Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Christie D Hull b.1992

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He can move anywhere he wants now. The three-club thing only applies within a season, and the English league season has finished so his clock is reset, so to speak.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Newcastle are apparently chasing Fredericks so a move for him could give Christie an opportunity, though you'd tend to think that if he wasn't first choice in the championship nor would he be in the PL, i.e. Fulham would likely look to sign another right back should Fredericks depart...
    Didn't know Fredericks was out-of-contract. West Ham linked also - http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...yan-fredericks

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Yes, a host of clubs now linked with Fredericks so it very much looks like he will be on the move, with West Ham still the frontrunners.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    This is probably why Fulham got Christie in . Good forward planning from Fulham . Their plans are working well at the moment .

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Yeah, makes sense. Fingers crossed they don't replace Fredericks without giving Christie the chance. I think he can step up. And I think that facing better players will make him better for us. Trying to keep an eye on Eden Hazard will surely draw improvement over time.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Yes, a host of clubs now linked with Fredericks so it very much looks like he will be on the move, with West Ham still the frontrunners.
    Fredericks signed for West Ham today.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Nice to See him Start. Apart From fosu mensah who ARE The othe competitors för him At right Back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Cracking finish from Christie tonight
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    How he and we could do with one or three of those from him while in a green shirt.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Came in for heavy criticism on MOTD2 as the weakest link in fulham's Fragile defence.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I dont think he is anywhere near good enough to be a right back in international football. His positioning is as poor as ive seen for years

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Tbf I though he got a bit too much criticism last night - he was criticised for being too far forward and not tracking back enough, but it looked to me like Fulham wanted to really press Arsenal high and keep them in their own half as much as possible. It was a tactic that failed miserably, but it would help to explain his positioning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Fulham's coach strikes me as tactically naïve, but he seems to have a lot of faith in Christie.

Christie is a high risk, high reward player. He will create chances for you almost every match, but inevitably get caught out of position and expose your defense.

Arsenal appeared to target him or at the least Fulham's right side, and had great success.

I think Christie has value for us against equal or inferior opposition. I have serious concerns about using him against superior opponents.

I would also add that he is a tremendous athlete and it could be worth using him as a winger, even if he is all over the place positionally.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post

I would also add that he is a tremendous athlete and it could be worth using him as a winger, even if he is all over the place positionally.
    O’Neill used him on right side of life field against Wales and he was not great at all.

Give Doherty a chance at RB and use a diamond midfield I think

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Appears to be having some success raiding down the right against Spurs today, winning the corner that led to Fulham's goal and sending in a good cross that almost led to a goal for Ryan Babel. I know people seem to rate Doherty higher as a full-back/wing-back, but I've also read that Doherty doesn't have the pace to be an out-and-out winger. Christie, on the other hand, does. With that in mind, is there a case to be made for accommodating Christie further up the pitch, especially as we don't really have any pure right-sided winger currently?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Appears to be having some success raiding down the right against Spurs today, winning the corner that led to Fulham's goal and sending in a good cross that almost led to a goal for Ryan Babel. I know people seem to rate Doherty higher as a full-back/wing-back, but I've also read that Doherty doesn't have the pace to be an out-and-out winger. Christie, on the other hand, does. With that in mind, is there a case to be made for accommodating Christie further up the pitch, especially as we don't really have any pure right-sided winger currently?
    He got blamed on Sky for one of the Spurs' goals.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    He got blamed on Sky for one of the Spurs' goals.
    It couldn't have been the first goal as some Fulham defender should have cleared the ball, so they must have been talking about the winner. Christie was easily outfoxed as the spurs player sent in a gorgeous inswinger which landed with pin pointed accuracy directly on the head of Winks who was virtually a yard or two out from the goal line, I thought the Sky pundits were critical of the fulham defender who let Winks get goal side.
    Christie was quite reasonable at this level and one of the better Fulham players , though he has only one gear - hyperactive, if he stops for a second and pauses there's a good chance he'll be mugged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Definitely wasn't at fault for the first. And I would have placed blame on the keeper for the second. Needs to take charge there.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    He has a lot of tools but is missing one or two. He went on a delightful run down the right after the 80th minute and when he got into the Spurs half he passed it straight to one of their players and they broke. It summed up a lot of his performance for me. He's quick, strong, powerful running but allows himself to be punished by top level players for lapses too frequently.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    He has a lot of tools but is missing one or two. He went on a delightful run down the right after the 80th minute and when he got into the Spurs half he passed it straight to one of their players and they broke. It summed up a lot of his performance for me. He's quick, strong, powerful running but allows himself to be punished by top level players for lapses too frequently.
    Tbh he is actually a sh*t player. Zero understanding of positioning and easily tricked. I wouldnt dream of playing him.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast