Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: League of Ireland Websites and Forums: 2015 Edition

  1. #101
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    758 Posts
    Launched a new YouTube series today called League of Ireland life stories on Between the Stripes TV. Basically, IL be traveling around to sit down with LOI Players, managers and figures both past and present and recording in depth Interviews with them. Started with a local today in Aodh Dervin. Take a look and feel free to subscribe

    https://youtu.be/GjziYDeEymU

  2. #102
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,454
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    210
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    What's the story with the BTS podcast? Last episode was the Brier goodbye but I thought it was carrying on?

  3. #103
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    614
    Thanked in
    520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    What's the story with the BTS podcast? Last episode was the Brier goodbye but I thought it was carrying on?
    outspoken is now working in dundalk for one of the big bookmakers and is working 13 hr shifts. he simply doesnt have the time at present as hes so busy at work at present. he mentioned this on twitter RH.

    I am sure he will do it again when he has more time as he did one podcast with one of the dundalk heads!
    Last edited by Martinho II; 22/07/2019 at 12:41 PM.
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  4. #104
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,454
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    210
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    outspoken is now working in dundalk for one of the big bookmakers and is working 13 hr shifts. he simply doesnt have the time at present as hes so busy at work at present. he mentioned this on twitter RH.

    I am sure he will do it again when he has more time as he did one podcast with one of the dundalk heads!
    Oh I didn't see the tweet. A pity but understandable. Please not with a Dundalk head though.

  5. #105
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    758 Posts
    Hi lads, I announced the end of BTS yesterday sadly. As Marty said I've relocated to Dundalk and am working in Broadcasting full time now so just can't commit to it. Very proud of what we achieved across all platforms but particularly the podcast. Im sure it's not the last podcast or LOI venture IL be involved in but for now the new job comes first, thanks to everyone who listened in, brilliant experience.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #106
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    758 Posts
    As announced on the GLITW pod thread, Between the Stripes LOI podcast has returned for 2020.

    IT'S BACK: Between the Stripes LOI podcast is back with a bang as Vinny Perth, Daire Doyle, Paul Tuite & Mike Ahern join us to discuss a broad range of topics on our pre-season special.
    LISTEN NOW �� https://bit.ly/3bbdxyt
    APPLE: https://apple.co/2UzAbdU
    SPOTIFY: https://spoti.fi/2tvVXEn
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

  8. #107
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    758 Posts
    Apparently the St Pats commentary lads have received a letter from the FAI telling them to stop. These services are brilliant for exiled fans. Shocking pety stuff . New FAI me hoop

  9. #108
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,949
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,919
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,572
    Thanked in
    2,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Apparently the St Pats commentary lads have received a letter from the FAI telling them to stop. These services are brilliant for exiled fans. Shocking pety stuff . New FAI me hoop
    Surely as a media member you'll know all about the new centralised media rules?

  10. #109
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    614
    Thanked in
    520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Surely as a media member you'll know all about the new centralised media rules?
    Whats this about Nigel?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  11. #110
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    11,949
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,919
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,572
    Thanked in
    2,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Whats this about Nigel?
    From the FAI:

    If you commentate on any matches live, you must have a rights deal in place with the SSE Airtricity League which will give you permission to broadcast live matches.
    I think it's a good move to properly centralise rights to league coverage. Before now, anyone could walk in and broadcast a league match, be it a radio broadcast, or a live stream off their phone. They're trying to stop this by ensuring radio stations and other media outlets have the correct rights to do so. It's a step forward in terms of professionalism within the league to be honest. Not ideal for the amateur broadcasters that have been doing it for years, but the likes of the lads doing it at Pats should have known about this already when the email was circulated before the start of the season.

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #111
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,099
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    888
    Thanked in
    758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    From the FAI:



    I think it's a good move to properly centralise rights to league coverage. Before now, anyone could walk in and broadcast a league match, be it a radio broadcast, or a live stream off their phone. They're trying to stop this by ensuring radio stations and other media outlets have the correct rights to do so. It's a step forward in terms of professionalism within the league to be honest. Not ideal for the amateur broadcasters that have been doing it for years, but the likes of the lads doing it at Pats should have known about this already when the email was circulated before the start of the season.
    I totally disagree, these services are vital to exiled supporters. The FAI should be providing these services anyway but it seems if they aren't they don't want anyone else doing so.

  14. #112
    Reserves Bunny Kelly's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    288
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Is there any updated list of podcasts out there? More concerned for league ones, that just one individual club

  15. #113
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,516
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    258
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    A few updates on DundalkFC content before the season begins.

    DFC Podcasts: Like buses; You wait for one and then suddenly three come along at the same time. All are very good and have different styles & pov.

    The men who saved football podcast https://castbox.fm/channel/id2773363?country=ie Three blokes,sometimes four just wandering along and trying to work whats happening at Dundalk FC AND other clubs... 9/10
    https://www.pressbox.ie/ Local Journalist James Rogers and guests 8/10
    The Town End podcast A zoom podcast that goes live about half an hour after a DFC match Has Great post-match guests sometimes. 8/10.
    -------------------
    Twitter: @jamesrogers.ie - knows his stuff and smart about what's happening at Dundalk FC.
    --------------------
    Old Style web chat forum interaction - OrielWeb.com - New owners from old currently at the helm.Hard to ignore it as a lot of Dundalk fans still have excellent opinions on it!
    --------------------
    FACEBOOK DundalkFC NewsNow https://www.facebook.com/Football Publishes Dundalk FC Press articles,opinion mainly Well followed though.

    Best wishes to all teams for the new season
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 16/02/2022 at 3:01 AM.

  16. #114
    Reserves DCSIL's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    336
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    41
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Is there any updated list of podcasts out there? More concerned for league ones, that just one individual club
    Derry: Skint Hill Podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...t/id1557744175

    Derry City Chat http://www.derrycitychat.com/

    For General news and gossip @thebiscuitG(Gary Ferry, Derry News).

  17. #115
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    34,666
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,036
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,048
    Thanked in
    2,562 Posts
    UCD have launched a new website - www.ucdfc.ie

  18. #116
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,516
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    258
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Did anybody tune into LEAGUE OF IRELAND LATE NIGHT on OTB newstalk Twitter spaces on Friday night? Listened back on Sunday.
    Format is basically Radio 5 live after the loi matches have concluded and for fans to express their opinions but they are using twitter spaces for fan input. It was good for a 1st show and i reckon it will be very popular.
    10:15pm starting time might be better for it i reckon but good start.

  19. #117
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,516
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    258
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Did anybody tune into LEAGUE OF IRELAND LATE NIGHT on OTB newstalk Twitter spaces on Friday night? Listened back on Sunday.
    Format is basically Radio 5 live after the loi matches have concluded and for fans to express their opinions but they are using twitter spaces for fan input. It was good for a 1st show and i reckon it will be very popular.
    10:15pm starting time might be better for it i reckon but good start.

    https://www.otbsports.com/podcast/le...up-and-running

  20. #118
    First Team Nah Nah Nah Nah's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,466
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    596
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    592
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Hard to think of someone more unprofessional then Johnny Ward

  21. #119
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,927
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    614
    Thanked in
    520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Hard to think of someone more unprofessional then Johnny Ward
    He has his critics but I have no problems with JW as he interviwed me for a piece for Galway Utd program against us a few yrs back. I listened to it recognised one familar face who I know very well from his Galway Utd days and a good friend of a regular poster here. They even had Padraig Admond ex Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers. Think OTB are onto a winner here!
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  22. #120
    Reserves DCSIL's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2020
    Posts
    336
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    41
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    BTS seems to have gone downhill with the people they're getting on recently

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. League of Ireland 2015
    By passinginterest in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12/06/2015, 12:31 PM
  2. League of Ireland Websites and Forums
    By baz-dcfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 13/12/2014, 12:28 PM
  3. League of Ireland Websites and Forums
    By lowflyingseagul in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13/03/2013, 12:14 PM
  4. Bohs Last Man Standing - League of Ireland Edition
    By SkStu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13/04/2011, 10:52 AM
  5. New Limited Edition Ireland Jersey
    By DeNiro in forum Fans Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23/10/2007, 6:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •