Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accomplished Ireland stun Springboks-Rugby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Accomplished Ireland stun Springboks-Rugby

South Africa coach Jake White was made to pay for his unflattering assessment of Irish rugby in the build-up to today's Test showdown as the Springboks crashed to only their second defeat in the fixture.

White declared on Tuesday that only three of Ireland's line-up -Brian O'Driscoll, Malcolm O'Kelly and Paul O'Connell - would merit inclusion in his squad, but his verdict proved wide of the mark as the home side romped to a stunning 17-12 victory.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2004/1113/ireland.html
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great display by the lads. deserved the win. the boks didn't seem to but up much of a strugle most of the time. but well won all the same. great support. great to see lansdown FULL with the terraces been fully used.
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The chap 15.Montgomerie looks like the most all rounded player i've seen since Lomu
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Aye fast and a monster.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Burger was very poor IMO, ok you could see why he's so rated but he's got a sh!te temperment and got eaten up by the Irish pack.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcman
    Burger was very poor IMO, ok you could see why he's so rated but he's got a sh!te temperment and got eaten up by the Irish pack.
    that burger is a thug should have been sent off pure vicious. not the sort of fella needed in any sport
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    He was sent off v Wales too

That said he was given a proper Irish welcome with that nasty gash over his right eye

*edit: nice1 Schumi
    Last edited by ccfcman; 15/11/2004 at 12:26 PM.
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He was sent off v England too

That said he was given a proper Irish welcome with that nasty gash over his right eye
    he deserved it took hickey out with a clothesline tackle round the neck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Great game. O'Gara was excellent, although the try was a little dodgy apparently! The forwards were immense though. I expected them to get hammered in the scrums but they competed really well. Great debut from O'Connor too!

He was sent off v England too
    Wales
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Great game. O'Gara was excellent, although the try was a little dodgy apparently! The forwards were immense though. I expected them to get hammered in the scrums but they competed really well.
    Until Horan came on for Corrigan....

Montgomerie is either immense or absolute cat.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Jonny O'Concrete is his nickname @ Wasps apparently! Shows why!
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thats your narrow minded. opinion didn't seem to be the opinion the crowd that packed into lansdown on sat.as well as all those at home. seldom would a crowd that big and well behaved turn up for a soccer friendly. where would the soccer team be playin without the irfu? still in dalymount?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by $Leon$
    thats your narrow minded. opinion didn't seem to be the opinion the crowd that packed into lansdown on sat.as well as all those at home. seldom would a crowd that big and well behaved turn up for a soccer friendly. where would the soccer team be playin without the irfu? still in dalymount?
    Like a crowd of Biafrans chasin a loaf of bread those egg-chasers! What are you doin on here Leon if you're more opinionated on this minimal-skilled game than the beautiful game?

I've tried to see rugby from a positive perspective put its very difficult. Skill?Bout 4/5 players in a team have it. Brute force and ignorance best sum it up. Irelands Call? Disgrace.......I think the FAI would have got their house in order only for the IRFU being so accomodating. People might start taking you a bit more serious too, if you sort your grammar and spelling out!!
    Last edited by JoeSemi; 15/11/2004 at 3:20 PM.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi
    Like a crowd of Biafrans chasin a loaf of bread those egg-chasers! What are you doin on here Leon if you're more opinionated on this minimal-skilled game than the beautiful game?

I've tried to see rugby from a positive prespective put its very difficult. Skill?Bout 4/5 players in a team have it. Brute force and ignorance best sum it up. Irelands Call? Disgrace.......I think the FAI would have got their house in order only for the IRFU being so accomodating. People might start taking you a bit more serious too, if you sort your grammar and spelling out!!

thats a fairly simplisitc view you have there joe blaming the irfu for the fai trouble . and what the hell is wrong with irelands call its a patriots song and id like to point out its its only time in the last 80yrs ireland has been united in anything
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    and what the hell is wrong with irelands call its a patriots song and id like to point out its its only time in the last 80yrs ireland has been united in anything
    Irelands Call a patriots song? ffs.... There are plenty of traditional, uncontentious songs that could've been picked without that Coulter rubbish....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank God Fast Eddie has lerned from his mistakes.

During the World Cup we hand managed to come to the point where Foley wasnt good enough for the 22!!!
    Byrne continues to impress but the lack of cover in the front row is very worrying
    Oh no not them again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Irelands Call a patriots song? ffs.... There are plenty of traditional, uncontentious songs that could've been picked without that Coulter rubbish....
    well give me one so ...............

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    well give me one so ...............
    7 drunken nights

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    7 drunken nights
    cant argue with that

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSemi

I've tried to see rugby from a positive perspective put its very difficult. Skill?Bout 4/5 players in a team have it. Brute force and ignorance best sum it up. Irelands Call? Disgrace.......I think the FAI would have got their house in order only for the IRFU being so accomodating. People might start taking you a bit more serious too, if you sort your grammar and spelling out!!
    In terms of the quality of rugby on display on Saturday, it was hardly champagne rugby. However, in terms of commitment, nobody can question the spectacle that was Saturday's game. As a football supporter, I am forced to admit that rugby is probably a more athletic sport with just as impressive footballing skills on show. Many people believe that Geordan Murphy would be playing gaelic football for Kildare if he wasnt a rugby player. His footballing skills and lines of running are immense. No wonder they refer to him as the George Best of rugby in the Zurich Premiership. As for Brian O'Driscoll, he played minor football for Dublin. His array of handling skills, deceptive running and hard tackling make him the finest centre in world rugby. Seldom has this country produced a man with such leadership skills. The man is on his way to becoming a living legend. Add to those players the likes of Shane Horgan, a former Meath under-21 footballer. Also Ronan O'Gara, the epitomy of modern footballing ability. Even without Gordon Darcy, Ireland's whole backline is made up of extremely talented sportsmen who could excell at any ball game. The fact that they use the oval ball adds to their case that they are more skillful.
    Few Irish international soccer players could match their rugby counterparts in terms of skill and athleticism.
    Finally, I have to say that the hairs stood on the back of my neck during the national anthems on Saturday. The fact that Ireland's Call is played in Lansdowne Road is irrelevant. The Irish players sang Amhran na bhFiann with gusto. Didnt anyone else see the tears rolling from John Hayes' eyes (the biggest man on the field!!)? I think Ireland's Call is a great anthem. It sounds fantastic. Fans and players alike sing it. It doesnt discriminate against anyone and is very much apolitical. This is the modern Ireland that I want to be a part of.
    As for the IRFU restricting the FAI from having their own stadium, your 'avin a larf!! The FAI themselves and Irish governments is what restricted the FAI. Doesnt anyone remember how Eircom Park fell apart? If we didnt have the IRFU, where would we be? We would have spent the last 25 years in Dalymount Park or Tolka. Hardly very progressive.

On a seperate note, wasnt it lovely to see the GAA holding their annual Railway Cup Final on a soccer field in Paris last weekend? The hypocricy and irony of such antics from Ireland's most sectarian organisation will never cease to amaze me.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast