Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2015

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Haven't heard of him since, but would be a great move over if only for the pronunciation of his name, in Scotland it was 'Rye-aaar-don', here it would have to be Reearr-don'
    It'll be James McClean all over again, right down to the fact 50% of all people will never spell it correctly.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Drogheda in trouble. Richardson just after being on local radio LMFM (read from bottom up)

Rico set to have a meeting with chairman tomorrow but doesn't know if that will still go ahead as he doesn't know if chairman is still there

Rico: "This club can not afford to get relegated at this moment in its history. It is vital we are a part of the Premier Division."
    Rico: "These are dark & desperate days for this football club."
    Rico: "We need that leadership (of the chairman & board) now, more than any other time in the history of this football club." #Drogs
    Rico: "It's now a time for anyone who has any interest in Drogheda United, to come together, to help the club survive & do the best we can."
    Rico: "The next week will be vital, not just for the team but for the football club itself."
    Rico: "Everything is in place, the only thing is, there is a serious shortage of money."
    Rico: "The budget is small, the budget in Drogheda United is based essentially on gate receipts."
    Rico: "I don't want to walk away from the club in the state that it is in at the moment."
    Rico: "Schlingermann, Brennan, Daly have been speaking to other clubs."
    Rico: Says he can not confirm that Ben Clarke has resigned as chairman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Drogs' attendances have been very poor the last few seasons, it's amazing they've managed to keep the show on the road so far.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Well it was said Richardson has been pushing for a bigger budget. To me it seems like he is trying to put the pressure on the board. Seems like a bad way to do it in fairness. The last few managers have managed to keep the club in the premier without massive budgets and I don't see why that would change.

He says the club are reliant on gate receipts but that's with a lot of clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    To me it seems like he is trying to put the pressure on the board.
    Is there a Board? I understand that there is only one member and that is insufficient to all Drogheda United to make decisions.

I could be wrong but this is my understanding from talking to a lifelong Drog last night.

Four or five board members resigned recently. A new board member was then appointed (and make Chairman) and now he has resigned. A public meeting to get people involved has been met with no response.

At this moment Drogheda United have one board member, no manager, and no players.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Genuine question here- what is Drogheda's ownership structure? I usually know this for almost every club but for some reason, possibly lack of sleep, Drogheda's completely eludes me.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post

He says the club are reliant on gate receipts but that's with a lot of clubs.
    I think he meant there is virtually no other income steams coming in. For eg they didn't renew the license on that fine clubhouse for some time now I believe. I used to love going there back in the day,great spot to watch if you were shooting up that end in the second half. I'm not sure what their shirt sponsorship takes in or match day same,but I would imagine it is possibly very limited.

Dundalk have a two bars in full flow on match days, and the bigger one opens most nights I think, and is booked regularly fri and sat night parties, and sun night is a big weekly night for senior supporters. Also our sponsorship for matches, ball, advertising, programme sales, merchandise, (shop is accessible most days) and the pitch rental all add to decent steams coming in. All of this didn't just happen this year. It was slowly built up over time.

It seems a pity what is going on at Drogs, but they have been here many times before and the people of that town really need to come out and show their support now, they have done really well to maintain their PD status with tiny budgets, but it appears the entire structure needs to be revamped now.

I wouldn't like to see them go, always a great atmosphere and such a short trip for us for away games, (20 mins now), so hopefully they can sort things out.

Oh and just back on topic!!! Are there any strong rumours today?
    Last edited by oriel; 09/11/2014 at 10:57 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Genuine question here- what is Drogheda's ownership structure? I usually know this for almost every club but for some reason, possibly lack of sleep, Drogheda's completely eludes me.

Drogheda United is owned by a number of fans who were able to afford the €1,000 share price following transfer of ownership from the previous regime.

Perhaps, Drogheda fans can shed light on how many fans own these €1,000 shares.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I think he meant there is virtually no other income steams coming in. For eg they didn't renew the license on that fine clubhouse for some time now I believe. I used to love going there back in the day,great spot to watch if you were shooting up that end in the second half. I'm not sure what their shirt sponsorship takes in or match day same,but I would imagine it is possibly very limited.

Dundalk have a two bars in full flow on match days, and the bigger one opens most nights I think, and is booked regularly fri and sat night parties, and sun night is a big weekly night for senior supporters. Also our sponsorship for matches, ball, advertising, programme sales, merchandise, (shop is accessible most days) and the pitch rental all add to decent steams coming in. All of this didn't just happen this year. It was slowly built up over time.

It seems a pity what is going on at Drogs, but they have been here many times before and the people of them town really need to come out and show their support now, they have done really well to maintain their PD status with tiny budgets, but it appears the entire structure needs to be revamped now.

I wouldn't like to see them go, always a great atmosphere and such a short trip for us for away games, (20 mins now), so hopefully they can sort things out.

Oh and just back on topic!!! Are there any strong rumours today?
    I think he is talking about something entirely different.

I think he is referring to additional investment from the shareholders of the club.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Rovers are monitoring Derek Riordan, who was at Hibs shortly before Fenlon took over. His career has taken a bit of a nosedive since but he was a decent player in his day.
    Don't post here often, but if there is any truth to this, than that would be a cracking signing, and he'd shoot the lights out over here. Hopefully it would be some more positive press for Rovers/ the league too.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Don't post here often, but if there is any truth to this, than that would be a cracking signing, and he'd shoot the lights out over here. Hopefully it would be some more positive press for Rovers/ the league too.
    Had him in my manager thing in FIFA05. Great man.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I used to love going there back in the day,great spot to watch if you were shooting up
    Can we leave discussion of the development of the Camac stand to the stadium update thread please?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Can we leave discussion of the development of the Camac stand to the stadium update thread please?
    Cold, that's just Cold....tbh that's what I thought he was suggesting on first reading too... but no, not quite.
    innit though??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Local papers jounalist on twitter confirmed

Kenny has offered Hoban a 2yr deal
    Cherrie will not be offered a deal
    Murphy will be announced this week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Local papers jounalist on twitter confirmed

Kenny has offered Hoban a 2yr deal
    Cherrie will not be offered a deal
    Murphy will be announced this week
    Which Murphy?

Is that a surprise about Cherrie not being offered a contract?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    According to lads on Facebook it is Rogers to be confirmed as new keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Murphy? I think he means Rogers

Yeah bit of a surprise he is prone to the odd mistake but normally gets away with it. Great shot stopper but decision making can be suspect at times. Don't think Rogers is a massive improvement and I probably would have kept him

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I was under the impression Cherrie had planned to go back to Scotland all along, Kenny having already persuaded him to extend his stay by one season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Sorry meant Rodgers

yeh Charlie that seemed to be it but rumours around town are Cherrie wanted to stay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Rogers is an upgrade on Cherrie if you ask me. Cherrie doesn't command his area and he can be indecisive when coming out of goal. He's been a good player for us but I think Rogers is better and will improve the team.

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast