Thread: Nice people those Israelis...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Angry Nice people those Israelis...

Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian schoolgirl in Gaza Strip

11:25 Thursday October 28th 2004

Israeli soldiers have shot and killed an eight-year-old Palestinian girl while she was on her way to school in the Gaza Strip this morning.
    Witnesses said the youngster was walking through the Khan Younis refugee camp when she was hit by random machine-gun fire from an Israeli army outpost at the nearby illegal Jewish settlement of Ganei Tal.

She was the latest in a string of Palestinian schoolgirls to be killed by Israeli soldiers over the past four years.

Meanwhile, around 40 Israeli tanks and armoured vehicles invaded the Jenin refugee camp in the West Bank last night, sparking a gunbattle with local militants. There were no reports of any deaths or injuries.

Israel said the raid was part of a crackdown on Palestinian militants and was likely to last a number of days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    context, context, context

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Palestinians launch rockets into Israeli Settlements destroying a créche killing 17 children.
    j'accuse!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman
    Palestinians launch rockets into Israeli Settlements destroying a créche killing 17 children.
    Whats your point?
    That an innocent school girl should be murdered, because 17 other innocent school children were murdered?....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Whats your point?
    That an innocent school girl should be murdered, because 17 other innocent school children were murdered?....
    no, but theres 2 sides to every story.

if was in the news that some guy viciously stabbed a man resulting in his death, it'd be unfair not to mention that the said man was holding a gun to his head after shooting his wife.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Aye, the Israelis seem to act very passionatley whenever something happens. Not passing judgemnt or anything but I notice that when the Palestinians maasacre some children the Israelis normally respond by doing the same. Neither side is in the right.
    Having said that using 'Israelis' or 'Palestinians' for that matter is 'tarring with the same brush' to keep in with the foot.ie phrase of the month
    All seriousness though-when another little Palestinian girl got shot about a week back by an Israeli sergant his whole platoon/battalion or whatever, were disgusted and took action to get him kicked out and court marsheleld. He didn't get court marshelled but was removed from command for something along the lines of "loosing the confidence of his battalion".
    It's all a very sad story.
    Last night though when Yassar Arrafat took a turn for the worse the Israelis did say he could go to hospital wherever he wanted including abroad. Any hidden agenda or the argument that they shouldn't have had him under 'house arrest' in the first place though comes up from this......

Not black and white at all
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    Last night though when Yassar Arrafat took a turn for the worse the Israelis did say he could go to hospital wherever he wanted including abroad. Any hidden agenda or the argument that they shouldn't have had him under 'house arrest' in the first place though comes up from this......
    Or the fact they said they wouldn't guarantee he could go back....

tbh I'm sick of the so called "only democracy in the middle east". They act worse than many of the dictatorships. And yet another example of failed US Foreign Policy...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShedEnd.com
    context, context, context
    You want context - here's some fcuking context for you:

Since the outbreak of the present intifada in September 2000, the Israeli army and paramilitary Jewish settlers have killed more than 3400 Palestinians, a majority of them innocent civilians, including some 640 children and minors. Thousands of others have been injured, many of them disabled for life. During the same period, as many 950 Israeli soldiers, settlers and civilians have been killed by armed Palestinian fighters, including human bombers.

The Israelis are scum, pure and simple. Personally I'd chase the lot of them into the fcuking sea. But I may be a little OTT on my feelings on this matter.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the israelis are as bad as the palestinians

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no, but theres 2 sides to every story.

if was in the news that some guy viciously stabbed a man resulting in his death, it'd be unfair not to mention that the said man was holding a gun to his head after shooting his wife.
    There are at least two sides to every story.
    However, what has the school girl who was murdered got to do with the 17 children murdered?
    Has it been alleged/proved/shown that
    She fired that rocket?
    She ordered the firing of it?
    She made the rocket?
    In what way is the murder of those 17 children the "other side ofthe story" of the murder of the girl?
    There IS NO CONTEXT for this murder.

It's the innocent who normally get killed on all sides. If you want to mention
    one sides "story", along with the other side's "story", to somehow achieve some sort of "balance", fair enough. To somehow suggest a link between the the schoolgirl and the 17 murders is disgraceful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    theres no link (well, we wont go into it) but saying the israelis are scum without mentioning the fact that they've a match in the palestinians is called propaganda and arrafat would be proud.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    theres no link (well, we wont go into it) .
    There is no link; full stop. Unless you have evidence of a link, what is there "to go into"?

but saying the israelis are scum without mentioning the fact that they've a match in the palestinians is called propaganda and arrafat would be proud.
    To make a sweeping generalisation about any nation is ridiculous.
    To make the statement about any nation is an opinion, but hardly propoganda.
    It's hardly likely that anyone who makes a statement about a nation they disagree with, would also mention something negative about a nation they agree with. After all, opinion is by it's very nature, partisan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gnerally in Ireland we've always swung towards the Palestinians due to the PLO/IRA Israel/U*A links but it seems people are becoming a bit more open minded nowdays....
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the israelis are as bad as the palestinians
    no no and no again. the israeli's are the illegal occupants of palestinian land who take advantage of their status as a supposed democracy and the backing of the US to murder and slaughter innocent civilians in the name of "national security." the israeli approach would be like the british government carpet bombing dublin in response to the canary wharf bombing or something. they are in contravention of numerous UN resolutions and quite simply the most murderous state on the planet since Nazi germany. how ironic that israel was founded for the jews after the horrors of the holocaust and now the state they have created is as bad as the one they were running away from. israel= filth.

Gnerally in Ireland we've always swung towards the Palestinians due to the PLO/IRA Israel/U*A links but it seems people are becoming a bit more open minded nowdays....
    we've swung towards the palestinians because we know what its like to be brutally occupied by a murderous foreign government, thats why.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Its worse than ever... both sides are being urged on by "nutter elements" (the Israeli right-wing, and the more militant groups on the Palestinian side), which means the situation is getting worse and worse... theres no chance of a "Camp David" style agreement now. Sadly its the innocent civilians who are targeted. The biggest irony of it all is the Othordox Jews, who tend to be the most right wing and pro-settlers etc, get out of doing their national service in dangerous areas on religous grounds.

I dont think the conflict there will ever end... there is too much hatred and mistrust, its generations old and neither side will back down. On the one had the Palestinian leaders and wider Arabic world (also Iran) are reluctant to even consider an Israeli State (even one within its UN borders). On the other hand Israeli right-wingers dont want to budge from their occupation outside the UN boundaries.

The more it goes on the more the moderates on either side get marginalised, the more calls their are for "revenge", and the more civilians get killed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo
    I dont think the conflict there will ever end... there is too much hatred and mistrust, its generations old and neither side will back down.
    I can see where your coming from here-although people would have said exactly the same about Northern Ireland 10/20 years ago and although we all know it would be naive to pretend that Northern Ireland is in harmoney, the situation has improved a lot in many areas.
    Hopefully one day we will be able to say the same for the Middle East...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can see where your coming from here-although people would have said exactly the same about Northern Ireland 10/20 years ago and although we all know it would be naive to pretend that Northern Ireland is in harmoney, the situation has improved a lot in many areas.
    Hopefully one day we will be able to say the same for the Middle East...
    the thing in the 6 counties is that you had moderate people coming more to the fore and there was always a sizeable element on each side which wanted to move forward. in the case of the palestine conflict, you have terrorists claiming to be a government on the israeli side, and you have terrorists running amok on the other side becaue the palestinian authority can't control them, the extremists are getting more popular if anything and I can't see it changing any time soon. the only way to sole it is to force the israeli's to withdraw to the 1967 borders as demanded by the UN (at the very least) and for the UN to send peacekeepers- but that won't happen as long as you have a war criminal like sharon being backed by the murdering filth in washington dc.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Maybe in small minded plastic republican circles, who are quick to jump on any bandwagon they think is "cool".
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Maybe in small minded plastic republican circles, who are quick to jump on any bandwagon they think is "cool".

Your patronising arguement being that while you can work out the complexities of political situations, those with views that you do not agree with cannot
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Never said I agreed with it-personally I think the 'one struggle' has fundemantal flaws.
    Ok both countries have been occupied and in theory it's the same fight. But certain Republicans in the osc celebrated on 9/11 because of the Palestine link and the fact the Americans gave money to the Isralies who gave arms to the U*A. However through NORAID the Americans gave millions of dollars to the RA leaving the Americans fuelling both sides of the conflict and certain Republicans celebrating the deaths of the very people who had given THEM money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast