Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Christie D Hull b.1992

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Cutris FLeming did not say that, what he spoke about was very different and he also mentioned being abused as a child (racially) by an adult. what kind of adult does that regardless of their upbringing. He did very well to not let it get to him but clearly never fully got over it, the parallels with what happened Cyrus, and he spoke so humbly about it, with the school teacher is awful.

Irish people got abuse the world over, we should not be dishing out that same abuse, especially in our own country.

Unfortunately there are negative and positives of positive discrimination. If any player does bad he gets abused, its always the lowest common denominator, sadly that becomes colour for anyone non-white or "non-conforming" to some people.

Lads not everyone is a WUM, some people are just ignorant.
    Well in my country irish are very well received and respected like the basques are. My granny was irish. Of course in the anglophone world the irish were prosecuted systematically. Ireland used to be the Ernest "Che" Guevara Lynch De La Serna of the countries worldwide

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    I've only heard racism once, when Clinton Morrison was warming up on the sideline close to the terrace where the schoolboy section is and some toerag shouted "Where'd ya get yer sun tan??!"

Several people, including myself immediately whirled around to tell the kid to shut the f*** up. I figured that would be the norm. But I guess that was 16 years ago or something. Which actually is quite depressing.
    If more incidents come to light, then an initiative by the core support would be great. I won't have it. There's far more of us than however amount of casual or not so casual racists.
    Well maybe the irish are forgetting they are irish. Thats globalization. The end of nations. Here you can explain Rice and Grealish and their emotional detachment. Dont think that from the previous generations. Im a plastic paddy but i feel attached to the island and its tragedy

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Mods, can we nip this BS in the bud? Even better than not feeding the trolls is reigning them in.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I live the way he is breaking his a*s laughing believing we believe he is Argentinian. When he is probably from templogue

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I am from Argentina and i live in Hurlingham. Actually it is William C. Morris our town. On the west side of greater bs.as founded by irish and italian and basques inmigrants. I have lived 5 years in Europe between Geneve and the french border, i worked for ITU and OMPI and i also lived in Villafranca del Penedès in Catalunya.
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 14/08/2020 at 1:00 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    i have also met Bielsa twice when at Lezama the training facilities of Athletico of Bilbao the saturday after he defeated Man. U at Old Trafford that midweek. That afternoon he gave us tickets for free when they played Osasuna the former club of Michael Robinson in El Sadar. Michael was broadcasting the game live there for spanish tv that night.

Thats why i remembered Bielsa was contacted for the irish national team back in 2013.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Where you are from, or not from, or who you have met is completely immaterial. No one should ever, ever be subject to insults, abuse, "stick" whatever you want to call it, solely because of their skin colour. Insisting they just put up with it is asinine.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    I played with a soccer team years ago full of Brazilians and a few Africans and East Europeans.

The racism I heard on the pitch toward them from Irish lads was disgusting and made me ashamed.
    Last edited by Fixer82; 14/08/2020 at 6:07 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    if this is happening in lil' old Ireland well there is something strange maybe are becoming insensitive because of more money and better incomes and salaries less poverty. Fathers, mothers, grandpas, grannies, uncles, aunts etc etc should take the blame.
    It is part of globalization, if a young irish thinks he is at the same level as w.a.s.p people are well he or she hasnt read history.

Irish are more related to the people in Galicia and the Basque Country than anyone in the world. Poverty and exploitation is part of history and i read somewhere that the irish population 120 years ago was like 12.000.000 or something like that.

Here we are the fifth nation with the larger irish population in the world. And with celtic background, half the country is. At least. 20 millions are celtic related down here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Where you are from, or not from, or who you have met is completely immaterial. No one should ever, ever be subject to insults, abuse, "stick" whatever you want to call it, solely because of their skin colour. Insisting they just put up with it is asinine.
    hey pal isnt James McClean getting abused in England week in and out because of his irishness. Diego Maradona was the most abused and insulted footballer in football history. Do you know he has a close irish friend? Colin Farrell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    For arguments sake, I’ll engage:

I’ve never witnessed more racism anywhere in the world than I saw in South America, particularly in Chile and Argentina. Was heartbreaking. These bright young Haitian refugees who were just teenagers being treated like they were subhuman. Of all the places in the world, how the **** did the end up in a place that treats them so appallingly?

Racism is mostly to do with education and up-bringing and it’s also somewhat cultural. I don’t believe for a second it’s about improving incomes and reduced sensitivity or globalisation.

From what I’ve seen in Ireland, speaking in generalisations, racism is most often found in the areas where there is the most socio-economic depravation - and also certain parts of rural Ireland where there is an overwhelming fear of the other.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    hey pal isnt James McClean getting abused in England week in and out because of his irishness. Diego Maradona was the most abused and insulted footballer in football history. Do you know he has a close irish friend? Colin Farrell.
    For a WUM you're especially strange, I'll give you that.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It's the misplaced apostrophe that gets me.

18. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    For arguments sake, I’ll engage:

I’ve never witnessed more racism anywhere in the world than I saw in South America, particularly in Chile and Argentina. Was heartbreaking. These bright young Haitian refugees who were just teenagers being treated like they were subhuman. Of all the places in the world, how the **** did the end up in a place that treats them so appallingly?

Racism is mostly to do with education and up-bringing and it’s also somewhat cultural. I don’t believe for a second it’s about improving incomes and reduced sensitivity or globalisation.

From what I’ve seen in Ireland, speaking in generalisations, racism is most often found in the areas where there is the most socio-economic depravation - and also certain parts of rural Ireland where there is an overwhelming fear of the other.
    ive met some guys from Haiti living in greater Buenos Aires province all of them they told me that they came from the upper class of Haití because only the riches can study.

Actually i play football with one of them. He is studying in one of our free universities in the greater Buenos Aires. We have a lot of students from a lot of countries because the best universities here are free of charge, which it is an achievement of peronism and its social base.

Studying and Learning at a university is a human right in Argentina.. In Argentina most of the riches, they complaint because they evade taxes and dont wanna pay what they should.
    Dont know were you've been but it sounds you have been with the upper class of BS.AS.capital city, or with people from the northern corridor of the greater buenos aires, Olivos, Vicente Lopez, San Isidro, Martínez and San Fernando where the upper class live.
    Working class Argentina in the suburbs is very much side by side with people from Haití.

Regarding Chile the wealthy upper class is very racist and elitist. Chile is a very uneven unequal country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Stay on topic. If you want to discuss your personal life, use your inbox

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    ive met some guys from Haiti living in greater Buenos Aires province all of them they told me that they came from the upper class of Haití because only the riches can study.

Actually i play football with one of them. He is studying in one of our free universities in the greater Buenos Aires. We have a lot of students from a lot of countries because the best universities here are free of charge, which it is an achievement of peronism and its social base.

Studying and Learning at a university is a human right in Argentina.. In Argentina most of the riches, they complaint because they evade taxes and dont wanna pay what they should.
    Dont know were you've been but it sounds you have been with the upper class of BS.AS.capital city, or with people from the northern corridor of the greater buenos aires, Olivos, Vicente Lopez, San Isidro, Martínez and San Fernando where the upper class live.
    Working class Argentina in the suburbs is very much side by side with people from Haití.

Regarding Chile the wealthy upper class is very racist and elitist. Chile is a very uneven unequal country.
    Interesting to read but kind of Waaaaaay off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Appears to be joining Nottingham Forest - https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...yrus-christie/

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Appears to be joining Nottingham Forest - https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...yrus-christie/
    Probably for the best, he's a solid Championship performer but was going to get next to no game time with Fulham this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Was thinking the same really.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Potentially a very good move. Forest are a club on the up.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast