Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: League of Ireland Websites and Forums: 2015 Edition

  1. #101
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    879
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Launched a new YouTube series today called League of Ireland life stories on Between the Stripes TV. Basically, IL be traveling around to sit down with LOI Players, managers and figures both past and present and recording in depth Interviews with them. Started with a local today in Aodh Dervin. Take a look and feel free to subscribe

    https://youtu.be/GjziYDeEymU

  2. #102
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    204
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    What's the story with the BTS podcast? Last episode was the Brier goodbye but I thought it was carrying on?

  3. #103
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,328
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    560
    Thanked in
    474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    What's the story with the BTS podcast? Last episode was the Brier goodbye but I thought it was carrying on?
    outspoken is now working in dundalk for one of the big bookmakers and is working 13 hr shifts. he simply doesnt have the time at present as hes so busy at work at present. he mentioned this on twitter RH.

    I am sure he will do it again when he has more time as he did one podcast with one of the dundalk heads!
    Last edited by Martinho II; 22/07/2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  4. #104
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    204
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    outspoken is now working in dundalk for one of the big bookmakers and is working 13 hr shifts. he simply doesnt have the time at present as hes so busy at work at present. he mentioned this on twitter RH.

    I am sure he will do it again when he has more time as he did one podcast with one of the dundalk heads!
    Oh I didn't see the tweet. A pity but understandable. Please not with a Dundalk head though.

  5. #105
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    879
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Hi lads, I announced the end of BTS yesterday sadly. As Marty said I've relocated to Dundalk and am working in Broadcasting full time now so just can't commit to it. Very proud of what we achieved across all platforms but particularly the podcast. Im sure it's not the last podcast or LOI venture IL be involved in but for now the new job comes first, thanks to everyone who listened in, brilliant experience.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #106
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    879
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    As announced on the GLITW pod thread, Between the Stripes LOI podcast has returned for 2020.

    IT'S BACK: Between the Stripes LOI podcast is back with a bang as Vinny Perth, Daire Doyle, Paul Tuite & Mike Ahern join us to discuss a broad range of topics on our pre-season special.
    LISTEN NOW �� https://bit.ly/3bbdxyt
    APPLE: https://apple.co/2UzAbdU
    SPOTIFY: https://spoti.fi/2tvVXEn
    Between the stripes - Longford Town FC (unofficial) fans site.

  8. #107
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    879
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Apparently the St Pats commentary lads have received a letter from the FAI telling them to stop. These services are brilliant for exiled fans. Shocking pety stuff . New FAI me hoop

  9. #108
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,455
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,224
    Thanked in
    1,877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Apparently the St Pats commentary lads have received a letter from the FAI telling them to stop. These services are brilliant for exiled fans. Shocking pety stuff . New FAI me hoop
    Surely as a media member you'll know all about the new centralised media rules?

  10. #109
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,328
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,479
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    560
    Thanked in
    474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Surely as a media member you'll know all about the new centralised media rules?
    Whats this about Nigel?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  11. #110
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,455
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,224
    Thanked in
    1,877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Whats this about Nigel?
    From the FAI:

    If you commentate on any matches live, you must have a rights deal in place with the SSE Airtricity League which will give you permission to broadcast live matches.
    I think it's a good move to properly centralise rights to league coverage. Before now, anyone could walk in and broadcast a league match, be it a radio broadcast, or a live stream off their phone. They're trying to stop this by ensuring radio stations and other media outlets have the correct rights to do so. It's a step forward in terms of professionalism within the league to be honest. Not ideal for the amateur broadcasters that have been doing it for years, but the likes of the lads doing it at Pats should have known about this already when the email was circulated before the start of the season.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #111
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,063
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    879
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    From the FAI:



    I think it's a good move to properly centralise rights to league coverage. Before now, anyone could walk in and broadcast a league match, be it a radio broadcast, or a live stream off their phone. They're trying to stop this by ensuring radio stations and other media outlets have the correct rights to do so. It's a step forward in terms of professionalism within the league to be honest. Not ideal for the amateur broadcasters that have been doing it for years, but the likes of the lads doing it at Pats should have known about this already when the email was circulated before the start of the season.
    I totally disagree, these services are vital to exiled supporters. The FAI should be providing these services anyway but it seems if they aren't they don't want anyone else doing so.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. League of Ireland 2015
    By passinginterest in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12/06/2015, 12:31 PM
  2. League of Ireland Websites and Forums
    By baz-dcfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 13/12/2014, 12:28 PM
  3. League of Ireland Websites and Forums
    By lowflyingseagul in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13/03/2013, 12:14 PM
  4. Bohs Last Man Standing - League of Ireland Edition
    By SkStu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13/04/2011, 10:52 AM
  5. New Limited Edition Ireland Jersey
    By DeNiro in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23/10/2007, 6:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •