Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Poland - Sunday, 29th March 2015 - Euro 2016 Qualifier

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    With it being on a Sunday, this Poland match is one that I could actually attend but looked at the sites it seems you have to buy tickets as part of the bigger England and Scotland package. Some other sites seem to be offering a ticket for the Poland game only at 80 Euro which is extortionate and I won't be paying.
    Kind of bummed about it all but I won't pay daft money for a single game.
    I wouldn't worry there will be plenty of tickets available and you won't have to pay a cent over face value.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I wouldn't worry there will be plenty of tickets available and you won't have to pay a cent over face value.
    41,000 already sold its been reported. id say they will all be gone by the weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Really? Pretty surprised at that. If they win the demand for the Scotland game could be a bit worrying so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Really? Pretty surprised at that. If they win the demand for the Scotland game could be a bit worrying so?
    well that's what the FAI have said in their press release. i don't think its that much of a surprise really. id say 10,000 are in the hands of poles already and add that to our usual 35,000 + that attends most of our big qualifiers. would be shocked if its not a sell-out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    41,000 already sold its been reported. id say they will all be gone by the weekend
    As Brian Kerr would say.....the FAI must be counting all tickets sold twice!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    well that's what the FAI have said in their press release. i don't think its that much of a surprise really. id say 10,000 are in the hands of poles already and add that to our usual 35,000 + that attends most of our big qualifiers. would be shocked if its not a sell-out
    Kind of regretting not getting the hat-trick deal now. I left it off as I have a wedding the Friday before the England game and I'm not sure what kind of a roll over is in the pipeline!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    As Brian Kerr would say.....the FAI must be counting all tickets sold twice!
    can expect 100,000 if thats the case.

43,000 at the friendly v poland 2 years ago and over 45,000 at similar important qualifiers v germany, russia, sweden and austria. will easily sell-out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    There are only Premium Level seats available at the moment, for €120 a pop. It's either a crafty attempt to shift those to people who are worried about missing out completely or they are actually the last bunch left.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    No harm packaging 3 at a decent price anyone without a young family should be well able afford it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Voting Tory in May, Paul? You're out of touch!

Actually, I cant argue with the logic or the morality of what the FAI is doing. I hope it's a success. A thumping at home to Poland would drastically reduce the value of the remaining games.

I really hope people are complaining later in the campaign that they cant get tickets and that the FAI are a disgrace, as per usual.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    can expect 100,000 if thats the case.

43,000 at the friendly v poland 2 years ago and over 45,000 at similar important qualifiers v germany, russia, sweden and austria. will easily sell-out
    Putting it all aside anyone who wants a ticket will get one!
    Lets talk about six baby

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    I wonder have the FAI sold all the ST holders tickets again like they've done the last two times and completely fail to notify anyone about it?

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Actually, I cant argue with the logic or the morality of what the FAI is doing. I hope it's a success. A thumping at home to Poland would drastically reduce the value of the remaining games
    The hat-trick package was a good offer in fairness. All three games will be worthwhile in their own right, regardless of results.... in fact, the England game isn't even result dependent. All three games are also on weekends which make them more attractive again to those based outside of Dublin.

It's a bit of a joke though that there are only Premium Level tickets available for general sale, if the others haven't completely sold out, season ticket holders, etc excluded obviously. Maybe they have sold out though. It's is also a joke that a seat behind the goals can even be considered 'premium' and priced the same as one on the halfway line, though the FAI are not the only ones to price tickets this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    ST holders were notified ages ago that they would have the option to buy tickets for the Poland game during the presale last week. I think this could have been extended to people who have recently bought a ticket through Ticketmaster for an Ireland game. They also advertised for applications for tickets through Loi clubs since before xmas. I know we had something up on our website a few times telling people that tickets were available and to contact someone from the club. All to try and ensure that we have as many Irish fans in the stadium as possible come the 29th March and not a repeat of the last time Poland were in town. The Fai get a lot of stick but as far as I can see this seems to be the one thing they have done right in a long time.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Voting Tory in May, Paul? You're out of touch!

Actually, I cant argue with the logic or the morality of what the FAI is doing. I hope it's a success. A thumping at home to Poland would drastically reduce the value of the remaining games.

I really hope people are complaining later in the campaign that they cant get tickets and that the FAI are a disgrace, as per usual.
    I have not voted since I've been here.

I agree hopefully they will and blaming someone else for their problems like little old Ireland loves to do.

Btw this chelsea fans issue in paris is causing a real stir over here. I had a great laugh to myself thinking about all those on here ridiculing other posters when they say they witnessed or a friend witnessed an incident or incidents, that it hasn't happened unless some video/recording evidence of some sort. The fella who did it probably put himself in danger taking that video, but had he said he had seen it people on here and on other forums would probably have belittled and discredited the poster. The one thing that I like about over here is the clubs and individual fan groups don't say these aren't our fans like clubs at home do or individuals on forums they accept it and try and do something about it. Sadly I think as much they try and do something about it, society as a whole needs to change, they are people outside of the clubs regardless.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 19/02/2015 at 12:23 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Btw this chelsea fans issue in paris is causing a real stir over here. I had a great laugh to myself thinking about all those on here ridiculing other posters when they say they witnessed or a friend witnessed an incident or incidents, that it hasn't happened unless some video/recording evidence of some sort. The fella who did it probably put himself in danger taking that video, but had he said he had seen it people on here and on other forums would probably have belittled and discredited the poster. The one thing that I like about over here is the clubs and individual fan groups don't say these aren't our fans like clubs at home do or individuals on forums they accept it and try and do something about it. Sadly I think as much they try and do something about it, society as a whole needs to change, they are people outside of the clubs regardless.
    It really is causing a stir, but I've seen plenty of mainstream articles and commentary (from Sky to the Independent to the PFA to other Chelsea supporters) refer to the idiots as "so-called supporters". See here: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...+supporters%22

Overt and very public displays of racism like that are thankfully rarer nowadays, which is probably why it's causing such a stir (combined with the fact it was a group of individuals "representing", or shaming even, Britain/England abroad). For that reason, it will always naturally surprise people when they hear of something like this happening in public. It's only natural that you'd seek at least some sort of verification or evidence of surprising claims before automatically believing them.

I don't know why I would even begin to think this, but you wouldn't at all be trying to get a general dig in by referring specifically to posters here having questioned the veracity of a claim encountered on reddit that Mark Noble once shouted "take that you fenian b*stards" after scoring in an under-age game between Ireland and England in Cork, would you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Another prominent figure - Chris Ramsey, the Premier League's only black manager - declares, "I don't believe these people are fans of football", and the BBC make it their headline ("Racist Chelsea supporters in Paris are 'not fans of football'"): http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31535021

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Ramsey also, rightly I believe, said that it's not a football specific problem, it's a societal problem but that football is so pervasive it reflects society's problems. But that said, football should use this incident and the attention it's getting to continue to ram home the fact that this is unacceptable, not to mention illegal, behaviour. Ramsey was more articulate on this issue than I thought he was answering questions on his job!

Football is making big progress in tackling issues surrounding race, gender equality, sexual orientation tolerance etc., just as broader society is generally more enlightened than a decade ago. I hope this progress continues.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    There are only Premium Level seats available at the moment, for €120 a pop. It's either a crafty attempt to shift those to people who are worried about missing out completely or they are actually the last bunch left.
    Great seats in the Premium Level, well worth it.
    Even better when there compos with lounge passes!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Do you think Brady is in with a shot of starting at left back against Poland instead of Ward? What's Ward's club form like?

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast