Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: CorkCityFC.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

CorkCityFC.ie

If there's one thing I hate it's lies and deceit, so any chance of someone posting this on my behalf on The Conspiracy Thread on CorkCityFC.ie please? Pretty sure it'll be deleted if I post it, as at least one of the webmasters there has done in the past (on the old site).
    • Yes, registration is disabled, because of users with multiple accounts used only for abuse.
    • Yes, I called several users in a thread "retards", because they flagrantly broke the rules.
    • Yes, in some cases they were respected, which is why I broke my own rule: They know better.
    • It was like slapping a handy compared to the behaviour of some of the people posting in this very thread.
    • Yes, we discuss abusive users in the mods forum in less than appreciative terms. Go figure.
    • Foot.ie isn't "quiet", which is precisely why I had to lock it down. I have a job.
    • Gary's accusers haven't provided a scrap of evidence. If they do, I'll look into it.
    • What would you be calling me if I banned any of you without evidence?
    • Xtreme Rebel was banned for abuse of my resources, and was given a crystal clear warning.
    • TheCorner was suspended for one day, not banned.
    • The suspension was extended by a day when he started a new account in breach of the rules.
    • Separation of club forums was driven by the users, not the admins.
    • What kind of a dopey handle is "Légende - Dix"?
    • Guerzy was banned for continued trolling. He was warned several times.
    • UCC is blocked because of abusive users, some of whom are posting in this thread.
    • The needs of hundreds of users around the country outweigh those of a dozen or two in UCC.
    • The ban will be lifted when the abusers are dealt with. It's called self-policing.
    • The abuse was not reported to the computer center. Talk about chinese whispers.
    • Public viewing will be reopened in an hour or so.
    • Registrations will be re-enabled at the same time, but they will be moderated.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 18/11/2004 at 10:04 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.....

dahamsta,

First of all I cant post on that site as Im not registered on it and I have no intention to do so. I wouldnt even bother to try and put your point of view across on that site. Why Bother?

You have your own policy on this site thats all you need. JWs old site became an unregulated mess in the end, with such childish behaviour that I havent seen since i was in primary school.

You dont need this site to go down that road. It would be an awful shame if you decided to close down the site as its really the only resource where Eircom league fans can discuss online subjects that relate not only to their own club but to all matters relating to Irish football.

Dont let some juvenile ejits destroy it.

Eoin

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    dahamsta,

You dont need this site to go down that road. It would be an awful shame if you decided to close down the site as its really the only resource where Eircom league fans can discuss online subjects that relate not only to their own club but to all matters relating to Irish football.
    Agree 100%. This is a great site, and there always used to be a great atmosphere of banter and rivalry on here until the 'scandals' started. Well done Adam for all your work so far.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jofyisgod
    Agree 100%. This is a great site, and there always used to be a great atmosphere of banter and rivalry on here until the 'scandals' started. Well done Adam for all your work so far.
    Posted ma thanks to Adam a wee while back... ...still a good atmosphere on here; seems the 'scandles' havn't ruined it.......good debate about Celtic the other week.....I know that get's very heated and can be a headache but let's admit it-we all love putting our views in on that issue and love having a pop at the other side
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    dahamsta,

First of all I cant post on that site as Im not registered on it and I have no intention to do so. I wouldnt even bother to try and put your point of view across on that site. Why Bother?

Eoin
    just some questions why would you have no intention of posting on the official site and why would you not even bother to put your point across on "that site"
    your coming across like your putting down the people that post on it
    any way i posted adams reply on it
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I posted on the site the webmasters of CorkCityFC.ie previously developed in the past and had my comments deleted. That's why.

adam

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    [*]Guerzy was banned for continued trolling. He was warned several times.

why wasnt i

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I posted on the site the webmasters of CorkCityFC.ie previously developed in the past and had my comments deleted. That's why.

adam
    i know why you are reluctant to post on it adam but why eoinh?

there have been people defending you adam on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    i know why you are reluctant to post on it adam but why eoinh?
    Oops, I saw my handle in your post and thought you were quoting me.

there have been people defending you adam on it
    Which I very much appreciate.

What I'm trying to get across to people is that I've been dictatorial for the past week or so for a reason: Foot.ie is growing very rapidly and with that growth there has been a resurgence of abuse on the site, which we've never tolerated here. If anything, providing a resource without the abuse of more open message boards was the entire point of Foot.ie, and the users here have come to appreciate it (imho).

With that in mind, I would hate to see people leave for the wrong reasons. Like believing that I reported abuse to the UCC system administrators, for example, which has always been a last resort of mine and simply didn't happen on this occasion. If anything, I've gone out of my way to accomodate UCC users in the past, on one occasion moving the entire site to another server so users in there could get past the firewall.

That being said, it is something I will resort to if the abuse reoccurs when this particular issue is solved, and it isn't handled by UCC users promptly; because if the users can't police themselves, someone will have to do it. Unfortunately though, that would be permanent. So it's in UCC user's best interest to deal with the person or persons responsible asap.

Same goes for the bans. Posting with the sole intention of trolling, no matter how subtle, is disruptive to the site and has to be tackled. Every single person that's been banned from Foot.ie has been banned for a reason, not just because they ticked me off. In most trolling cases, I've been receiving complaints for weeks and months about these users and they've been given plenty of leeway and warnings.

The suddens ones, well, that's different. That's about respect. To quote Cartman: "You will respect my authority." And the moderators too.

adam

thecorner
    In most trolling cases, I've been receiving complaints for weeks and months about these users and they've been given plenty of leeway and warnings.

i dont mean to cause an arguement here but most of my posts are valid posts

as for the trolling issue, i wasnt giving one warning about it

dunno,maybe u were just having a bad day

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i wonder if there were apoligise all round from all concerend e.g people that were banned people who had a go off each other and who were not banned etc would it make things any better in your eyes adam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    i dont mean to cause an arguement here...
    I'd prefer people to state their case because it minimises the grudges that seem to appear here out of nowhere, but only as long as the discussion is logical, directly related to the issue, and not just "but, but, but" or "you're a l@nger", like some people come out with. The only exception to this is when I specifically tell someone not to argue, which usually happens when I can see the discussion going down that route. This is what happened with xtreme rebel, for example: I told him not to argue, he argued, he got banned.

There has to be limits to how long I can spend going around in circles with people for one very simple reason: I have a business to run, which earns me money, which pays for my servers, which enables Foot.ie to keep going. The limit is undefinable and I'm unaccountable for my actions[1], but that's what happens in what's effectively a dictatorship. My time is limited and if people waste too much of it, I'm going to react. It's just survival, I very rarely bear serious grudges.

most of my posts are valid posts
    I don't disagree. However you were suspended for this thread in particular, which was blatant trolling. Yes, I could have just ticked you off; and yes, I was effectively making an example of you; but by the same token I could argue that you've been around long enough to know better, and that the suspension was for just a single day. Same goes for the second suspension: Again, it was only for a day, and it was for blatant rulebreaking. If you're suspended, you're suspended, period. If you really needed to appeal the decision, you should have emailed me.

as for the trolling issue, i wasnt giving one warning about it
    You've been here two years thecorner, you know very well that trolling ain't allowed. You shouldn't need a warning, you just shouldn't do it.

dunno,maybe u were just having a bad day
    Not bad, just busy. When I'm busy I don't have a lot of patience, especially for old hands like yourself that should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by exile
    i wonder if there were apoligise all round from all concerend e.g people that were banned people who had a go off each other and who were not banned etc would it make things any better in your eyes adam?
    The site is better off without the people that have been banned imho. They have no respect for authority, so it's almost guaranteed to happen again. I'm not looking for apologies, I'm looking for people to give Foot.ie the respect it deserves. All they've demonstrated to me is a selfish desire to use my resources with no thought for the other users on the site, and abuse those resources when they're taken up on it.

Thing that annoys me most is that although we get these outbreaks every once in a while on Foot.ie, it's been a good while since it happened. It's a pity some people can't see beyond themselves, it's a shame that others tolerate it, and to be perfectly frank it's an embarassment that others think it's funny when they quite literally take money out of my pocket by wasting my time.

adam

[size=1][1]Strictly speaking this isn't true, because if everyone truly believed I didn't have the best interest of the site in mind, there'd be no bugger here. Which is a form of accountability, because I want to see the site continue to grow.[/size]
    Last edited by dahamsta; 19/11/2004 at 2:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Adam, I realised that you ran the site but being more or less clueless about IT, I hadn't realised any of the points you made about i.e. paying for the server and basically that the site costs you money.

Respect.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry to be ignorant, but whats trolling?

Im sure that people (like me) dont say this v often (usually when you get pi$$ed I suppose) but I recon that this is about one of the best sites on the net and you obviously put a lot of time, money and effort in to it. Well done.

Im not sure if you should be so worried about whats happening on the ccfc site though, I think that foot.ie has grown from having a predominantly Cork membership to a national one now, something like that will never happen for a club forum and is what makes this one great.

Thanks again for all your work.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i don't know what it is either, i got accused of it a while ago and haven't a clue what it is.....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    Sorry to be ignorant, but whats trolling?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

The least acceptable type of trolling on Foot.ie is when people go into other club forums to slag them off over a lost game or suchlike. As I've said before on Foot.ie, it's very much akin to an away supporter going into a local pub after a match and doing the same thing. Only in the pub, the away fan would probably get the crud beaten out of them.

adam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this will really open a can of worms

some mystery user has posted this in corkcityfc.ie its pretty heavy stuff stuff in my opinion
    conspiracy thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor74

This whole board infighting thing seems to have gone over my head.
    Same here. Once gaian, 'Well Done' Adam. Foot.ie is a great site, and being an exile, i value it even more than most. Sincere thanks.
    Last edited by jofyisgod; 19/11/2004 at 7:45 PM. Reason: My poor spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    The newly created 1-day suspension usergroup had access to the mods forum in error this week, but only one user has been banned for a day, and since they told a mod about it and just yesterday PM'd to tell me they understood my reasoning for the suspension, I doubt they're responsible. If it's not them I guess it's a mod, but either way you'd want to be pretty bitter about something to go to those length to "out" me for stuff that's frankly pretty tame. I've called people a lot worse in the mods forum, and I have no problem with hurting someone that steals from me.

Anyway, I've had enough of this garbage and better things to do with my time. I'll leave the continued conspiracies to the tinfoil hatters on that thread on ccfc.ie. Enjoy, and oogly boogly to you all, my apron-clad friends.

adam[size=1] /rolls up a trouser leg[/size]
    Last edited by dahamsta; 19/11/2004 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Thanks for the compliments by the way lads. It's not what this is about, but they're appreciated nonetheless.

adam