Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: city recieve 1million

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

city recieve 1million

according to newspaper reports anyway city are to recieve 1million from the fai to knock the shed. The new stand will seat 1,500 and corporate boxes as well as the new dressing rooms.
    money also being given to mayfield and ballincollig soccer clubs for development!
    won't be ready in uefa cup time though!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and which news paper reported this info?????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    SINDO sport page 19
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasnt that money secured ages ago, it just has to be released to the MFA/City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    All I can say is well done if the money comes through and you get to redevelop the Shed. The X will look the biz.

You are lucky to have the MFA on your side. We have to put up with objections from An Bord Luchleasiocht na hEireann (who object everytime when we make an approach to the City Council to get some kind of a lease on the RSC) and an indifferent senior Government Minister Martin Cullen who didnt even make funds available to develop the RSC when he was Minister for Public Works but at the same time squandered millions of tax payers money on the e-voting machines and a government office in Waterford that cost 18million.

I'm not bitter , after all Munster clubs should be supporting each other to smash the Dublin stranglehold on senior football in this country.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    All I can say is well done if the money comes through and you get to redevelop the Shed. The X will look the biz.

You are lucky to have the MFA on your side. We have to put up with objections from An Bord Luchleasiocht na hEireann (who object everytime when we make an approach to the City Council to get some kind of a lease on the RSC) and an indifferent senior Government Minister Martin Cullen who didnt even make funds available to develop the RSC when he was Minister for Public Works but at the same time squandered millions of tax payers money on the e-voting machines and a government office in Waterford that cost 18million.

I'm not bitter , after all Munster clubs should be supporting each other to smash the Dublin stranglehold on senior football in this country.

At last the REAL Partizan is back..nice to hear some decent comments from you again..these Munster derbys really do get people on all sides going..

And it is important to have good Cork and Waterford clubs doing well in the league.We all unite against the Dublin stranglehold on this league..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Release of €1m to ease Cork's pain
    Sunday November 21st 2004
    http://www.unison.ie/sportsdesk/stor...=12&si=1291478
    EXCLUSIVE
    SEÁN RYAN

WHILE Cork City fans may be deflated at having the eircom League title snatched from their grasp on the last night of the season, new FAI supremo John Delaney was able to offer them some welcome news yesterday.

A total of over €1m, set aside for the development of Turner's Cross and two other Cork soccer complexes, will shortly be released following negotiations initiated by FAI financial director Peter Buckley.

"This money comes from the sale of Bishopstown Stadium over two years ago," explained Delaney. "It was sold for €1.7m subject to planning permission and on receipt of a deposit. It is only in the last month that Peter Buckley has been able to bring the deal to a conclusion."

The FAI originally paid €500,000 for Bishopstown and the €1.2m profit they have made is earmarked for the Munster FA's development of Turner's Cross, the Mayfield complex, and possibly another complex in Ballincollig. In each case, the Government will provide a further 80 per cent funding for the various projects.

In Cork City's case, the Turner's Cross development, which will see the famous Shed end replaced by a 1,500-seater stand, including corporate boxes, won't happen in time for City's UEFA Cup challenge next summer. As a result, City will be forced to play their European games to a reduced capacity of 5,500, as seating is mandatory for UEFA Cup ties.

Cork City are the best supported team in the Eircom League, with their gate receipts accounting for 60 per cent of the €1m it costs to run the club, according to Chairman Brian Lennox. "The remaining 40 per cent comes from the commercial side, but I would like to see that percentage grow."

Lennox has overseen a revolution in his three years in charge - and he has set his sights on being top dogs in the League next season.

In European competition, his aims are not so clear yet. "I set out this year that we should get to the semi-final of the Inter Toto Cup, but we went out at the quarter-final stage. I haven't set my targets for next year yet."

Lennox believes that a club won't make money from Europe until it gets into the Champions' League and says: "Too many clubs just go for the trip, and if the players know that it's hardly worth taking part. All our players now have the experience of having done well in Europe, and the negative experience of coming back and losing - and that will help too. When we had our 'clear the air' meeting before our good run, it was the players who were dissatisfied with their own performance, they felt they had let themselves down."

Lennox is upbeat about the future. "We have a product, a show, an entertainment, we have customers rather than fans. We have a lot of families on Friday nights in Turner's Cross."

Without the luxury of a Lansdowne Road if they progress in Europe, the FAI's release of funds to develop Turner's Cross is a welcome boost to this progressive club.
    I would like to see what the new stand is going to look like. Great news for C.C.F.C (even if i dont support the ****s )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Then what was all the fuss about the time of the Jimmy McGeough saga and the vitrolic abuse we got from you lot prior and after the Cup Final, which was uncalled for may I add..

Time to put words into practice lads.

After all the vast majority of you (99%) shouted for a Dublin based Longford team against your fellow Munster minions in the Final while we shouted for City in the Intertwo Bob.

No wonder Blues fans like meself got miffed and rightly so.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    that money was promised last season, we are waiting on our share too, so we can cover the rest of the ground and upgrade the lights as well and plitch has to be longer also.....

once all this fai in fighting is over the government might flash the cash but i wouldn't hold me breath
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Eh, that's all well and good but why only Cork? I know you have the biggest active support and all but what about the rest of us?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its for the clubs that gain euopean qualification so we can have our grounds ready for next/last season
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    its for the clubs that gain euopean qualification so we can have our grounds ready for next/last season
    I don't see why they aren't helping all of us, only further disadvantages the smaller clubs. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for Cork, just seems very uneven handed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    not really, sort out the european teams first and then the others, thats the plan afaik

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    not really, sort out the european teams first and then the others, thats the plan afaik
    Well fair enough if so. As long as they don't forget the rest of us. But if that's how long a priority like Cork are dealt with, I'm not looking forward to seeing when the rest of us are helped. What capacity will this like the X at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. .................

that money was promised last season, we are waiting on our share too,

No ... that is different money, and you could nearly forget about it too .... That was capital grants, nothingot do with the FAI, although they gave the money out.

There are two club that are holding this up .... as they were given money for developments and spent it on players wages, i.e. not developments.

That money is as good as gone and the whole league will suffer in the future because those two club will not document and report how the spent the money. That was one of the few conditions to receiving that money, to report and prove how you spent it.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    welli know shels are holding it up, who is the other club ??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    welli know shels are holding it up, who is the other club ??
    *cough*rovers*cough*
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hmmmmmmm, now why didn't i think of that

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    *cough*rovers*cough*
    Ooh, are we starting a whispering campaign? Excellent!

*cough* Ramblers *cough*
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by city 4 life
    according to newspaper reports anyway city are to recieve 1million from the fai to knock the shed. The new stand will seat 1,500 and corporate boxes as well as the new dressing rooms.
    money also being given to mayfield and ballincollig soccer clubs for development!
    won't be ready in uefa cup time though!
    Why oh why is the new stand only going to seat 1,500?

Cork City are the biggest supported club in the EL. Look how many were standing in the nooks and crannies last Friday. Surely a 4-5,000 seater stand would be more appropriate?
    Football is life. The rest is mere detail...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast