Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby 2015

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Leinster win the pool, happy to see Wasps go out if this is the case. Really surprised that the wasps 6 only got yellow after Pienaars red for Ulster last year. The Ulsterman showed no malicious intent and tried to pull out, Johnson for wasps went to do Dave Kearney, and did it!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Leinster win the pool, happy to see Wasps go out if this is the case. Really surprised that the wasps 6 only got yellow after Pienaars red for Ulster last year. The Ulsterman showed no malicious intent and tried to pull out, Johnson for wasps went to do Dave Kearney, and did it!
    Payne. Yeah, the Wasps player should have been red. The Payne red and subsequent suspension set down the marker that taking a player out in the air like that, intentionally or not, was a red card offence. The referee bottled it. Funnily enough, it was the same ref. Maybe he had deja vu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Leinster will be out after the quarter final - they not good enough!

Connacht wont make the quarter final - set pieces ruining they chances in France ..... again~!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post

Connacht wont make the quarter final - set pieces ruining they chances in France ..... again~!
    I take that back - two tries in last 6 mins and we are into the quarter finals - Bravo Connacht!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post

Can see Leinster getting by Bath with home advantage, but no way they'll progress beyond the semi final
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Can see Leinster getting by Bath with home advantage, but no way they'll progress beyond the semi final
    Yes i agree with that for sure.

Ireland Wolfhounds are very strong for tonights game

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Terrible game last night. Made the mistake by sitting in to watch it. Marmion was a bit off the boil and they looked like players who had just met. Didn't see why all the hype over Waldrom, but Kvesic had a decent game. Sean O'Brien did his bit, Ian Madigan showed his kicking boots are back, but a sad loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Terrible game last night. Made the mistake by sitting in to watch it. Marmion was a bit off the boil and they looked like players who had just met. Didn't see why all the hype over Waldrom, but Kvesic had a decent game. Sean O'Brien did his bit, Ian Madigan showed his kicking boots are back, but a sad loss.
    Agreed - very poor game

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Some start in Cardiff. 10-5 after 20 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    But England deserved the win - Only 3 teams can win the slam now! ..... Ireland v France the big game next weekend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Ireland v England is huge in 2 weeks!

Connacht season is slowly slipping away now and Leinster are on a slipping slope as well but they will get 5pts next week! ... Its awful to see Connacht play the way they did today - brutal stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Wales and Scotland pretty much cancelled each other out in Murrayfield. Scotland have improved since last season, but are still short of the quality required to beat the better sides in the Six Nations. I fully expect them to beat Italy, but that's it. England fared pretty much the same as ourselves against Italy - struggled to break down a stubborn defence in the first half, but eventually ran out clear winners
    France have regressed since the last world cup, and they really only have themselves to blame. With their bigger club sides having the pick of worldwide talent, their success has come at the expense of the national side. Having said that, they still cause Ireland problems with their physicality, and it'll be more of the same from England in two weeks. Another blow to the head for Sexton is worrying and I doubt he can see out of his left eye today, but he'll still start against England, barring an injury next week in France. Was surprised Madigan was given the nod ahead of Keatley as the replacement kicker, after a decent performance from Keatley against Italy. I'm genuinely worried about the lack of creativity in the Irish backline, no tries scored against France despite spending quite an amount of time on their 22 in the first half. One thing I noticed from last year's Six Nations was the lack of scoring in the second half of games from the Irish side, and it was the same against France, only two penalties in the second 40. Payne and Henshaw may well be the new Driscoll and D'Arcy, but they didn't look like breaking through the French defence. Both wingers were passengers, Zebo did nothing until the last minute when he bundled the French player into touch,
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 15/02/2015 at 11:20 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    I'd agree about the lack of creativity, but the main thing in Rome was to win and not take unnecessary risks. I think the French came here to be a bit negative if I am honest. They were really up on the gain line - too much most of the time I thought. They went to stifle us completely and with the beef that they have in the back-line then it becomes difficult to break down - we only created 1 clear opportunity and if we had taken that it would have been a more comfortable victory. I expect a similar type of game against England but I would expect us to have more opportunities to score tries against Wales and Scotland. Maybe England may not be as difficult ? I thought England got a few soft scores against Wales and gave up 3 poor tries against Italy. It will interesting to see how good they really are. Wales / France will be interesting also on Saturday week. If Wales could get back to more of the offloading type game they are so good at - they may have enough for the French.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Madigan got the nod over Keatley as he also covers centre I think. Uninspired stuff from Ireland so far, but then we haven't much needed much. But we should get better as we've players returning and getting back up to speed.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    A window of opportunity has open for Connacht! ... Can they win away tomorrow in Wales and get 6th spot back for themselves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Bravo Connacht ..... back up to 6th and now 7 games to go!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    6 games to go and Connacht have a great chance now! ...... but its going to be tight. The Cardiff game is huge on Friday night!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Love that you bumped this thread and not a mention of a certain match at Lansdowne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    I'm just putting this out there: Schmidt is turning Ireland into England under Woodward, with Sexton in the Wilkinson role.
    Discuss.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I'm just putting this out there: Schmidt is turning Ireland into England under Woodward, with Sexton in the Wilkinson role.
    Discuss.
    Or into New Zealand with Sexy Jonny in the Dan Carter role! We get a lead and then sit back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast