Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Promotion Activities

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    The crest is there but it's absolutely tiny. It should be much much bigger so that it can catch your eye. The placent is good though, right in the middle.
    And if the green background was replaced with black and red it would be more on-brand.
    Also, I noticed it says "The Bohemian Football Club". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the name of the club "Bohemian Football Club", without the "the". It would be fine to say "the bohemian football club" as a description, but when you capitalise the 1st letters of each word it looks like it's the official name of the brand.
    Consistently reinforcing the correct brand name, crest and colours are paramount to building a brand, so my advice would be to say "Bohemian FC", enlarge the crest a lot and use the Bohs colours.
    I chose Bohemian FC, because most big clubs usually abbreviate "football club" these days. Look at Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC for example. If their enormous branding and marketing teams do it there's probably a good reason.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It's literally staring at you in the middle of the page.
    Haha - d'oh ! My bad (embarrassed smiley face).

I didn't notice it amongst the Premier League shirts. Though that probably helps prove the point that the logo/branding is too small (and also seems to have a transparency setting on it).

It's almost as if they don't want people to know it's a Bohs initiative.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 10/08/2017 at 10:20 PM.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I also noticed there's quite a bit of empty space at the sides of the poster lower down. Empty space isn't a bad thing on a poster, it's much better than a poster that's cluttered for eg, but in this case if you're going to enlarge the crest and the name of the club so that it stands out in the centre of the page, you'll probably have to lower the body of text to make room. You could then widen the text into the empty space at the sides.
    Also, i noticed on the Bohs ad at bus stops and on hoardings in Dalymount that the club motto seems to be "The people's club". I think it's a fantastic motto, and should be promoted on club marketing. Think how synonymous "you'll never walk alone" is to Liverpool or "mas que un club" is to Barca. A good motto can go a long way, and Bohs have an excellent one so they should push it as much as possible.

So the centre of the poster could look something like:

Bohemian FC
    INSERT
    BIG
    CREST
    HERE
    The People's Club

6. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    This poster is selling a Premier League Fantasy competition. To some extent it's aimed more at non-Bohs fans than being part of the usual brand building exercises. Obviously the brand is always important, but sometimes there is a case for tailoring to the audience at the time. Not a big fan of the poster but can see why they wouldn't have it all red and black with Bohs stuff super prominent.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    This poster is selling a Premier League Fantasy competition. To some extent it's aimed more at non-Bohs fans than being part of the usual brand building exercises. Obviously the brand is always important, but sometimes there is a case for tailoring to the audience at the time. Not a big fan of the poster but can see why they wouldn't have it all red and black with Bohs stuff super prominent.
    But Fantasy Premier League competitions are ten a penny.

Every decent sized workplace will have one, as will groups of friends, teams etc. It's not as if Bohs are selling a unique product. So why would someone join a random one they've seen advertised over one with other people they know anyway (assuming they have friends and work colleagues, of course) ?

This idea of completely changing your marketing and branding to tailor to your audience is also ballax I'm afraid. You don't see the likes of McDonalds doing it. Your brand is sacred, doesn't get fecked with, and should appear on everything you do. Marketing 1.0. The rest of the ad or whatever it is can then be tailored if you want to reach different audiences, but the branding should be 100% consistent.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I also noticed there's quite a bit of empty space at the sides of the poster lower down. Empty space isn't a bad thing on a poster, it's much better than a poster that's cluttered for eg, but in this case if you're going to enlarge the crest and the name of the club so that it stands out in the centre of the page, you'll probably have to lower the body of text to make room. You could then widen the text into the empty space at the sides.
    Also, i noticed on the Bohs ad at bus stops and on hoardings in Dalymount that the club motto seems to be "The people's club". I think it's a fantastic motto, and should be promoted on club marketing. Think how synonymous "you'll never walk alone" is to Liverpool or "mas que un club" is to Barca. A good motto can go a long way, and Bohs have an excellent one so they should push it as much as possible.

So the centre of the poster could look something like:

Bohemian FC
    INSERT
    BIG
    CREST
    HERE
    The People's Club
    'The People's Club' is a great motto, but isn't particularly unique or ownable.

Everton have been using it for years, for example. It'll probably end up being a very hackneyed motto that at least one club in every league or division uses to try to make themselves sound earthy and cool. That doesn't mean it's a bad motto/strapline btw - just that it's in danger of becoming 'old hat'.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    But using black and red instead of green won't do any harm. The green background may do harm because it's inconsistent with the brand colours. The green colour doesn't seem to have been selected for any other reason other than it looks nice. It does indeed look well, but why not keep all marketing material on the same colour scheme. Consistency is essential!

Every marketing campaign (no matter how small, even if it's only an ad for your Fantasy PL competition), should carry the brand colours, the brand crest/logo, and usually the brand motto. Look at Tesco, every ad will carry the same colour scheme of red, blue and white, it will bear their logo, and it usually has the "Every little helps" motto.

Brand colours are important. And i'd argue that when it comes to a football club, brand colours are even more important than they would be for Tesco or McDonalds.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    But using black and red instead of green won't do any harm. The green background may do harm because it's inconsistent with the brand colours. The green colour doesn't seem to have been selected for any other reason other than it looks nice. It does indeed look well, but why not keep all marketing material on the same colour scheme. Consistency is essential!

Every marketing campaign (no matter how small, even if it's only an ad for your Fantasy PL competition), should carry the brand colours, the brand crest/logo, and usually the brand motto. Look at Tesco, every ad will carry the same colour scheme of red, blue and white, it will bear their logo, and it usually has the "Every little helps" motto.

Brand colours are important. And i'd argue that when it comes to a football club, brand colours are even more important than they would be for Tesco or McDonalds.
    I hope after taking all this time to post about the advertisement, that you at least signed up. Even if you didn't, thanks for all the publicity on foot.ie

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    898 Posts
    Great signings for Bohs!! Did they sell the ground again? (And again and again and...?)
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I hope after taking all this time to post about the advertisement, that you at least signed up. Even if you didn't, thanks for all the publicity on foot.ie
    As Gary Glitter and the Jimmy Saville Estate can confirm, not all publicity is good publicity.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    As Gary Glitter and the Jimmy Saville Estate can confirm, not all publicity is good publicity.
    Well as they say, there's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.

22. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cheers lads.The comp got over 150 entries @ €20 a pop and raised over 2k for the club.It also raised €150 for this year's chosen good cause (Mags' EDS Medical Fund).A sister comp (LMS) also raised 2k..so a good week for Bohs (off the field anyway!).

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Well as they say, there's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.
    Again - try telling that to Gary Glitter or the Saville family.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    I'm somewhat struggling to comprehend the massive lunacy of a jump from gratuitously slagging off a Fantasy Premier League competition that a club is running (along with most other clubs in the league) to comparing it to two infamous paedophiles? Is first prize a trip on myposts spaceship through a time warp to Top of the Pops in 1977?

27. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    I'm somewhat struggling to comprehend the massive lunacy of a jump from gratuitously slagging off a Fantasy Premier League competition that a club is running (along with most other clubs in the league) to comparing it to two infamous paedophiles? Is first prize a trip on myposts spaceship through a time warp to Top of the Pops in 1977?
    That's because you seem unwilling to differentiate between a constructive and reasoned critique of a poster from someone with a career background in marketing, and "gratuitously slagging it off".

And the whole 'all publicity is good publicity' thing is just a lazy, bullsh!t cliché that the real world shows just isn't true.

Run along now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Wow a professional marketeer in our midst!, please dispense more pearls of wisdom oh exalted one.

30. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I once drew up a poster on MS Paint. It looked terrible.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Hard to know whether to blame the artist or the subject matter if it was a Harps one

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Not the only one in the LOI doing it by the looks of it.

34. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    That's because you seem unwilling to differentiate between a constructive and reasoned critique of a poster from someone with a career background in marketing, and "gratuitously slagging it off".

And the whole 'all publicity is good publicity' thing is just a lazy, bullsh!t cliché that the real world shows just isn't true.

Run along now.

Yes, comparing the miniscule level of publicity a little side Fantasy Football Competition that practically every club runs in the country (LOI or otherwise) to two notorious paedophiles is a "constructive and reasoned critique" in terms of publicity, branding and/or marketing in general. Spot on there mate, of course it is. Please do continue educating the proletariat from your wealth of a career background.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast