Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cyrus Christie D Hull b.1992

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Not a great look for him yesterday being replaced in the team by someone who isn't really a wing back. We should really have had McNamara in for a look during this camp.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not a great look for him yesterday being replaced in the team by someone who isn't really a wing back. We should really have had McNamara in for a look during this camp.
    Coleman was injured. And Christie had a good season in the Championship. I can understand how a manager would would be content with those being his two wing back options. I don't think it was a big oversight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I like Alan Browne as a wingback and I think he played well the other night. I suspect Preston view him more as a central midfielder, his natural position, and that’s why they’ve brought in Christie, a proven attacking fullback/wingback at Championship level.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Training with Birmingham. The Eustace connection at work, I guess. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...sfers-24594010

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    After 3 weeks of training with Birmingham, Christie has not been in for a few days, though John Eustace is still happy to facilitate him if necessary. (Birmingham Live, 17 August). Perhaps Christie will find a club in the MLS, or in mainland Europe. Or, if Joel Latibeaudiere's shoulder dislocation poses a serious problem for the right-back position at Swansea, a return to South Wales on a short-term contract.
    Last edited by Demesne Lad; 19/08/2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Should sign for the rest of the season at Shamrock Rovers and play group stage European football, back over to England in January as a free agent.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Reported to be signing for Hull City (Londonworld.com)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Playing in a back four as right side CH v Sunderland today, with Seán McLoughlin as his left side CH partner.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    An insightful interview with Cyrus on Newstalk here.

Talks about racism in football, club difficulties, international career, rivalry with Matt Doherty and trying to get into the team.

He said: "I took a lot of flak for [World Cup play-off defeat to Denmark]. I think I've been blamed for a lot of it, even though there were 11 men on that pitch."

"It has been tough (not being in the Irish team). It's been similar to the Fulham situation, there are a lot of factors." - referenced Tim Ream getting called up at 35 for the World Cup.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Picked up a knee problem in the game v Bristol City and joins Hull City's lengthy injury list; he missed the win over West Brom and will also miss next weekend's game v Coventry. (Hull Daily Mail).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    'Christie has missed the last few games for Hull City having had knee surgery and is set to miss the rest of the campaign.......
    When asked about a return to the international set-up for Christie, (manager) Rosenior said: "One hundred per cent he's good enough. I'm not trying to tell the Ireland manager who to pick but he's been one of the best right-backs in the league in the Championship this season.

"For me, Cyrus has been an absolute star to work with. He's shown unbelievable leadership qualities off the pitch and he's someone I'm really looking to be a part of my plans next season and a big part of my plans." '

Hull Live, 25 April.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    What I will say is given we play with wing backs, I think that would suit him much better than playing as a conventional full back. I’d have no issue with him coming in as backup on the right.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    The writing was on the wall for Christie when he was dropped for an out of position Alan Browne last summer. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win another cap to be honest.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    One issue with Christie when he's played as a WB he's often stuck to the touchline and doesn't drift into the middle at times to offer support.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Hull City were 0-3 down after 30 mins in their friendly v Galatasaray, in Turkey (5 July). Manager Rosenior made 11 changes at half time, including Christie, who headed in Hull's second as they won 4-3 in front of a crowd of 25,000.

Cyrus Christie sets Hull City demand after stunning Galatasaray win - Hull Live (hulldailymail.co.uk)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Christie brought on in the 46th minute last night, when Hull City were 0-1 down at home. "Made a big difference...7/10" Hull Daily Mail

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Christie replaced Sean McLoughlin at half-time, with Hull 0-2 away to Swansea; provided both assists to get Hull back to level terms..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Christie (31) played the last 8 minutes of Hull's defeat by Leeds tonight, his first appearance since New Year's Day.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516