Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchweek 29: Friday, September 26, 2014

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Europe pretty much in the bag now which was our target so anything else is a bonus but it's great to be still up there in with a shout.. we were very poor in the first half tonight didn't look like we could come back into it but came out much better in the second half.. nice of nults to save the penalty also we had a bit o' luck tonight lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    It's as you were in the premier. Dundalk win and so do cork. This is going down to the last game as I can't see cork slipping up in the next 3 game before they play us.

Rovers result means Dundalk are qualified for Europe. Cork need one more point.

Oh congrats to the lilywhites on reaching their 100th goal in all competitions. Not sure how often this has been done
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Ah come on now lads. 3 points off the lead with 4 games to go and ye're looking back at a team 14 points behind. Much and all that ye might deny it ye're in with a right shot of winning the league.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Ah come on now lads. 3 points off the lead with 4 games to go and ye're looking back at a team 14 points behind. Much and all that ye might deny it ye're in with a right shot of winning the league.
    Yeah there's no denying we can win the league, I think dundalks game with rovers is the one we can hope they might slip up in but we have to take advantage if and when it happens. I've been thinking whether or not to get a day off work for the last game and something tells me I should

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Oh congrats to the lilywhites on reaching their 100th goal in all competitions. Not sure how often this has been done
    What, this season?

Wow.

Bit of a shame (for us) today's goals were a deflection and a goalkeeping howler. Either Dundalk weren't a patch on the team which destroyed us twice earlier in the season, or we've finally improved. But keeping it to 2-0 with most of our defence absent is vaguely encouraging. Or at least, about as encouraging as the past few weeks have gotten really.

And Athlone drew. Again. They're like Pepe le Pew at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Absolute cracker of a game in Finn Park. Safe to say, had Harps played like that all season we'd be right in the mix with Longford and Shelbourne for the title. Seriously excellent football played at times and a couple of fantastic team goals that I can't wait to see back on video.

Shelbourne simply have never had much of a good time in Finn Park, and they came up against a Harps team that were on fire. Their only two chances though came from defensive mistakes and they took both, which is a worry for us. But it's nice to see us actually score goals.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

8. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Can't wait to see what the craic is over on Shels Chat.

Oh.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Very controlled and professional performance from Dundalk. Earlier in the season, Dundalk would have tried to win this game 7-0 with everyone bar the goalkeeper bombing forward.

However, tonight they were always mindful of keeping possession and making sure they were not hit on the break. A very mature performance.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Also, it was nice to see former Harps and Bohemians legend Fergal Harkin up in Finn Park again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I can see UCD going down. There was no fight in them tonight. For a team struggling for survival, they looked like they were going through the motions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Even thou the Galway lads are a fairly moany shower on here, I'd like them to go up, and if Athlone could stay up over UCD or Bray we'd have a decent geographic spread in the premier, if we don't go one division that is. Anyway, Hon Finn Harps, glad my advice paid off

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Second goal was nicely worked, Shels' keeper and left back should be shot for the first and third respectively. Not that I'm complaining. Who doesn't love Mickey Fun?..wait..no..not that..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Decent game in Richmond tonight, draw probably a fair result. The point basically secures Europe for us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Our result was absolute daylight robbery, but we'll grab it and run. I love that this team never gives up, never gets the head down. If only they would think of heart issues in supporters before they all drop into the box with 10 minutes to go.

23. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Our result was absolute daylight robbery, but we'll grab it and run. I love that this team never gives up, never gets the head down. If only they would think of heart issues in supporters before they all drop into the box with 10 minutes to go.
    I like the fact that a lad like Mark O'Sullivan can come up from junior football and make an impact at the highest national level. Didn't realise he was 31 actually. LTFC's Davy O'Sullivan made a similar step up, though I suppose he was on the fringes for a couple of LOI clubs previously. Been more of a marked man this season but has still managed 20 odd goals and several assists.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I like the fact that a lad like Mark O'Sullivan can come up from junior football and make an impact at the highest national level. Didn't realise he was 31 actually. LTFC's Davy O'Sullivan made a similar step up, though I suppose he was on the fringes for a couple of LOI clubs previously. Been more of a marked man this season but has still managed 20 odd goals and several assists.
    Mark is a great lad. He gives 100% all the time and when he scores he just walks back to the centre circle. I've also never seen him stay down injured which is amazing considering how he plays. I also haven't manage to figure out how he's gotten the better of ever centre half in the air despite only being 5'10". An amazing player and a shame that he hasn't been playing at this level for longer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Mark is a great lad. He gives 100% all the time and when he scores he just walks back to the centre circle. I've also never seen him stay down injured which is amazing considering how he plays. I also haven't manage to figure out how he's gotten the better of ever centre half in the air despite only being 5'10". An amazing player and a shame that he hasn't been playing at this level for longer.
    Mark might not be the most technically gifted but he puts in110% in every game. Never lets you down. He has been a top intermediate player for the last number of years but never really got the recognition he deserved. Was over looked on numerous occasions for the Irish amateur team but I did win some caps and don't think he ever received intermediate player of the year. You know when your playing against Mark your in for a right battle. He had a spell at City previously but did not get a break so returned to Avondale

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Mark might not be the most technically gifted but he puts in110% in every game. Never lets you down. He has been a top intermediate player for the last number of years but never really got the recognition he deserved. Was over looked on numerous occasions for the Irish amateur team but I did win some caps and don't think he ever received intermediate player of the year. You know when your playing against Mark your in for a right battle. He had a spell at City previously but did not get a break so returned to Avondale
    Yeah, I remember his last spell. It didn't last long. I heard that he had work commitments or such and he couldn't commit himself properly. It's a shame either way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast