Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2015

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mayo Super League 2015

Forum for all News, Fixtures, Results, Debates, Predictions and anyting else..... After Westports season last year they will obviously be favourites, can anyone challenge? Who will be involved in relegation baftle

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westport will walk away with the league again this year, could go one better than last season and win every game. Think Manulla might get 2nd with a bit of luck and any one of four to go down S&F, Charlestown, Conn & Ballyglass but going to call Ballyglass & Charlestown. Has there been much movement with players this season? Any teams gain or lose big players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Rumour of a Swinford ex manager taking over S+F Utd this year ...... any truth in it?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Biggest transfer so far is Jp o Gorman going to ballyglass.... I duno will Manulla get second they have young squad might take another few seasons... Snf are leaving it late to appoint some1, who have you in mind Swinford Fc😄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn hawk View Post
    Biggest transfer so far is Jp o Gorman going to ballyglass.... I duno will Manulla get second they have young squad might take another few seasons... Snf are leaving it late to appoint some1, who have you in mind Swinford Fc��
    Just a rumour i heard ..... Dont know is they any truth in it ..... time will tell

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westport will walk it if desire there no doubt about that
    Celtic are a bit thin on the ground but possess a lot of class players - just not enough of them
    Ballina under Nixey should challenge for second
    Ballyheane will be fit and Erris will beat anyone on their day just not in the first part of the season
    Ballyglass are organised and will benefit greatly from O'Gorman
    Don't know much about the others but no obvious weak team as yet

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any idea when the fixtures are out? Would like to see if anyone has a tough start.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westport should win it again if they suceed in getting the Mayoman of the Year as manager, as he will keep them focused. Will be an interesting race amongst the rest. Ballina and Castlebar will challenge but it will all depend if they can take points off westport as I cannot see any other team doing so.
    Ballyglass will surprise a few as all newly promoted teams do, and JP will score plenty of goals for them, but Manulla should lead the pack from the rest. It will be interesting to see what players they can 'attract' this season. Ballyheane will be in a similar boat to Manulla and should survive. Erris will finish strong, but I think the relegation battle will be between Conn Rangers, S & F and Charlestown, with Charlestown and Conn going down!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any word on when fixtures are out or start date? i presume with the charity sheild on the 4th it should be the week after, anyone hear anything concrete tho?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't think Westport will walk it, Caslebar and Ballina i think will be more competitive this year. Who is lined up to take over the Westport hot seat???
    Ballyglass would be my surprise package i seen them play a couple of weeks ago, looked decent.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ballina aren't the same team they were before. Watched them a few times last year and they struck me as distinctly average with the exception of Lavelle up front and 2 good midfielders. They dropped a lot of silly points last season and I'd expect them to do the same this season. Ballyglass are getting a few mentions on here as a team that might surprise a few people, might have to make a trip to see them play, if only the fixtures would come out I'd know when to go!
    Any confirmation on managerial appointments for Westport, S&F and Charlestown?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Don't think Westport will walk it, Caslebar and Ballina i think will be more competitive this year. Who is lined up to take over the Westport hot seat???
    Ballyglass would be my surprise package i seen them play a couple of weeks ago, looked decent.
    The the Mayoman of the Year 2014 has been mentioned. It would be a change of codes for him, but does not mean he would do a bad job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twoleftfeet View Post
    Ballina aren't the same team they were before. Watched them a few times last year and they struck me as distinctly average with the exception of Lavelle up front and 2 good midfielders. They dropped a lot of silly points last season and I'd expect them to do the same this season. Ballyglass are getting a few mentions on here as a team that might surprise a few people, might have to make a trip to see them play, if only the fixtures would come out I'd know when to go!
    Any confirmation on managerial appointments for Westport, S&F and Charlestown?
    I was talking to one of the Charlestown lads last Sunday, he said that they are having real trouble getting a manager

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can anyone justify to me why so many people are giving Ballyglass the tag as ones to watch, they didn't win premier league last year, they didn't win premier league cup.... They got very convincingly bet by Erris in Connaught cup, 5 1 till few mins to go, ended 5 3.... Are people just saying this because they signed Jp o Gorman😁 and that mossy lad from Partry

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What happens if a team doesn't have a manager appointed by the start of the season? Are they removed from the league? Would it mean another Premier team being promoted or the Super League being reduced by 1 team for the season. Would be a shame to see any team fall out of the super league over something like this.

And Conn hawk, surely you above anybody on this thread are best placed to assess Ballyglass. What's your opinion?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twoleftfeet View Post
    What happens if a team doesn't have a manager appointed by the start of the season? Are they removed from the league? Would it mean another Premier team being promoted or the Super League being reduced by 1 team for the season. Would be a shame to see any team fall out of the super league over something like this.

And Conn hawk, surely you above anybody on this thread are best placed to assess Ballyglass. What's your opinion?
    I duno exactly how it works but Snf have appointed 2 of their senior players as player manager type thing, what other teams haven't been sorted yet, westport won't be pulling out of superleague they shud find someone to take that job😄 is it then just Charlestown managerless? Ballyglass are a good side, but they never overly impressed, we bet them up their in the league by a goal, bet them in divisional cup, in big league game near end of year they bet us 1 0 in conn...Danny broderick and Matty Hamilton good players, they've apparently added to their squad, and Jp o Gorman is a top signing but I've a feeling Ballyheane could be close to winning it,

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I really don't think Ballyheane will come anywhere near winning the super league especially after losing Chris Maughan to Castlebar, he was by far there best player the last few seasons. Castlebar have added some decent players to their squad and i expect them to compete for the title. To survive in the super league you need to have good footballing ability along with some physicallity and from what i seen Ballyglass seem to have a good mix of both which will stand to them plus i didn't even know J.P had signed for them as he didn't play the day i seen them, a great signing and he's a proven goalscorer which can only be a bonus, this is why i think they'll do okay.
    Last edited by NightOwl; 27/03/2015 at 1:22 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any friendlys on this weekend, any teams performing well.... Ballyheane put up massive effort against Mervue in Connaught cup

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    I really don't think Ballyheane will come anywhere near winning the super league especially after losing Chris Maughan to Castlebar, he was by far there best player the last few seasons. Castlebar have added some decent players to their squad and i expect them to compete for the title. To survive in the super league you need to have good footballing ability along with some physicallity and from what i seen Ballyglass seem to have a good mix of both which will stand to them plus i didn't even know J.P had signed for them as he didn't play the day i seen them, a great signing and he's a proven goalscorer which can only be a bonus, this is why i think they'll do okay.
    Ballyheane won't come close is a big shout as they were second and Fourth in the last two seasons.
    Losing Chris Maughan - watch this space
    Ballyheane best player has was and always will be Peter Bourke. No question about it and of late Eric up front has been brillant
    Last edited by mossy; 31/03/2015 at 10:18 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Paul Moran had been training with Snf for last 4 weeks but over weekend has decided to sign for Castlebar celtic....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast