Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drogs in turmoil Rico gone

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    If Rico wants to rent a place surely it's up to him to allocate the money from his budget. Asking for it separately is the same as asking for an increased budget, so saying he was willing to work within it is simply nonsense.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The reason he wanted to stay in town was so he could work with the younger players at one stage in the day when they were finished college, in the hopes that additional coaching would improve them quicker.
    He had decided in order to stretch the budget to have a 16 man squad of senior players with five under 19s to supplement it.
    Word is with what he was on if he did pay the rent himself and fed himself he'd be broke at the end of the month.
    Whether or not it's the norm it seems the club were paying his rent until October, he was staying in a house belonging to either the current or former kit man, who is now owed two months rent.
    Personally seeing as I don't think the board, such as it is, will go for Roddy, I'd like to see Cooke return.
    Crolly couldn't succeed on a much bigger budget at Rovers.
    There is,of course one other scenario.
    In order to manage in the Premier division you only have to get a place on the pro licence course, so surely there's bound to be one somewhere Darius can get on.
    I am hearing other clubs are already interested in taking him as coach, and if he goes there will genuinely be uproar from the fans
    Last edited by KeepersBall; 14/11/2014 at 9:51 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    You read it on our forum, which you appear to live on.

It's no big secret - at this moment in time we're short a director who also needs to act as chairman. Nobody wants to volunteer to take the role - not one of the 9 board members or a white knight from outside the club (unless they're working very quietly in the background....) We need a chair - that's the crisis
    One of the directors <SNIP> did want to be chairman, but was shafted in a vote for the job three weeks back and resigned.
    Since that we have had two chairmen who lasted a total of five days or so between them.
    There would probably be a sack the board campaign if we had one to sack.
    Last edited by Mr A; 15/11/2014 at 10:15 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keepersball View Post
    one of the directors, <snip> did want to be chairman, but was shafted in a vote for the job three weeks back and resigned.
    Since that we have had two chairmen who lasted a total of five days or so between them.
    There would probably be a sack the board campaign if we had one to sack.
    <snip>
    Last edited by Mr A; 15/11/2014 at 10:15 AM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Not to be a backseat mod but some of these comments about people who aren't really public figures are sailing a bit close to the wind. Especially the most recent one.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Pretty sure Stephen Kenny still lives in Donegal while managing Dundalk. If he can make the trip up and down from there, surely Rico could manage the one hour trip up and down from Dublin?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Awful sad state of affairs in Drogheda. It really goes to show the stupidness of previous administration in disposing of Cooke in last year.

What is the ownership structure in Drogheda. Do the fans own the club or what?

Last year I did write to Santa after the Fai cup semi to make Dundalk go one step further in the league and make Drogheda suffer with their smugness. I had thought the Robbie Horgan appointment was that but old saint nick has taken it too far.
    Long Live King Kenny

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Amazed how people just forget what really happened with Cooke! But anyway....

This problem has been coming for years. Long before Mick Cooke. Basically about 1000 or so drogs love going to games but only about 10 of them are willing to give their free time to make it happen.

Every problem stems from that.

Apathy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMourinho View Post
    Basically about 1000 or so drogs love going to games but only about 10 of them are willing to give their free time to make it happen.
    So the same problems that every other club has to deal with then.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Hang on a minute. Richardson wanted extra money to rent a house in drawda? Does he not live in bloody bettystown. Literally five minutes drive outside drawda?!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Except some have now stepped down and there is no one willing to replace them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMourinho View Post
    Except some have now stepped down and there is no one willing to replace them.
    There are still 9 people on the board though. I'm not sure how big other clubs' boards are but I would have thought 9 would be more than enough to run a small club like ours.

Also, harsh on <SNIP>. The guy that was voted in his place wasn't exactly David Gill or Daniel Levy.

its nice that for once our problems aren't financial but I'd love just one off-season to see our name without the words 'crisis' or 'turmoil' beside it.
    Last edited by Mr A; 15/11/2014 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    <DONS MOD HAT>

Folks, if you're going to name directors etc on here please post sources. I don't know this situation well enough to always know what's a matter of public record or not so will lean towards caution in letting names be mentioned.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Agreed Mr A, and my source for the story about the director being shafted, has four legs a waggy tail and normally goes woof woof, but this time it growled.
    It was the dog on the street.
    As for <SNIP> being my source, the Drogs boardroom, it's going to be a telephone box for ext season, has more leaks than Irish Water.
    It would be easier for Mini Mourinho to figure out who didn't talk than who did.
    The club won't fold, because the people of the town like the idea of having a LOI club, if not the idea of actually going up and watching them.
    And I wonder did MM ever think that it was not a case of people not wishing to volunteer, but rather a case of them not wishing to volunteer to work alongside people they had little respect for.
    With previous administrations there was rarely a lack of volunteers.
    Either way we are where we are, and something needs to be done to steady the ship rapidly.
    Last edited by Mr A; 15/11/2014 at 1:21 PM. Reason: Removing name

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    There are still 9 people on the board though. I'm not sure how big other clubs' boards are but I would have thought 9 would be more than enough to run a small club like ours.

Also, harsh on <SNIP>. The guy that was voted in his place wasn't exactly David Gill or Daniel Levy.

its nice that for once our problems aren't financial but I'd love just one off-season to see our name without the words 'crisis' or 'turmoil' beside it.
    Sure nine is enough enough. But it's nine on the board of management who are also directors, turnstile operators, lotto organisers, chief pot washers etc etc. It's literally about 9 people running the ENTIRE club. I'm reliably informed that they have been asking for more volunteers for at least a year, but no one has stepped up. It's just gotten too much and so some stepped down. Unless people get involved there is no plan B.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    Agreed Mr A, and my source for the story about the director being shafted, has four legs a waggy tail and normally goes woof woof, but this time it growled.
    It was the dog on the street.
    As for <SNIP> being my source, the Drogs boardroom, it's going to be a telephone box for ext season, has more leaks than Irish Water.
    It would be easier for Mini Mourinho to figure out who didn't talk than who did.
    The club won't fold, because the people of the town like the idea of having a LOI club, if not the idea of actually going up and watching them.
    And I wonder did MM ever think that it was not a case of people not wishing to volunteer, but rather a case of them not wishing to volunteer to work alongside people they had little respect for.
    With previous administrations there was rarely a lack of volunteers.
    Either way we are where we are, and something needs to be done to steady the ship rapidly.
    The chairman's seat is empty. Put your money where your mouth is.
    Last edited by Mr A; 15/11/2014 at 5:52 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Word reaches me this morning that the board, or whoever, have been talking to John Gill.
    Ah well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    Word reaches me this morning that the board, or whoever, have been talking to John Gill.
    Ah well
    John deserves his chance to manage in the top division. I don't know why teams have overlooked him in the past. Dundalk treated him shabbily when he brought us up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Right, last warning- stop with the names unless you have a proper source. Infractions will follow if I have to get involved again.

Also, it's better if people report stuff than comment in thread. It's easy to miss stuff on here, I do occasionally do other stuff you know!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    If you believe anything a manager (or player) says about contract negotiations you must be new to the league.

Rico is a grade A spoofer, and I've no doubt this latest charade is another example
    This, this a million times this.

Rico proved himself a whore the time of the Man United farce.

His unsavoury damnation of Drogheda as a result of what is at its essence a purely fiduciary dispute is unfortunately quite typical of the type of bombastic chicanery one has come to expect from this quintessential, avaricious, nest featherer, his corpulent greed finding its equilibrium only in his base cadishness.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast