Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Cullen (M Burnley b.1996)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Out until after Christmas at least, the expected 6-8 weeks for ankle ligament damage I’d assume. Had feared a lot worse on Saturday so pretty relieved with that outcome https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...gament-injury/

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Cullen returns for Charlton tonight

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    West Ham have extended Cullen's contract by 12 months (London News Online, 23/01/20).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Might not be the worst thing in the world if West Ham got relegated for a season, would be the best hope of Cullen finally breaking through there. At this rate he'll be with them into his late 20s without ever really breaking into the first eleven.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Cullen was apparently the standout player for Charlton against QPR at the weekend. Interesting to see how highly rated he is by the Charlton support still, he seems to have made the jump from League 1 to Championship with ease. Makes you wonder how much further he could go if he got the chance.

He's 24 now without ever really getting a fair crack at the Premier League or international football. Starting to look like one of those players who becomes a regular for us at 26 or 27 and we wonder why he was left out for years and has so few caps. Personally he is the player I would look to start in the autumn in front of the back four if McCarthy is unavailable again.

Would Cullen/Molumby/Smallbone in midfield be too big a jump in too small a period of time? Possibly in the case of Smallbone but it's not as though the likes of Hendrick and Hourihane are standouts for us, they're there mainly because we have had few other options up to now.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I would have Cullen and McCarthy ahead of everyone else in the middle.
    including AC Milans Jeff Hendricks!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Cullen was apparently the standout player for Charlton against QPR at the weekend. Interesting to see how highly rated he is by the Charlton support still, he seems to have made the jump from League 1 to Championship with ease. Makes you wonder how much further he could go if he got the chance.

He's 24 now without ever really getting a fair crack at the Premier League or international football. Starting to look like one of those players who becomes a regular for us at 26 or 27 and we wonder why he was left out for years and has so few caps. Personally he is the player I would look to start in the autumn in front of the back four if McCarthy is unavailable again.

Would Cullen/Molumby/Smallbone in midfield be too big a jump in too small a period of time? Possibly in the case of Smallbone but it's not as though the likes of Hendrick and Hourihane are standouts for us, they're there mainly because we have had few other options up to now.
    And I'm sure he will get the opportunity in our side. He has got as fair a crack of the whip as he has deserved. This is his first season proper of Championship football. He didn't succeed at Bolton when he had a Championship loan there. I really don't think Cullen has earned the right yet to martyr status. He is now perfectly positioned to get game time in our senior side and in a better Championship or PL side at club level.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    The way I look at it, you’ve got the senior players:

McCarthy, Hendrick, Hourihane and Arter

Then you’ve got the 3 lads who have graduated from 21s:

Cullen, Browne, Byrne

Then you’ve got the underage lads:

Molumby, Knight, Ronan, Smallbone

Interesting to see what Kenny will do.

I thought Cullen was excellent in the Friendly he played. I think he’s definitely gotten significantly better over the past 18 months. I’ve seen 3-4 Charlton games.

For the 21s, he was good but he was very much in Declan Rice’s shadow... Manning also had a few standout games.

But I think as soon as he made he debut, it was clear he was a viable starter...

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    My team v Slovakia is below, the only positions Im not 100% on is Connolly on the left and Ofafemi at 9
    --------------------Randy
    Coleman ---- Egan --- duffy ---- Stevens
    Matt Doh ---- Culllen --- McCarthy---- Connelly
    -----------------McGoldrick
    -----------------Ofafemi

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I like the look of that side. There's the potential to have a 4-3-3 with that line up also if you have Connolly left and Obafemi right of McGoldrick. I think Doherty could end up being viable on the right side of a midfield 3 of of a midfield diamond.

Brady, Long, Robinson, Hendrick and Molumby would be in the mix for me too. And Clark if he is back fit. Throw in recent Mick options like McClean, Browne and Hourihane and we have a competitive pool of 20 plus for Kenny to pick from.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    My team v Slovakia is below, the only positions Im not 100% on is Connolly on the left and Ofafemi at 9
    --------------------Randy
    Coleman ---- Egan --- duffy ---- Stevens
    Matt Doh ---- Culllen --- McCarthy---- Connelly
    -----------------McGoldrick
    -----------------Ofafemi
    I heard Doherty interview ed on newstalk a few weeks ago. They were licking him big time and saying he should be in the side in whatever position left back, right midfield or right back. He said he thought he should only be considered for right back as that was his position and others were better than him in the other positions. He said it was a contest between him and Coleman who is his best mate in the Ireland setup . He is lost right midfield he does not have the ability to take the ball with his back to goal in tight spaces. His game is all about seeing the space in front of him and linking with players to burst into that space using pace and power.

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I heard Doherty interview ed on newstalk a few weeks ago. They were licking him big time and saying he should be in the side in whatever position left back, right midfield or right back. He said he thought he should only be considered for right back as that was his position and others were better than him in the other positions. He said it was a contest between him and Coleman who is his best mate in the Ireland setup . He is lost right midfield he does not have the ability to take the ball with his back to goal in tight spaces. His game is all about seeing the space in front of him and linking with players to burst into that space using pace and power.
    But he doesn't play right back for wolves and we just dont have the players to leave him and Coleman out imo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Starts in midfield for West Ham v Wycombe today in pre season friendly. Probably 5 regular starters in West Ham team along with some reserves and youths.

EDIT: Seems like they've split the squad. Another team of half and half is playing Ipswich. Randolph and Coventry playing in that game.
    Last edited by OMTY; 25/08/2020 at 1:21 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    That's good randy is getting game time anyway

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    He has started midfield tonight in the EFL cup against his old side Charlton.

25. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    He has started midfield tonight in the EFL cup against his old side Charlton.
    Have watched most of 2nd half. Hes very tidy, West Ham have been on top and hes been sitting in front of their defense with not a lot to do.

Coventry has just come on 83rd minute

27. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Doesn't even make the beach despite his very creditable performance in midweek and the unavailability of Noble.

He's got to be on his way.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Doesn't even make the beach despite his very creditable performance in midweek and the unavailability of Noble.

He's got to be on his way.
    He'd walk into most Championship teams, be very surprised if he doesn't get a move before end of window

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Cullen and Diop, despite initially being named in the West Ham starting line-up, have since been left out.

I can only assume that Cullen must be moving on.

Randolph starts with Coventry on the bench.

Edit: it now appears Diop, Cullen and Moyes may have Covid symptoms.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 22/09/2020 at 7:41 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast