Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Is Duggan going back to Cork?Believe he's not too happy and more with him.Russell could be left scrounging again for players.Not good.Gaffney will def go.All other clubs signing and Limerick losing.Not good.Hopefully Pat and Russell have a few surprises up their sleeves.
    Last edited by faceoff; 23/11/2014 at 12:53 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Havent heard re:shane duggan going back to cork but i wouldnt be surprised if it did happen.as you mentioned most of the top teams are signing away and we havent really announced anything.dont know why everything has to be kept top secret or what is the problem.its all very shambolic at the minute.the club should be on a high with moving back to the markets field and try to make a few good signings?nobody seems to know whats going on.could it turn out to be a ucd style team with just students and young fellas?maybe martin russell isnt the right man for the job after all?just throwing those last few comments out there.what do you think?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Was rumoured Duggan might go back a few weeks ago but Cork have signed up nearly all their squad at this stage and I can't see them trying to get him out of a contract with us. In saying that if Duggan wasn't happy with us I'd leave him go. No point in having a player that doesn't want to play for us. It can upset the whole atmosphere in the team. I'd take it with a pinch of salt anyway.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Would agree with you in not holding onto people who dont want to play for the club.it is worrying though with the likes of barry ryan,lee lynch,kieran djillali and maybe shane or rory going?they are all experienced guys that the team cant afford to be losing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    People wan't top signings and they wan't it done straight away, you can't have both it takes time to get the better players to agree to come down here we would be done quickly if we were signing rubbish. The one thing I think the club have done wrong is not announce the people they have signed. But for once I have no complaints with how they are doing business they are trying to get good players and they are doing all they can to keep our better players.

Look at who has left so far Lee J nothing we can do if he is going to Scotland, Barry I have been told the same story 3 times now and if its true its his doing not ours and Djilali who we didn't want to keep. If Rory goes to Cambridge again there is absolutely nothing we can do about that either so bar maybe Barry as I don't know what the actual truth is then its not the clubs fault with any of them. In fact I have heard that one of our players had offers from 2 of the top 4 from last season and met another and we have managed to keep him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Most of the leagues top players are signed up now by the top teams and others are going across the water ,not much of a choice with what is left?nobody knows what went on with barry ryan?i would have kept onto him for another season as he still had a lot too offer.no good throwing a young keeper in as they will make too many mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    Most of the leagues top players are signed up now by the top teams and others are going across the water ,not much of a choice with what is left?nobody knows what went on with barry ryan?i would have kept onto him for another season as he still had a lot too offer.no good throwing a young keeper in as they will make too many mistakes.
    Exactly the top players go to the top teams we are not one of the top teams so we can't compete for the top players surely that is understood. There are loads of the better players that we could realistically get available.

From what I hear it was him that made the choice to go.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We probably cant compete moneywise but i dont see why the club cant be pushing for 4th spot in the league.limerick has one of the top junior leagues in the country so why not try and have a top loi side.whats the point in mid table mediocrity or worse fighting relegation every season.the club needs to be at the top end of the league for the markets field to be a success.not many will go turn up if the team isnt competitive and getting results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We probably cant compete moneywise but i dont see why the club cant be pushing for 4th spot in the league.limerick has one of the top junior leagues in the country so why not try and have a top loi side.whats the point in mid table mediocrity or worse fighting relegation every season.the club needs to be at the top end of the league for the markets field to be a success.not many will go turn up if the team isnt competitive and getting results.
    How do you know we won't have a squad to push for 4th? Obviously the aim is to have a top LOI team that is the aim for every single LOI team. We haven't been fighting relegation in any of the seasons we have been up its only our 3rd season. Everyone knows we need to be playing well for Markets Field to have good crowds but what do we do spend money we don't have and go bust to try and get a team to play well in there? We can't compete with the top teams you have said as much yourself so what are you expecting what do you think is gong to happen when it comes to the top players in the league?

Are you new to the league?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well at the minute we havent got a squad full stop.a few times in the past season we were near the bottom of the league for a while so you seem to have a short memory.if you read my post properly i said that we cant compete money wise with the big guys but why not compete on the pitch and make the markets field a fortress.i mighnt be an expert on the loi but i have been following the club since the 80's when alec ludzic was the keeper along with johnny walsh,tommy lynch,tommy gaynor etc.how long are you following the league?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Looks like rory gaffney is heading to cambridge utd from reading the limerick post this week.another big loss for the team if he goes.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya Gaffney gone to Cambridge United. Hope he does well over there.

http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/ne...d-2104577.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Have to say what an awful decision it was to bring season tickets out with not a single signing announced instead its just a list of our better players leaving.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Surprised Gaffney stayed at the club as long as he did to be honest. Great player, I hope it works out for him, and Limerick will certainly miss what he provided. Current squad list, or lack of it, is grim stuff.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    if you read my post properly i said that we cant compete money wise with the big guys but why not compete on the pitch and make the markets field a fortress.
    Have you ever stopped to consider that not being able to compete financially might hamper our competing on the pitch?

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    Have you ever stopped to consider that not being able to compete financially might hamper our competing on the pitch?
    What do you mean? Limerick have the biggest budget in the league on FIFA.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah but its trying to get the balance right.with what they have at the minute next season wont be much good.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You should be a comedian with your wise cracks and sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I would agree with you there.not exactly great news coming from the club at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Yeah but its trying to get the balance right.with what they have at the minute next season wont be much good.
    If ever there was one season we need a good squad would be next season, so far I don't see this happening, I think we'll end up panic buying and have to settle for a mediocre squad but hopefully I'm wrong

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast