrugh the years, with no attachment to its previous ground or fanbase, thats rich. the only time anyone has shown interest in your club , is when they can rob land on you. I'm delighted thar roddys with you now, you deserve each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Articles like that just show Dublin City up for the joke they are.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when that bitter amateurish stuff is posted on your official website.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just because something appears of the official website doesn't mean it's the sentiment of everybody at the club. I can recall the editor of the Drogheda United programme earlier this season going on about the "...harsh dismissal of John Gill." I'm not defending the piece, but it's one persons opinion, not everybody at Dublin City.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    if this league was properly run, seery would be up for a charge of brining the game into disrepute. Home Farm are utterly pathetic. I hope they go bust. I'm beginning to respect Roddy Collins, who wouldn't walk out on such a moronic shower

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ye we all know how much you like us here Eanna, you're negative and insulting comments all season long have given us the tip off, so please save us the bother of reading any more of them...please. I promise I'll stop posting on the CCFC board on how much I hate Pat Dolan and all ******s...oh no wait...I don't give a sh*ite about any other club, so I don't bother annoying them on their boards...curious that.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I care about this league and want to see it do well. That means successful teams, with large support, good stadia and professional attitudes. Your team has none of those qualities, and the childish behaviour of your chairman has only made it worse. I regarded Continuity Home Farm as a bit of a nuisance and a joke at the start of the season, I now actively detest the club- thats down to one man.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    I now actively detest the club- thats down to one man.
    sad
    get over yourself

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The way he spoke about City fans was an absolute disgrace. I sent him an e-mail asking him to withdraw the comments and he didn't even have the decency to reply. He's an ignorant, petty little man. And I don't like ignorant petty people.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    The way he spoke about City fans was an absolute disgrace. I sent him an e-mail asking him to withdraw the comments and he didn't even have the decency to reply. He's an ignorant, petty little man. And I don't like ignorant petty people.
    You need to get over this, its not good for your health. Be like a pebble in a stream & allow these things to wash over you. Lifes too short to hold grudges (excecpt against Collins )