Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Chins Up Lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Chins Up Lads

Hard lines DC. I can say that now that the sh it Roddy is gone. I have to say that I didn't like the idea of bringing in players each week from England - but I am sure your manager at the time had a lot to do with that.

I am not happy to see you relegated. The club seems to be run well, with a good professional attitude. A lot better than the clubs of some of the posters wishing you ill.

DC and LC have had good games in previous seasons - and the fans (20 between us - but they care about their clubs) have had good relations. Looking forward to beating you next season.

Will you lads be going back to Whitehall - is that all up in the air?

It's a sh itty time when your club has had a bad season and nothing goes right. Other supporters revelling in it - when they actually win nothing themselves - doesn't help. The important thing is to keep battling on.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thanks for the kind comments. to be honest i'm looking forward to First division football. We weren't strong enough for the premier. Whitehall is not an option athe moment as they still don't have seats. While banter can be fun, some of the comments are a disgrace. Week in, week out, we support our team & were proud of that. if its 20 or 2000 , all soccer supporters should be applauded.

shankilwanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Thanks for the kind comments. to be honest i'm looking forward to First division football. We weren't strong enough for the premier. Whitehall is not an option athe moment as they still don't have seats. While banter can be fun, some of the comments are a disgrace. Week in, week out, we support our team & were proud of that. if its 20 or 2000 , all soccer supporters should be applauded.
    Well said all football fans that go to matches should be applauded. I know you dont have the biggest fan base, but it is bigger than other clubs such as Monaghan and possibly ucd , sure most of our fans come out for the big games, when we are doing well and when the weather is nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    My point exactly. If Dub City reach a certain standard of football which is better than a good few other teams and they get some people into the game then great. They are hardly stealing other Dublin club's fans. Perhaps they even offer an alternative to some of the scumbaggery of the others that keep people away.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Perhaps they even offer an alternative to some of the scumbaggery of the others that keep people away.
    they certainly don't. their chairman is one of the biggest scumbags in the league. good riddance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for the comments lads (bar Eanna obviously, wouldn't waste my breath on that chap) well thought through (a nice change) and well put.
    Looking forward to regrouping next year and hopefully winning a few matches again. Thanks for the support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    their chairman is one of the biggest scumbags in the league.
    Second to only Ollie Byrne.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think you'd have had a shot at staying up if you'd hung onto Gill. I remember first day of the season, you gave us a run for our money and were probably the stronger team in the first half that day, though we did run out 3-1 winners, but your football turned to rot under Roddy.

You scored more than the rest of the bottom half of the table (only just less than Waterford in 5th), but obviously letting 60 odd goals in was a disaster.

Shame Whitehall isn't an option.

In the end, coming up last year may have been a bad thing, an extra year doing well in the first might have leant to a bigger core support, it's hard to get new people in the gate when your losing the majority of your matches.

Still, fair play to those fans who stuck it out.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Agreed with that - seen as you pushed rovers so close you would've stayed up with Gill.

Went to alot of your matches and you were making progress with Gill - it was just starting to come together i thought - then roddy brought ye 2 steps back.

Imagine if Gill had've stayed rovers would be playing division 1 football next season

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    bar Eanna obviously, wouldn't waste my breath on that chap
    its nothing personal. I have the height of respect for fans of a club like yours, it takes a hell of a lot of committment to stick with a team thru a season like you lot have just had and fair play for it. just don't expect me to say anything complimentary about the club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    its nothing personal. I have the height of respect for fans of a club like yours, it takes a hell of a lot of committment to stick with a team thru a season like you lot have just had and fair play for it. just don't expect me to say anything complimentary about the club.
    We'll take that as a compliment. when you pick your team, your with them for life. Listened to "off the ball" last night & they had a piece at the end for Dublin City. Loads of Roddy( i have no conscience )Collins. "i have a formula for this, i'm with Dublin City till the end" blah , blah. I'm the only man in Ireland witha family Blah , blah.
    Gill resigned & there wasn't a lot of people willing to take on the job. In hindsight Roddy was a disaster. Can't help feeing we got rolled. waiting to see Rovers new team next year. Wouldn't put it past Roddy to shaft the players he's promised place's to though.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chins Up lads

Interesting article in the Mirror EL supplement today.
    Featured in the piece was an article on the Managerial merry-go-round in the Premier. Two main findings concerning Dublin City and Rovers.
    1/ Giller had the best record statistically viz a vis Collins in the League

2/ Bucko had a better record statistically viz a vis his appointed short term successor.

This was then compared to Dolan and Matthews' experiences at Cork City and Longford Town where both were being castigated by elements within their support during the year and the 2 boards hung on to their managers ad have been rewarded with 10 match unbeaten run to the brink of a possible title and an almost certain UEFA Cup spot, (as regards Dolan) or Two trophies (as regards Matthews) compare and contrast that Dublin City under Collins....down and Shamrock Rovers ( almost relegated).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    Looking forward to regrouping next year and hopefully winning a few matches again. Thanks for the support.
    Yes, with UCD bouncing back up to the premier level after one season at Div 1, and two others coming up with them, Dublin City should not spend too much time away from Premier level.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    Yes, with UCD bouncing back up to the premier level after one season at Div 1, and two others coming up with them, Dublin City should not spend too much time away from Premier level.
    May I remind you that we lasted 9 seasons last time we came up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We'll take that as a compliment. when you pick your team, your with them for life. Listened to "off the ball" last night & they had a piece at the end for Dublin City. Loads of Roddy( i have no conscience )Collins. "i have a formula for this, i'm with Dublin City till the end" blah , blah. I'm the only man in Ireland witha family Blah , blah.
    Gill resigned & there wasn't a lot of people willing to take on the job. In hindsight Roddy was a disaster. Can't help feeing we got rolled. waiting to see Rovers new team next year. Wouldn't put it past Roddy to shaft the players he's promised place's to though.
    Saw a lot of City's games the season they got promoted. Nice homely atmosphere and the half time cuppa was greatly appreciated. But it came a year too early. Sweats injury this season didn't help either.

John was on Newstalk 106 yesterday afternoon. Just caught the end of it on the car radio. But he had his say. An hilarious remark about Collins and mirrors. Theres no hindsight about Roddy been a disaster. Your Chairman was warned about him. Personally I think there was stuff going on behind the scenes that undermined Gillers position before he resigned. Collins is one of the most despicable people in football. I hope the full story comes out some day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE= Personally I think there was stuff going on behind the scenes that undermined Gillers position before he resigned. Collins is one of the most despicable people in football. I hope the full story comes out some day.[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Giller still comes to City Match's & has spoken highly of his time & the club, as for Collins , nothing but greed. There is no Big story.

piratemousey
    no way will home farm/fingal/contiuity-ira-whatever come up next season.
    no way.
    they were an imbarrisment to the premier div. and id say themselves and kilkenny will be battling around mid table banality next season.
    and they can take that mouse of a chairman with them