Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 402 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Just starting a thread here so fans of various clubs can inform us of updates on where their clubs stand at the moment as regards to stadium plans. What's the story with Cork and the Shed, Rovers and Tallaght, Athlone's move, Drogs and Finn Harp's proposed stadiums?

As far as I know Wednesday is d-day for UCD as the objection to the planning application to upgrade the Belfield Bowl will be dealt with. Plan is to extend the current stand which has about 600 seats into a 1,500 seater. It'll be a step up from Belfield Pk. as the stand will be concrete based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Drogs having problems securing a site. The second site on the southside of the town has apparently fallen through and now they are looking at a third site just off the Dublin Road. Obviously cant lodge a planning application without a site so further delays on the cards. Earliest completion date now 2008 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    as far as i know - the new stand in terryland is to start construction soon, and once the foundations have been laid it should only take 18weeks until completion, so well have it ready for the new season in the "premiership"
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Work on the new shed continues at Turners Cross. I believe unlikely to be fully finished by Feb 2007 but may be able to open the seats & continue to work on the dressing rooms & other facilties.

Apparently plans to start with roofing the St Annes end when the Shed finished so maybe before this time next year will have 7,500 all covered & seated stadium & best in the eL.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bohs deal well on the road. Hopefully all legal agreements will be signed before the year end and already one large six figure sum has been received by Bohs. Will be at least 3 years before we are in Harristown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Work on the new shed continues at Turners Cross. I believe unlikely to be fully finished by Feb 2007 but may be able to open the seats & continue to work on the dressing rooms & other facilties.

Apparently plans to start with roofing the St Annes end when the Shed finished so maybe before this time next year will have 7,500 all covered & seated stadium & best in the eL.

great to hear... whats the story with the small stand that runs the length of the pitch, is it backed by houses or something, would be great if ye could expand it
    ya, i agree turners will be the best ground in the league when its all covered n seated. with terryland as the best compact ground in the league once the new stand is completed - with a capacity of just over 3500 seated and 1000 standing
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Athlone Town's New Stadium, here. We'll be in it next season.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Good thread !

The former shed in oriel was replaced with new terracing the lenght of the pitch (and twice as close as the old shed to the pitch) when the new surface was installed. This was built to accommodate bucket style seats, maybe 2,000, next phase will see it roofed, i think the plan is for it to look like bray's open stand, railyway side. This will then give the ground around 4,000 seats as the front terrace of the stand will also convert to bucket seats.

Also new dressing rooms/car parking is being built behind the carrick rd goal (for pitch rentals) and also on the town side of the stand (to replace current dressing rooms under stand, this area will then increase current clubhouse/bar)

No completition date, but i`d say 2008, our new owner is a builder, he has enough on his plate at the moment !

On a separate note, the increased pitch bookings and bar activities have greatly helped finances this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    What's the estimated date of the next stand? Do they intend to continue work immediately?

Also, to the best of my knowledge the Belfield Bowl will have a very healthy amount of toilets and room for a fast food outlet. The stadium is right beside some of the most advance dressing room facilities in the country and the ground has a scoreboard.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Waitin on the effin council!! We've been waitin years now and still are. Plans have been made, just need the council to either hand it over or lease it long-term. Cud be another year yet before they hand it or lease it to us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Good thread !

The former shed in oriel was replaced with new terracing the lenght of the pitch (and twice as close as the old shed to the pitch) when the new surface was installed. This was built to accommodate bucket style seats, maybe 2,000, next phase will see it roofed, i think the plan is for it to look like bray's open stand, railyway side. This will then give the ground around 4,000 seats as the front terrace of the stand will also convert to bucket seats.

Also new dressing rooms/car parking is being built behind the carrick rd goal (for pitch rentals) and also on the town side of the stand (to replace current dressing rooms under stand, this area will then increase current clubhouse/bar)

No completition date, but i`d say 2008, our new owner is a builder, he has enough on his plate at the moment !

On a separate note, the increased pitch bookings and bar activities have greatly helped finances this year.
    Did you get planning permission for all this?
    Ireland: Discovered!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    County/NTFC have planning permission for a new 1200 seater covered stand, with new dressing rooms and a tunnel thingy to bring ambulances through.

Now they just need the money...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Our new 1650 stand should be commencing once the season has finished!! this will make the RSC alot nicer to look at!!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Harps stadium is at the stage of assessing the tenders that have been received, and an annoucement is expected soon on who the winner is. Then it's time to seek approval from the department of sport and tourism and the FAI to secure grant aid (which shouldn't be a problem I don't think) and then building should start. There's no set timescales, but the nature of the deal (the developer doesn't get their hands on FP until the new ground is complete) means that it is in the interest of the developer to complete the stadium as quickly as possible.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    It looks brilliant. Where is it in Athlone? I believe it close to the new B&Q
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jaysus, Athlone will have a cracking little ground.
    What facilities are you going to have there?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    What's the estimated date of the next stand? Do they intend to continue work immediately?
    I would say that when this phase is completely finished there will be some kind of announcement.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oriel
    Good thread !

Did you get planning permission for all this?

I think so, not sure though, as i said our new owner is a builder/property developer so he knows what he`s doing, and before anyone dives in, dlk dont own oriel, its a 200 year free lease job, stipulations that it can only be used for football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks good. Best of luck to all involved.Hopefully it will attact a few extra fans to support Athlone up in that area.
    City Til I Die

Champions 2005

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    Jaysus, Athlone will have a cracking little ground.
    What facilities are you going to have there?
    The full site is 10 acres.

There will be be male and female referees dressing rooms, home and away dressing room.

Toilets at both ends of the ground, male, female and disalbed.
    Club room, full bar facilities that will be open on match nights and possibly leased out for the remainder of the week to an outside interest.

Press and post match interview room to hold 25+ journalists as far as I know.

Physio Room

Managers office.

FAI room I believe.

Club members room.

Club shop.

There are all located under the stand.

In the stand there is a dedicated press area.

there is a new turnstyle plaza at the entrance to the ground as well

Car parking for 2000 cars as well I think.

To the side of that stand there is a full sized training pitch. Both pitches have floodlighting to UEFA standard.

All work done is to UEFA standard and the club will receive a premier licence next season easily. Pity we will have to use it in the First Division.

There might be more that I have left out but I will try and locate the paper that has an interview with Tom Burke, the Stadium Project manager in it and check it against what I have here
    Last edited by Battery Rover; 08/10/2006 at 9:39 PM.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Page 1 of 402 1231151101 ... LastLast