Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Christie D Hull b.1992

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Austin Currie My Yoghurt, to give him his full title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Garda probe into racist abuse as footballer Christie makes complaint': https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36436896.html

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Byrne
    Gardaí have launched a probe into the racist abuse suffered by Ireland soccer star Cyrus Christie after the player made an official complaint.

It is understood the Middlesbrough defender flew back to Dublin on November 27 to make a statement to gardaí about the vile messages directed at him on social media website Twitter.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Fair play to him for flying back over and making an official statement to the Gardai. We need a zero tolerance approach on this

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Transferred to Fulham - initially thought that was a downward move, but apparently Fulham are two places above Middlesbrough: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42898336

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Wow. Things must have really soured with Pulis. He didn't fit into Pulis' plans and that wasn't surprising given Pulis sides normally feature flat back 4s, often with a centre half in either full back spot.

Good move enough for him and brings him closer to home too so that might be good for him personally. Easier to catch a flight to Dublin from London too compared to Derby and Middlesbrough!

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Transferred to Fulham - initially thought that was a downward move, but apparently Fulham are two places above Middlesbrough: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42898336
    Fulham have great momentum at the moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It's a bit concerning that two Championship clubs have willingly dispensed of his services in such a short space of time though.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    It's a bit concerning that two Championship clubs have willingly dispensed of his services in such a short space of time though.
    On the other hand, it's encouraging that two Championship clubs have willingly paid transfer fees to avail of his services in such a short space of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    That's a fair point, and two decent Championship sides as well. For a guy who considers himself the best right back in the division though, it can't have done his confidence much good to have fallen out of favour at both Derby & Middlesbrough within four or five months. Anyway, I hope Fulham goes well for him. I think he's been too harshly judged for us at times.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    That's a fair point, and two decent Championship sides as well. For a guy who considers himself the best right back in the division though, it can't have done his confidence much good to have fallen out of favour at both Derby & Middlesbrough within four or five months. Anyway, I hope Fulham goes well for him. I think he's been too harshly judged for us at times.
    On his day he believes himself to be the best rb in the championship. His self assessment is conditional
    I'd understand it as Pulis not rating Christie and attack minded defenders in general who might have a few defensive shortcomings, despite Christie doing very at Middlesbrough. Christie had an excellent game in the away fixture at Fulham, I guess he made a big impression that day on the Fulham manager.
    I suppose you could say he was 'in his day'.
    Last edited by geysir; 02/02/2018 at 4:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He was actually poor for the Middlesbrough goal that day if I remember correctly, failing to close down a cross. I'd say you're right though, the Boro supporters seem disappointed to see him leave from what I've seen on social media, etc.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    For that move Christie was okay at the defending, he was just outfoxed by a skillful player, the cross was a nothing cross and should have been dealt with by the 2 defenders at the far post.
    When a tricky winger is one on one with a fullback, there will be crosses to deal with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Disagree. He was in a good position to prevent any cross coming in and should have been able to force the player back outside. It wasn't even a piece of skill, just small little bit of acceleration which seemed to catch Christie a little off guard. He ended up needing to make a desperate sliding tackle to try to retrieve the ground he managed to lose. If it was in a green shirt I think he would have received a lot of criticism on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Lovely assist from Christie on his Fulham debut the other night. The first piece of action below:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Is now a PL player, with Fulham.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Soccerbase saying he only played 5 games in the second half of the season, 4 from the bench. Ryan Fredericks undisputed first choice right back there.

18. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Soccerbase saying he only played 5 games in the second half of the season, 4 from the bench. Ryan Fredericks undisputed first choice right back there.
    Fredericks should have been sent off for a nasty tackle. The commentary team talked up Cyrus but the hard fact is that he was not getting his game at Fulham in the Championship. Is he likely to do any better in the EPL ?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Tricky one for him. If he wants a better chance at game time he'll probably need a move to yet another Championship club (his fourth in the space of a year, not even sure if that's allowed, maybe if the transfer goes through after the year anniversary of his move from Derby to Middlesbrough?). There's always the possibility Fredericks could get injured I suppose and Christie would see some PL game time, best case scenario.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Tricky one for him. If he wants a better chance at game time he'll probably need a move to yet another Championship club (his fourth in the space of a year, not even sure if that's allowed, maybe if the transfer goes through after the year anniversary of his move from Derby to Middlesbrough?). There's always the possibility Fredericks could get injured I suppose and Christie would see some PL game time, best case scenario.
    Newcastle are apparently chasing Fredericks so a move for him could give Christie an opportunity, though you'd tend to think that if he wasn't first choice in the championship nor would he be in the PL, i.e. Fulham would likely look to sign another right back should Fredericks depart...

22. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Is he allowed to register with another club outside of England? Would be unfortunate to have to wait around until January 2019 to move on if he isn't going to play.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast