Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Staff from Bruff been let go today apparently things are very bad. I asked the person I talked to would the club be there for the start of the season and was told "wouldn't bank on it" .

Please keep in mind now this is a rumours thread and I am just relaying what I was told in a conversations its not to be taken as fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I missed this you guys

Whats it been? Three? Four years?

Hope we end up in First Division, Cobh, Cabinteely, way better craic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    There's no way under the sun the club would have given Russell a budget clause in a contract.

I'd be interested to know if any clubs do it.

Way too many variables to be promising a fella anything.

As evidenced by the fact we haven't a pot to **** in all of a sudden.

You can be sure of one thing, if there was a budget clause Russell would have walked by now.

Can't see any of Pats money in Markets Field either, we would have heard about it by now.

As for seeing no value in a relegation season, that's fairly obvious but no mon no fun, as they say.

The squad as it is now will do an Athlone.
    I have missed it too lol.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Time will tell what the new season brings.five weeks to kick off.as is, it looks like the first division beckons in 2016.bringing in poor quality cast offs wont cut it,re-signing ex players that couldnt cut it before and a team of mostly under 19's.shane duggan and co must be scratching their heads?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just listened to mike aherne on 95fm and he said that some admin staff have been laid off by the club this week.he also said that only 50 or so season tickets sold so far?pat o sullivan is looking for help in running the club.you could see things werent going well with the club when they havent signed many top players.mike aherne thinks that theres a possibility of limerick not starting the league in march.its terrible to see this going on before the season starts and moving back to the markets field.limerick should be on a high.maybe its time for a cork city approach and let the supporters take a stake in the club and help out pat o sullivan?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Was listening to it as well it doesn't sound good at all possibility of pulling out of soccer altogether there is no more money from pat o sullivan between rent for markets field players wages the academy don't know how Limerick are suppose to sustain it impossible.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Doesnt look good at the minute.it was always going to be very hard for one man to keep things going.pat o sullivan has put a lot of his money into the club.it would be a pity to see the club go bust before the season starts.could a supporters group like the foras group that saved cork city help in saving the club?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I thought we were kind of led to believe that the academy looked after itself. Almost like a seperate entity?

I can understand the season tickets sales. Absolutely zero was done to entice people to buy them. Every other club has been signing up new players or at the very least re-signing last seasons ones. We have done very very little in that respect meaning no buzz there and nothig to entice you to buy. Did they think the Markets Field would make people want to run out and get them?

I know the Markets Field is just a shell at the moment but surely they could have had an open day for people to come up, go into the stand or across to the popular side and see where they might want to pick up a season ticket for.

If worst case scenario we have to pull out cause of lack of money, what happens the Markets Field? Who will rent it? The GAA have loads of good facilities around. Rugby has some nice little grounds, Thomond Park and now Munster also have a redeveloped Musgrave Park which is far superior to the Markets Field. Where will the LEDP get the income to pay back the loans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I thought we were kind of led to believe that the academy looked after itself. Almost like a seperate entity?

I can understand the season tickets sales. Absolutely zero was done to entice people to buy them. Every other club has been signing up new players or at the very least re-signing last seasons ones. We have done very very little in that respect meaning no buzz there and nothig to entice you to buy. Did they think the Markets Field would make people want to run out and get them?

I know the Markets Field is just a shell at the moment but surely they could have had an open day for people to come up, go into the stand or across to the popular side and see where they might want to pick up a season ticket for.

If worst case scenario we have to pull out cause of lack of money, what happens the Markets Field? Who will rent it? The GAA have loads of good facilities around. Rugby has some nice little grounds, Thomond Park and now Munster also have a redeveloped Musgrave Park which is far superior to the Markets Field. Where will the LEDP get the income to pay back the loans?
    Its baffling how junior clubs like Fairview,Pike,Janesboro all own their own facilities which with a few quid would get them a LOI license and yet the senior club in the city hasn't a pot to **** in.Bewildering.Limerick around just as long.They should own their own ground years ago.If junior clubs can do it why the hell couldn't they.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Over the years limerick hasnt had the same people running the club unlike the junior clubs who would have people that grew up with the club and their families and people from the community.how many different names has limerick had since it was founded and how many different chairman etc?too many people with self interest and not the long term of the club.pat o sullivan seems to be one of the only geniune guys who wants it too succeed.i dont think they should have ever left rathbane?the burning of the clubhouse years ago set it back a lot.even with the markets field it wont ever be the clubs.a lot of the junior clubs have a clubhouse which provides a place for members and the community to go.limerick dont have that anymore.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    Over the years limerick hasnt had the same people running the club unlike the junior clubs who would have people that grew up with the club and their families and people from the community.how many different names has limerick had since it was founded and how many different chairman etc?too many people with self interest and not the long term of the club.pat o sullivan seems to be one of the only geniune guys who wants it too succeed.i dont think they should have ever left rathbane?the burning of the clubhouse years ago set it back a lot.even with the markets field it wont ever be the clubs.a lot of the junior clubs have a clubhouse which provides a place for members and the community to go.limerick dont have that anymore.
    what happened to yer clubhouse there that it got burnt down..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    local vandals decided to burn it down because they had a run in with the bar man/manager.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    local vandals decided to burn it down because they had a run in with the bar man/manager.
    Im sure Insurance covered that.You have to have a place to call your own otherwise your throwing money down the swanny renting all the time.Makes no sense whatsoever.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Im sure Insurance covered that.You have to have a place to call your own otherwise your throwing money down the swanny renting all the time.Makes no sense whatsoever.
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't insured

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Ian Turner singed back according to Farcebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He isnt a bad player.will need more than him to stave off first division football in 2016.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The Turner signing and publicising by the club reads like the club saying "We'll still be around for March 7th but with a team of Ian turners rather than a team of Sami ojis"....alright by me anyway atleast the doomsday scenario now seems to be off the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Club statement tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Speaking to a few today and apparently things looking more positive today than they did 2 days I'm told something has happened to help but no idea what yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Speaking to a few today and apparently things looking more positive today than they did 2 days I'm told something has happened to help but no idea what yet.
    Sounds good. The Blues are back in business🙏

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast