Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rugby 2015

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/115761

Is this normal behavior from the governing body?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Can't agree with this, you play your best players in the hardest games, and you can't legislate for injuries, or something like O'Brien's citing. If you did, then you'd never play anyone.
    We beat France in February 18-11, but didn't score a try, and the assumption was they would improve for the World Cup. Everyone overestimated the abilities of the French in the tournament, not just Schmidt. I know everyone's an expert after the event, but we probably would still have beaten them with the second choice players starting in key positions.
    I can't remember which Irish player was being interviewed after the French game but he was asked whether this was the greatest night of his life? Why? We had already qualified for the quarter finals and to put a huge effort in to the French game and risk our limited number of top players was foolish and it is not a matter of being wise after the event. I said it before the game. Numerous former players have since said that the French game took a huge amount out of the players.

I also think it is bizarre that the Rugby Authorities should come out and attack the referee's decision in the Scottish game. Talk about undermining officials in the few sports where the referees are respected. It was also interesting that after that game, all 3 TV3 Panelists thought that it was the correct decision. Who'd be a referee.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Well, pretty much the final that most people predicted. No sure who I hope wins. The Aussie can be a very arrogant lot while it's the Kiwis national sport. Probably go for the All Blacks since it means so much to them as a nation although I do like the Australian style of play.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    3rd Australia v New Zealand World Final in Little over a year. Australia looking to make it 3-0 with wins in the RL Final 34-2 and the Cricket 186/3 v 186.

In other news I see Japan have announced start / finishing dates for the 2019 Rugby World Cup, must start saving!

Organizers have penciled Ireland in for a Quarter Final exit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Well, pretty much the final that most people predicted. No sure who I hope wins. The Aussie can be a very arrogant lot while it's the Kiwis national sport. Probably go for the All Blacks since it means so much to them as a nation although I do like the Australian style of play.
    I despise the All Blacks. And I hope that Australia hop off them. Delighted Australia got to the final as they are the only team who can overcome the bias towards the ABs. There's no disputing their obvious talent and skill but to watch Richie McCaw end on a low like that will warm my heart greatly.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345