Thread: features

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

features

hey there
    i am a freelance journalist and i am currently working on a load of stuff for publication about the eircom league. if any supporters have any ideas what you want covered or would like to see published then let me know either pm me or leave it here. i am going to rob your ideas but in a few months you'll see how i dealt with them in print.
    cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    It would be nice of you to highlight the general apathy of the FAI towards the domestic game including the absence of any fixtures at all on their site at one period and the continuing lack of a 1st Division fixture list and tables often weeks out of date. Their coverage has actually gone backwards since they launched their site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The First Division
    Last edited by 1 9 2 8; 12/11/2004 at 9:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    It would be nice of you to highlight the general apathy of the FAI towards the domestic game including the absence of any fixtures at all on their site at one period and the continuing lack of a 1st Division fixture list and tables often weeks out of date. Their coverage has actually gone backwards since they launched their site.
    Well, it's nice to see that just because ye'll be gone from here you still care about the 1st division,THANKS
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    And thank you 1928 because of you this will proberly be put in the rubbish now(cos of the large print).Cheers
    Alright I'll change But I don't see the point of having the option if you can't use it . I was just highlighting our league because every reporter seems to forget about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 9 2 8
    Alright I'll change But I don't see the point of having the option if you can't use it . I was just highlighting our league because every reporter seems to forget about it
    I know, I agree with you but Dahmsta does'nt allow it, I dont think,Why dont u just delete the post?????
    Last edited by sligoman; 12/11/2004 at 11:48 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by padjoe
    hey there
    i am a freelance journalist and i am currently working on a load of stuff for publication about the eircom league. if any supporters have any ideas what you want covered or would like to see published then let me know either pm me or leave it here. i am going to rob your ideas but in a few months you'll see how i dealt with them in print.
    cheers
    What about something bout stamping out racism,I know this is a subject been constantly discussed but it is still in the game weather we like it or not!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Features

Padjoe

You could do an article on what a bunch of pathetic hypocritical West-Brit wanna bes some of the Bar stool potatoes who watch the SPL and English Premier sh1t and think it is the best football in the universe are who are too lazy to actually go to a game...

No I have a better idea... you could do an article on how lazy Irish society has gotten.... Very few GAA fans go to club and National League games compared to Championship matches...

Very few rugby fans go to Club and AIL matches compared to Heineken Cup and International matches....

Very few soccer fans go to EL matches compared to the numbers who pack out the pubs, have SKY Sports installed in their homes or go to Internationals..

It isn't just a problem for real football, the problem is merely more pronounced in the EL. In case any of you were wondering, and for the record most of the regular posters on this website are exempt from the above comment relating to EL and football attendance in general !

I actually believe we, as a society not us the contributors here, have gotten so lazy and caught up with materialism and other nonsense that people have not made time to attend the elite levels of sport in this country , regardless of the code, on a consistent basis as compared to what you would see in the average member of an EL supporters club for example.

Padjoe if you took each of the sports Gaelic Football, Hurling, Rugby and Soccer, you would get a 4 part series of articles on the topic maybe more
    and if you do get the above gig would you ever let us know which publication you got to publish it so we can all buy it EL , AIL and GAA National League fans combined. rant over
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 13/11/2004 at 11:00 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The First Division
    Padjoe 1928 in his own highly subtle way

and
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Poor Student in his more obious way have raised a real problem. And yes for the record I have taken every opportunity to complain to journalists about the pathetic coverage that
    The First Division
    gets in the national media since we won the thing back in 1995. Everyone was for promotion and relegation when the idea was first mooted in 1984, even the National print media, however with the honourable exception of the tabloids , most of the others either try to ignore it or in the case of the Irish Times successfully do so.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 13/11/2004 at 11:24 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

cheers

hey people
    thanks for your help keep the ideas coming. to date i have already done three articles on the first division its coverage, the future, and about promotion and relegation all done prior to this thread. i like the idea about the real fans. its true so many people go to the big matches or are happy to watch the premiership and GAA championship matches its very misleading to say the GAA is very popular because when it comes to league matches it rarely gets six thousand a fairly decent league game why this is i dont know but i also find that some eircom league clubs would be a lot more supported if the effort of say what cork city makes to get fans/people out. correct me if im wrong on that one. i have seen cobh ramblers have 150 people watch them the week before man utd game when utd came turners cross sold out. the simple answer is the general population do not see the eircom league as sexy nor do they see GAA league games or rugby etc. its only the hardcore fans who like seeing live sport on their doorstep come out in support thats why i have massive respect for anyone who says they put the eircom league and their club of choice before any other league. i have followed the eircom league for years but i only seriously got into cork city ten years ago and its my biggest regret. children of two or three should be brought to these games and in only a few years as children mature they will go see the shels, bohs, waterfords of the league and the clubs will be complaining that they dont have big enough stadiums its going to take a few years but it will happen because it will become sexy to the general joe soap if we have children pushing their parents to go. you might of be a different opinion keep your ideas coming to me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Features

Padjoe

I think it is even more fundamental than that it is sexy or not. Going more often than 3-4 times a year is too much like a commitment and quite frankly lots of people nowadays cannot commit to marriage much less a football team.

We have become an event attending nation. Yes we will go to the FAI Cup Final ;but we won't bother going to the game away to Rockmount in Round 2 for example. Yes we will go to the Leinster/Munster/Connacht /Ulster Finals and all the All-Ireland games.... but don't expect us to be at Division 1B games in March when it might require a bit of effort to go.
    And finally we ( as a nation not you and I specifically )will attend Leinster V Cardiff in the Heineken Cup but won't be arsed about the Celtic League game between them or about Clontarf V Cork Con in the AIL.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Padjoe

I think it is even more fundamental than that it is sexy or not. Going more often than 3-4 times a year is too much like a commitment and quite frankly lots of people nowadays cannot commit to marriage much less a football team.

We have become an event attending nation. Yes we will go to the FAI Cup Final ;but we won't bother going to the game away to Rockmount in Round 2 for example. Yes we will go to the Leinster/Munster/Connacht /Ulster Finals and all the All-Ireland games.... but don't expect us to be at Division 1B games in March when it might require a bit of effort to go.
    And finally we ( as a nation not you and I specifically )will attend Leinster V Cardiff in the Heineken Cup but won't be arsed about the Celtic League game between them or about Clontarf V Cork Con in the AIL.
    College till i die that is a extremely intelligent answer very well put well backed up. we know you got over 450 in your leaving cert.
    seriously though cheers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    450? Ya bleeding genious

If ya need any articles written padjoe, even some 'supporter's view' thing, give us a PM and I'll get working immediately. Same goes for any other help you need.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by padjoe
    hey people
    thanks for your help keep the ideas coming. to date i have already done three articles on the first division its coverage, the future, and about promotion and relegation all done prior to this thread. i like the idea about the real fans. its true so many people go to the big matches or are happy to watch the premiership and GAA championship matches its very misleading to say the GAA is very popular because when it comes to league matches it rarely gets six thousand a fairly decent league game why this is i dont know but i also find that some eircom league clubs would be a lot more supported if the effort of say what cork city makes to get fans/people out. correct me if im wrong on that one. i have seen cobh ramblers have 150 people watch them the week before man utd game when utd came turners cross sold out. the simple answer is the general population do not see the eircom league as sexy nor do they see GAA league games or rugby etc. its only the hardcore fans who like seeing live sport on their doorstep come out in support thats why i have massive respect for anyone who says they put the eircom league and their club of choice before any other league. i have followed the eircom league for years but i only seriously got into cork city ten years ago and its my biggest regret. children of two or three should be brought to these games and in only a few years as children mature they will go see the shels, bohs, waterfords of the league and the clubs will be complaining that they dont have big enough stadiums its going to take a few years but it will happen because it will become sexy to the general joe soap if we have children pushing their parents to go. you might of be a different opinion keep your ideas coming to me.
    I hope you have an editor for these articles of yours - you could badly do with the odd full stop, comma , and capital letter!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by jimhacker
    I hope you have an editor for these articles of yours - you could badly do with the odd full stop, comma , and capital letter!
    ha you funny person. everyone on that side of the water in passage have a sense of humour. obviously when im writing the stuff i pay at bit more attention to what im writing otherwise i wouldn't have a job.