Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shels transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shels transfers

recent rumours have been confirmed.hawkins,bobby ryan and glen crowe have all signed for shels.
    i know its a little early to be talkin about next season and all but whatever about hawkins,with ryan and crowe they will have some team for the next season.
    it will be some challenge next year to top them.that said bohs have been left high and dry with arguably their 3 best players leaving.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Kingdom of Bohemia, home of the BIG club!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie
    bohs have been left high and dry with arguably their 3 best players leaving.
    Yes, the Judas bas***ds have done us no favours, but our BEST player has remained.... the living legend, Kevin Hunt!

Like the pheonix from the ashes, we will rise once again...

Bohs till I die.
    And on the Seventh Day, God created Kevin Hunt.

Kevin Hunt - Probably the Greatest Bohemian ever !

Living Legend!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels can buy in as much talent as they can fit on the banks of the Tolka River for all I care. IMO they are following a risky financial route in doing so. They will probably get lucky for a season or two. But that kind of luck has to last every year because the European competition windfalls are not enough to supplement their poor earnings in the domestic competitions.
    Bottom line is, with Shels burning money on expensive wage bills, they will be trading recklessly, with their financial projections dependent on a considerable element of luck.
    And after the crash, players who want to be paid for playing footy will come looking for their jobs back, and believe me when I say, they will still be plenty young enough to play at the top level.
    The other clubs in the Premier and First divisions, who still take the long term approach by basing their main development on building their player base from within their own communities, will have the last laugh.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    $hels have claimed that they are €350,000 in debt. IF they can be pushed into 3rd place in any of the next 2 seasons, they are totally fcuked.

Personally, I want City to concentrate 100% on the league next year. Treat every league game like it was a cup final, and both the league Cup and FAI cup should be very secondary targets. We won't play in the UEFA cup until September, so I would want City to be first or second in the table by then, and be at least 6 points ahead of all the other teams. Use the Setanta cup to get money, but not allow it to affect any league games we have at the same time.

It is A PRIORITY to stop $hels from getting 3 in a row, because we are now staring at the Rosenboug nightmare scenario.....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    $hels have claimed that they are €350,000 in debt. IF they can be pushed into 3rd place in any of the next 2 seasons, they are totally fcuked.

Personally, I want City to concentrate 100% on the league next year. Treat every league game like it was a cup final, and both the league Cup and FAI cup should be very secondary targets. We won't play in the UEFA cup until September, so I would want City to be first or second in the table by then, and be at least 6 points ahead of all the other teams. Use the Setanta cup to get money, but not allow it to affect any league games we have at the same time.

It is A PRIORITY to stop $hels from getting 3 in a row, because we are now staring at the Rosenboug nightmare scenario.....
    I think the Rosenbourg scenario is exactly what Irish football needs. Fair play to Shels. Never mind the begrudgers. Here's hoping that Shels can continue to raise the bar for the rest of the league to aim at. Champions League group phase would do nicely next year.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We won't play in the UEFA cup until September, so I would want City to be first or second in the table by then, and be at least 6 points ahead of all the other teams.

Its actually july!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If city had won the league last night we would have been seeded in the champions league draw. That would have been down to Shels performance in europe last season.

As Anita a norwegian poster on aonther site remarked " Btw, Ricardo, thx for full info on CLQR1. My point was that Ireland and Belarus would change place this year in seeding, due to Shelbournes excellent campaign this season. Those small steps for small countries. Like Confucius said; 'Every journey starts with the first step'. So beware, Ireland are on their way "

Well, its time for shels, city and Longford to do it next season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Patsh, I agree that the Rosenburg situation would mean the end of domestic soccer as a meaningful competition. It would be the equivalent of a long "Kick The Bar" contest to amuse fans between european matches.
    But the Eircom League is a long way from that IMO. Shels know that they were a bounce of the ball away from losing the league this year. The Eircom league is far too competitive still. I believe that even with the new signings, it is likely that Bohs and Drogs and CCFC will be title challengers again next season, and I would say that the tide is going in our favour. We have a rich harvest of young players emerging from the underage level. And look at our current squad. At 24 years, Neal Horgan is the 4th oldest!!
    And as for Shels going into liquidation as a result of foolhardy spending, if that does happen (and I think it will, sooner rather than later) I think that few real football supporters will shed a tear; the club is little more than a business. The people behind it could not give a toss for football, IMO, so why should the true Shels supporters feel any differently, when there are other clubs in Dublin which reflect a love of the game for itself, and who would welcome their support.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any stories with regards new faces for next season?
    with regards the fella that hopes shels turn into a rosenbourg-have you gone mad?i'm all for clubs raising the bar for the rest of the league but roenbourg have set the bar so high only them can surpass it.that would mean no 1 would be interested in investing in any other club in the league besides themselves. leaving them miles ahead of the rest of the league.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    . The people behind it could not give a toss for football, IMO, so why should the true Shels supporters feel any differently, when there are other clubs in Dublin which reflect a love of the game for itself, and who would welcome their support.
    What in the name of jaysus are you whittering on about? You accuse Shels of being run at a loss, then say the people running it run it like a business and don't give a toss about football. If you're going to come up with the usual bitter sh*te about Shels at least make it half decent.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    I think the Rosenbourg scenario is exactly what Irish football needs. Fair play to Shels. Never mind the begrudgers. .
    Oh sorry, you are right and I am just a little begrudger, I forgot that I shouldn't want the club I support to win the league...
    Yes it would be excellent for Irish football if $hels won the league year after year after year...
    *%*/+$*&".....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Rosenborg situation would be an abolute disaster, but as Sheridans post showed, Shels making the CL wouldn't cause that to happen. Back to back titles wont cause that to happen either, teams in the past have won 2 or more titles back to back and we've never had a Rosenborg situation.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    The Rosenborg situation would be an abolute disaster, but as Sheridans post showed, Shels making the CL wouldn't cause that to happen. Back to back titles wont cause that to happen either, teams in the past have won 2 or more titles back to back and we've never had a Rosenborg situation.
    Team in the past did not have the possibility of getting enormous amounts, (in eL terms), of money. If $hels get to the CL group stages, they could possibly get an income equal to all the other clubs put together.
    I don't begrudge $hels their success, it was up to us to stop them and we didn't, (if we had gained even 1 point aginst you at home, we would have won the league), but I'm sick to death of being told that I'm a begrudger and that it can't ahppen. It has happened in every league in the world. The team that has the most money, so can buy all the best players, dominates the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It has happened in every league in the world. The team that has the most money, so can buy all the best players, dominates the league.
    That's just simply not the case. Dig up Sheridans post from around the time of the Deportivo game, it shows that that just isn't true.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i have to agree with slash/ed, its simply not true.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal in England.
    Celtic/Rangers in Scotland.
    Rosenbourg in Norway.
    Bayern in Germany
    Juventus, AC and Inter Milan in Italy
    and on and on and on.
    These teams have the most money, they DOMINATE their leagues.
    $hels have the potential to earn money which is way out of proportion to this league. IF they get it, they will COMPLETELY DOMINATE this league.
    Don't keep saying that it can't happen , IT CAN.
    All the above mentioned clubs have access to money.
    Rosenbourg have got their money from continued acccess to the CL, and earn far more money than any of their local rivals can generate.
    How many clubs in the eL could have added Honker, Crowe and Ryan to their already highly paid squad, pay them for the next 4 months without any games?
    My guess is NONE except $hels.
    I don't begrudge $hels their success, they have gone about their business and have arrived, somewhat slightly questionably maybe, at their present pre-eminent position. However, it doesn't mean I'm should be happy for them and not worry about the possible consequences for the rest of the eL.
    If you don't believe the situation I've outlined could arise, fair enough.
    However, others believe it could and are not begrudgers for thinking so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Every team you mention there bar one plays in a big league, it's not the CL money that has them so dominant it's the worldwide support and TV revenue they get that puts them on another planet to other sides in their leagues. Unless all the youing ones in Asia start worshipping Wes Hoolahan, that's a completley different issue.

Rosenbourg are the only team you mention there from a 'smaller' european league. They're the exception, not the rule, there's many examples of teams from 'smaller' leagues who have qualifyed for the CL and not gone on to dominate their own domestic league. There's far more of them then there is examples of Rosenbourg like situations.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Every team you mention there bar one plays in a big league, it's not the CL money that has them so dominant it's the worldwide support and TV revenue they get that puts them on another planet to other sides in their leagues. Unless all the youing ones in Asia start worshipping Wes Hoolahan, that's a completley different issue.

I KNOW they are from bigger leagues, I said the one common thing about all these clubs is MONEY.
    The only way for an eL team to get big money in this country is through the CL. Thus, if $hels get a few years of good runs in the CL, they will get more and more money, far more than any club in the league can generate.

Are you deliberately ignoring my point on this?

Rosenbourg are the only team you mention there from a 'smaller' european league. They're the exception, not the rule, there's many examples of teams from 'smaller' leagues who have qualifyed for the CL and not gone on to dominate their own domestic league. There's far more of them then there is examples of Rosenbourg like situations.
    Hw many of the teams from other countries had a plan like $hels?
    Did all those clubs speculate in such a way that their plan was to ensure they won their domestic league every year, so they could get into the CL and get money?
    $hels stated intention is to get into the CL EVERY year, indeed their entire future plans are built on this. This means they must win the league EVERY year to get the CL spot. To ensure that happens, they are buying the best players they can and are probably offering the best wages. To fund this, they MUST get in to the CL to get the money. To get into the CL, they must win the league every year, buy the best players to ensure this happens, and then earn the money from the CL run to continue the dominance at home. Their plan, to be successful, MUST ensure they win the league EVERY year.

Now can you tell me that this is not what $hels want to happen?

I really think my point is quite straight forward.
    I don't really give a sh*t about what happens in Croatia, Hungary, or anywhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I KNOW they are from bigger leagues, I said the one common thing about all these clubs is MONEY.
    The only way for an eL team to get big money in this country is through the CL. Thus, if $hels get a few years of good runs in the CL, they will get more and more money, far more than any club in the league can generate.

Are you deliberately ignoring my point on this?
    No, but in other leagues teams have made the CL, got the money that brings in and not dominated their league. People forget that two Norwegian sides made the CL one season. One went on to dominate, the other is currently struggling with relegation. There's more to the Rosenbough situation than making the champions league. I know it brings in additional money, but that alone is not enough, lets face it, we've had enough money to outbid other eL sides for a long while now anyway.

Hw many of the teams from other countries had a plan like $hels?
    Did all those clubs speculate in such a way that their plan was to ensure they won their domestic league every year, so they could get into the CL and get money?
    $hels stated intention is to get into the CL EVERY year, indeed their entire future plans are built on this. This means they must win the league EVERY year to get the CL spot. To ensure that happens, they are buying the best players they can and are probably offering the best wages. To fund this, they MUST get in to the CL to get the money. To get into the CL, they must win the league every year, buy the best players to ensure this happens, and then earn the money from the CL run to continue the dominance at home. Their plan, to be successful, MUST ensure they win the league EVERY year.

Now can you tell me that this is not what $hels want to happen?

I really think my point is quite straight forward.
    I don't really give a sh*t about what happens in Croatia, Hungary, or anywhere else.
    Of course that's what Shels want to happen do you not think it's what every other team wanted to happen? Do you think their plan was to maybe win the league here and there and the odd CL appearence would be nice? Just because it's our plan doesn't mean it'll happen. In all fairness, I think Cork are too well run to let it happen, amoungst others. Don't forget, the UEFA cup group stages could earn alot of money for Cork too, what if we go out in the first or second round this time and Cork make the UEFA groups?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, but in other leagues teams have made the CL, got the money that brings in and not dominated their league. People forget that two Norwegian sides made the CL one season. One went on to dominate, the other is currently struggling with relegation. There's more to the Rosenbough situation than making the champions league. I know it brings in additional money, but that alone is not enough, lets face it, we've had enough money to outbid other eL sides for a long while now anyway.
    Yes I know about two teams in Norway, but a country that size, like Ireland can only support one big club.
    In Ireland, the CL money would be enough to ensure domination.

Of course that's what Shels want to happen do you not think it's what every other team wanted to happen? Do you think their plan was to maybe win the league here and there and the odd CL appearence would be nice? Just because it's our plan doesn't mean it'll happen. In all fairness, I think Cork are too well run to let it happen, amoungst others. Don't forget, the UEFA cup group stages could earn alot of money for Cork too, what if we go out in the first or second round this time and Cork make the UEFA groups?
    I know that a plan doesn't always work out, but if it did, the league would be fcuked. Thus, go back to my first post in this thread and my words "It is A PRIORITY to stop $hels from getting 3 in a row". It is up to all the other clubs to stop $hels, because if they win the league again next season, they can really start to pull away from every other club in the country, and the win the league every year scenario will come true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast