Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: LOI Promotion Activities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I see Harps fans quite upset about the closing of a club shop..
    It's not closing.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's not closing.
    The physical part of a supporters club shop, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    The physical part of a supporters club shop, no?
    Nope. It's opening more.

Toys firmly out of the pram by some people opposed to change just. Same people loudly spoke out about the formation of an online shop too.

https://finnharps.ie/clarification-r...nn-harps-shop/
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Nope. It's opening more.

Toys firmly out of the pram by some people opposed to change just. Same people loudly spoke out about the formation of an online shop too.

Sadly every club has doom merchants that put disinformation out there.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Nope. It's opening more.

Why would you be against an online club shop in this day and age? I know for me I might not be able to get down to the shop to pick something up for Father's day, as an example, but if I put an order in I'll have whatever I want by next week provided it's in stock. It's just a really practical and relatively inexpensive thing for a club to have.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Great initative from Harps for instance I wont be able to make next away game but will like to make a program purchase online from that game! If only all other clubs did this the loi would be a lot better. I know of a Cork City fan that emailed club looking for a program from earlier this season and he didnt get courtesy of a reply. Hows that for customer service? I know I have my issues with club in the past but you cant defend this bad PR.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Supporters Trust Clubhouse in the Showgrounds used for voting in the local and European elections.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Supporters Trust Clubhouse in the Showgrounds used for voting in the local and European elections.
    Is that the first time ever thats happened redobit?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    915 Posts
    So... if a candidate demands a recount, it'll go to VAR?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Is that the first time ever thats happened redobit?
    It was used for last election too. Its only a small fee the club would get for use of the building but its good exposure and gets the community in aswell.

Its own of the narratives around the redevelopment too ... getting the Showgrounds to make money consistently. Atm the Showgrounds buildings are used 18 odd times a year to make most of its money. The club want the development to be usable all year around. Events, conferences, training, concerts, etc could all take place and make the club money. Theres 13 acres there in a great location that needs to be used better.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Sligo Rovers named sustainable Champions. Shocking bottle job (pun intended) from Bohs, it’s about time they stopped focusing on football and started concentrating on environmental matters

https://x.com/leagueofireland/status...740248775?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Sligo Rovers named sustainable Champions. Shocking bottle job (pun intended) from Bohs, it’s about time they stopped focusing on football and started concentrating on environmental matters

Is it a LoI first sustainable champions....

Bohs definitely need to refocus, Shocking performance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Sligo Rovers named sustainable Champions. Shocking recyclable bottle job (pun intended) from Bohs, it’s about time they stopped focusing on football and started concentrating on environmental matters

Fixed that for you

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Cobh Ramblers are trying to create a suitable road traffic plan around their ground as there has been considerable complaints from residents around St. Colmans Park. There is a garage business directly outside the main gates which has created a lot of used cars in the area. There is a serious problem with the ambulance or other emergency services on match night having access. The fact that the club now has an astro pitch, all the teams associated with the club now train on it and this has brought extra traffic with parents attending these various events. The real problem is the lack of effort on the public. Most want or expect to drive and park as close to the ground. The last thing they want to do is walk!

Big issues for the club committee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Another little window in to unseen issues for increased engagement with LoI clubs/grounds. Traffic management was always an impediment to signficant development in Oriel Park with only one side of the ground accessible by road. Thats changing as land in the area is being developed between Carrick and Ardee Roads. I havent been to St Colemans, one of 3 since Kerry joined but off the top of the head, a used car business cant use public parking but maybe it is using up what is informal 'matchnight parking', certainly around Oriel a blind eye is turned to parking partially on footpaths etc. Buuttt there is an opportunity to get buzz word promotion stuff going imo - getting daily steps in by walking from x car parking area to the game. Or climate action stuff, car pooling, designated fan walking routes. Whatever, and whether it makes any actual difference isnt the point, its about a club looking like they are trying to resolve a issue with a bunch of guilt complex attention grabbing 'positive action'. Bohs should just give me the eco job now after lsoing their title to Slgo....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Cobh Ramblers are trying to create a suitable road traffic plan around their ground as there has been considerable complaints from residents around St. Colmans Park. There is a garage business directly outside the main gates which has created a lot of used cars in the area. There is a serious problem with the ambulance or other emergency services on match night having access. The fact that the club now has an astro pitch, all the teams associated with the club now train on it and this has brought extra traffic with parents attending these various events. The real problem is the lack of effort on the public. Most want or expect to drive and park as close to the ground. The last thing they want to do is walk!

Big issues for the club committee!
    Will be a real issue at a lot of clubs to be honest as attendances and capacity continue to grow. Particularly those outside of inner Dublin. How will the streets around Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps cope when they have their new/developed stadiums in place for example? All 3 get pretty busy as it is currently. Irish football needs to look at becoming less dependent upon support that drives to its games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Will be a real issue at a lot of clubs to be honest as attendances and capacity continue to grow. Particularly those outside of inner Dublin. How will the streets around Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps cope when they have their new/developed stadiums in place for example? All 3 get pretty busy as it is currently. Irish football needs to look at becoming less dependent upon support that drives to its games.
    Or supporters look to become less dependent on parking as close to the centre circle as possible. The bragging on how close people get parked seems part of match night ritual though Id agree itd be probably be easier to get more brand new fans in who live within walking distance than getting life long season ticket holders to park and walk 10 minutes. Rolling congestion charges....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    I think their used to be a thread for books but couldn't find it so posting here.

Dermot Keely has a new autobiography launching shortly. He'll be visiting the likes of Dundalk, Sligo Rovers, Shelbourne and Shamrock Rovers to have launch nights.

He spoke about it on this week's Between the Stripes LOI podcast from about 40 minutes in. Some good insights into the late Jim McLaughlin among other things. Worth a listen, especially for those of an older vintage.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8562284-...h-dermot-keely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I think their used to be a thread for books but couldn't find it so posting here.

Dermot Keely has a new autobiography launching shortly. He'll be visiting the likes of Dundalk, Sligo Rovers, Shelbourne and Shamrock Rovers to have launch nights.

He spoke about it on this week's Between the Stripes LOI podcast from about 40 minutes in. Some good insights into the late Jim McLaughlin among other things. Worth a listen, especially for those of an older vintage.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8562284-...h-dermot-keely
    Thats interesting to hear this outspoken. Let me know when the book is launched pls or post the link here as I will most certainly will buy it. I remember him managin us in the mid 90s and we were close to getting promoted under him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Thats interesting to hear this outspoken. Let me know when the book is launched pls or post the link here as I will most certainly will buy it. I remember him managin us in the mid 90s and we were close to getting promoted under him.
    Details on book launch in the episode. He also talks about his opposition to Longford leaving Abbeycartron

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast