Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    The "article" or the fight? The ref didn't drag him around, he reacted quite quickly and well, the towel in mouth was not fully advised but a quick reaction. The organisation is a bit dodgy (oplot), but most are in eastern europe. Usually meat heads with size issues (Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia are overrun by them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Do you think there are any roid users on foot.ie spuds?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Do you think there are any roid users on foot.ie spuds?
    I'd say there are a few using Prep-H :-)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    "I have not taken any performance enhancing drugs."
    He lies so much he could work for the Obama administration.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    This woman Ronda is fighting sat night is scary looking. Supposedly she is going to give Rousey a run for her money. Cat Zingano. She looks kind of old. Husband killed himself last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I'd like to think most of it is staged bravado as I used to find him charming and witty, but McGregor's grown beyond insufferable since the fame went to his head. I can't find the exact point at which he said it in the press conference in Brazil, but I'm pretty sure I recall him talking about doing to Aldo something akin to what the European man did to South America during the era of conquest and colonisation. It definitely carried those connotations anyway. I cringed. How crass, insulting and, for a supposedly-proud Irishman, seriously lacking in any sense of self-awareness. It was little more than overt racism. Is that how UFC wishes to promote itself?

The press conference at the Convention Centre was similarly embarrassing for both McGregor's bandwagon and the sport.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    But don't you see McGregor fights for "truckloads of money" and we should be proud of him.

Might buy some class on the next truckload.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I hope to fcuk he gets hammered into the floor in the first round. He's a bloody embarrassment.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts
    The press conference was very cringeworthy alright. I think McGregor is straining to keep this character going but it's really not working on Aldo. Brandao, Poirier and Siver all got taken in by the bravado but Aldo isn't showing a glimmer of worry or fear, despite McGregor's declarations to the contrary and I think it's really getting to McGregor. He's realising that Aldo won't freeze up and mentally buckle so it's going to be a true test of his actual fighting skills, which he almost seems to have forgotten about recently. The lack of respect for Aldo from the Dublin crowd was ridiculous, people who were given the chance to ask questions from the audience were just throwing around crass, childish insults and singing ole looked like complete morons. I hope that's not a reflection of the Irish crowd travelling to Vegas for the fight. Despite all the crap though it should still be a super fight and with Robbie Lawler and Rory McDonald on the card too and all of the other international fight week events the Vegas trip should be worth it.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    The press conference was very cringeworthy alright. I think McGregor is straining to keep this character going but it's really not working on Aldo. Brandao, Poirier and Siver all got taken in by the bravado but Aldo isn't showing a glimmer of worry or fear, despite McGregor's declarations to the contrary and I think it's really getting to McGregor. He's realising that Aldo won't freeze up and mentally buckle so it's going to be a true test of his actual fighting skills, which he almost seems to have forgotten about recently. The lack of respect for Aldo from the Dublin crowd was ridiculous, people who were given the chance to ask questions from the audience were just throwing around crass, childish insults and singing ole looked like complete morons. I hope that's not a reflection of the Irish crowd travelling to Vegas for the fight. Despite all the crap though it should still be a super fight and with Robbie Lawler and Rory McDonald on the card too and all of the other international fight week events the Vegas trip should be worth it.
    McGregor looks the more agitated of the two and very needy to prove a point.

Video of the Dublin press conference here:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Guys Its UFC. There is no class. That's the point. To get prisoners to cooperate in this country they let them watch UFC. Seriously.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I'd like to think most of it is staged bravado as I used to find him charming and witty, but McGregor's grown beyond insufferable since the fame went to his head. I can't find the exact point at which he said it in the press conference in Brazil, but I'm pretty sure I recall him talking about doing to Aldo something akin to what the European man did to South America during the era of conquest and colonisation. It definitely carried those connotations anyway. I cringed. How crass, insulting and, for a supposedly-proud Irishman, seriously lacking in any sense of self-awareness. It was little more than overt racism. Is that how UFC wishes to promote itself?

The press conference at the Convention Centre was similarly embarrassing for both McGregor's bandwagon and the sport.
    I don't think he's grown beyond insufferable. If anything, he's toned it down a bit, but his fanbase is growing. He's the latest bandwagon, Irish people love bandwagons, and he's doing well for himself and making a lot of money for a pretty obscure sport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    So Walmart won't stock Ronda's book bc she is "too violent." LMFAO. This from the world's leading seller of guns and ammo. Morons.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Profile of CM in Esquire as he continues his climb Up the pseudo celebrity ladder.
    http://www.esquire.com/sports/interv...nterview-0515/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/...ports-history/

Dare anyone to watch this and not feel physically sick.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Prop bets and trash talk ahead of the match

http://www.ibtimes.com/conor-mcgrego...t-bout-2003387

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Amazing attendance at the weigh ins. I know it's free in but it just shows the hype McGregor has built up.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Embarrassing interview with some young one on RTE radio who has something to do with CM. I admire that someone can become famous competing in something that really is inconsequential, no matter how much they try to big it up. I don't see it as a sport and if my son or daughter had a choice between punching someone in the head when they're lying on the ground, or lining out for Meath, I'd be shouting Up The Royals.

This is the perfect pastime for the playstation generation, it matches up with the meaningless franchise movies that need blood, gore and "action" without much thinking behind it. McGregor is no Barry McGuigan, but he wouldn't want to be. And fair play.

At a time when there are protests on the streets against water charges and constant reminders of our corrupt government, now Joan Burton's comments on iphones seems less crass. How many of those in Las Vegas on the bandwagon or sitting up late tonight paying for the privilege of watching WWE with blood were protesting water charges.
    http://www.championat.com/bets/artic...r-week-16.html

Giving the Russians a weekly taste of our glorious LOI!

23. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    ... punching someone in the head when they're lying on the ground, or lining out for Meath...
    Isn't that much the same thing?
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

25. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast