Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quote from george hamilton

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

quote from george hamilton

"friday night is eircom league night".....if only george, u get to say that bout twice a year
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    "friday night is eircom league night".....if only george, u get to say that bout twice a year
    What a tosser...can't belive the irony of that comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quality Aertel headline:

SHELS WIN SEALS EIRCOM LEAGUE CROWN 222

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Gabriel Egan or Eoin Hand had said that on radio they might have been justified in saying so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    cant believe they got doolo on the commentary team cud anyone understand him?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheDrog
    cant believe they got doolo on the commentary team cud anyone understand him?

I could but then I know him for years

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    George Hamilton is a legend. It's hardly RTE's fault that they've shown so few domestic games this season. Shels refused to let them screen a game some weeks back. So stop the whinging.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    listen pm stop disagreeing just for the sake of it, hamilton knows NOTHING about el, did u hear him in amy games this season. he hasn't a clue who the players are and it shows in his commentary. shels were given 36 hrs notice by rte and that simpley isn't god enough......

whinging, we have every right to, they are the NATIONAL BROADCASTER, but yet show more of a foreign league than thir own national one.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    listen pm stop disagreeing just for the sake of it, hamilton knows NOTHING about el, did u hear him in amy games this season. he hasn't a clue who the players are and it shows in his commentary. shels were given 36 hrs notice by rte and that simpley isn't god enough......

whinging, we have every right to, they are the NATIONAL BROADCASTER, but yet show more of a foreign league than thir own national one.
    Im not disagreeing for the sake of it. That's my genuine opinion. Hamilton is a great commentator. If an EL club really wanted a televised game, 36 hours notice would hardly be a problem. I think these clubs only think about the short-term. All that was bothering Shels is that the attendance might have dropped. If these clubs want more exposure, that is the price thay may have to pay. George Hamilton was only doing his job by announcing that Friday night was EL night. Nothing wrong with that. BTW, the reason our national broadcaster shows more football from foreign countries is that there is more demand for it. Unfortunate as it is, not everyone in this country is as passionate about the EL as me and you Max.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Hamilton is a great commentator.
    Words can not explain how much I disagree with what you just said.Not just for his commentary in el matches but his commentating in general.I despise him
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Words can not explain how much I disagree with what you just said.Not just for his commentary in el matches but his commentating in general.I despise him

if an irish international game is on skysports ,i watch that rather than listen to the man who quoted "the baggio brothers" as players for italy.

i hate his commentary style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man"
    "the baggio brothers"
    Now in fairness, the full quote explains everything "The Baggio brothers are, of course, not related".

I like George Hamilton, he may not say the most sensible things at times but at least he's not dull like pretty much every second commentator out there, he can make a match seem interesting unlike TV3 who would make a 5-4 game seem dire because they haven't got a commentator with any personality.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    George Hamilton is a legend and a fan of the eL, he's a Bohs man as far as i know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelsTim
    George Hamilton is a legend and a fan of the eL, he's a Bohs man as far as i know.
    Really ? Somehow I find that hard to believe. In fairness to RTE though, when they do decide to bother their asp they do a decent job, much better than the TV3 clowns. Last nights coverage was pretty good all round I thought.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hamilton is a glentoran fan..(so that probably does mean he follows the bohezzz in the EL)

and he is a useless tosser of a commentator.please dont disagree.christ hes useless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    hamilton is a glentoran fan..(so that probably does mean he follows the bohezzz in the EL)

and he is a useless tosser of a commentator.please dont disagree.christ hes useless!
    My Unionist cousin from Norn Iron supports Bohez too. Is there some connection between them and up North?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well bohezzs history isnt exactly something to shout from the roof tops.theyv shameful roots really.
    they were founded by students of bells academy (a british military school). they were staunchly amateur up til 1969. an all-amateur ethos in dublin of the 1890s-1950s (or longer) is a blatant attempt to keep the club for the ruling upper classes (those who had professional careers and could afford to play for an irish league club for free) - ie the occupying british and their cronies
    also they got their colors from trinity college ,another unionist protestant british institution

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto eile
    well bohezzs history isnt exactly something to shout from the roof tops.theyv shameful roots really.
    they were founded by students of bells academy (a british military school). they were staunchly amateur up til 1969. an all-amateur ethos in dublin of the 1890s-1950s (or longer) is a blatant attempt to keep the club for the ruling upper classes (those who had professional careers and could afford to play for an irish league club for free) - ie the occupying british and their cronies
    also they got their colors from trinity college ,another unionist protestant british institution
    Yes except for one slight omission, when they left bells academy the founding fathers also darkened the corridors of Trinity College themselves. Otherwise an excellent account of the origins of the species ... Trinity.. SH1te!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only a Longord fan would have the brutal audacity to stick up for George Hamilton and that motley crew at RTE....sure they show youse in the Cup!

You claim to love the EL yet can't comprehend the fact that the National TV station funded by you (yes, not me as I'm a dirty nordie!) fails to cover the National League 'til such times suit. Would BBC/RTL/Canal+ get away with doing the same ? Probably if people as lethargic as you Mr.P.M lived on the continent!!
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EireBadBoy
    Only a Longord fan would have the brutal audacity to stick up for George Hamilton and that motley crew at RTE....sure they show youse in the Cup!
    eh it was a Longford fan that stated how bad he is in the first palce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast