Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Richie Partridge

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Played superb when he came on and set up the first goal with a lovely through ball. He turned 24 recently and since Owen left he's the longest serving player at Liverpool AFAIK.
    Doesn't that say it all, longest serving player and all of 2 first team appearances.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MickCollins
    Doesn't that say it all, longest serving player and all of 2 first team appearances.
    99% of the blame goes to Houllier, the other 1% goes to his injury proneness.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    99% of the blame goes to Houllier, the other 1% goes to his injury proneness.
    Partridge has to take some of the blame himself. Is he happy to stay at Liverpool and not play? He could have left a long time ago and proven himself with another team. I hope the guy makes it because he is supposed to be good, but he has to take some responsibility for the situation he's in.
    'He's pulling him off! The Spanish manager is pulling his captain off!' _ The madness of George

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by on_me_head_son
    Partridge has to take some of the blame himself. Is he happy to stay at Liverpool and not play? He could have left a long time ago and proven himself with another team. I hope the guy makes it because he is supposed to be good, but he has to take some responsibility for the situation he's in.
    I agree with most of that but i just think Richie was just naive enough to believe Houllier's bull as well. Houllier was always very complimentary of him without ever considering for the first team. Wound me up Houllier did and i don't even support Liverpool.

barglee
    Give the guy a chance,
    He's been plagued with injury and had a good spell on loan to Coventry.
    i don't think he'd still be with liverpool if he didnt have potential.

Anyway some the greatest talents in world football only rose to fame during their mid twenties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by on_me_head_son
    He went out on loan at the age of 22. After that good loan spell he would have expected a chance to prove himself but not soon after he got injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    from liverpoolfc.tv

Rafael Benitez said he was impressed with the performance of Richie Partridge when he appeared as a substitute against Middlesbrough and said he is a player that could come into his thoughts this season. Benitez felt Partridge made a very posititive impact on the match and he set up the first goal for Neil Mellor. Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We were not playing so well in the second half and with Partridge we have another possibility to play wide, and he played well. "He has been a long time without playing with his injury and for him it was important to play. He gives us more possibilities and he got into the box and was always a danger. "It is important to see the players of your town in the case of the Academy players playing in the first team. I think if it's possible and if they have enough level for us then I think we can use the players more. It depends on the players."
    Seems he might get a league game soon! Considering the form of Harry Kewell (or the lack thereof) it might be sooner rather than later

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal81
    I heard Richie Partdridge played for the Pool last night. Slow burner or in the last chance saloon? He's still meant to be some talent but how he can't get into a ropey Liverpool team is beyond me.
    He's been injured for the best part of his Liverpool career Donal. Benitez has told him after his impressive performance(albeit 20mins) the other night he will have more "possibilities" as the season progresses. Ropey Liverpool Team? I'd prefer to call it a developing Liverpool team Let's hope Ritchie breaks through and Michael Owen's sister doesn't hamper his comeback with too much late night excesses
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I hope Richie can keep doing the business..

Partridge flies high on return
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independe...issue_id=11677

FORMER U-21 international Richie Partridge is back in business after his latest injury nightmare.

The popular Dubliner returned to action on Wednesday night when he came on as a substitute in Liverpool's 2-0 win over Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup.

And he made an immediate impact as he provided the cross that allowed Neil Mellor break the deadlock after 83 minutes. His appearance brought to an end a nine-month lay-off after he tore his anterior cruciate and medial ligaments.

"I knew I was going to be in the squad earlier in the week when I was included in the set-piece work and it was great just to be on the bench.

"I was warming up with John Riise when I was called down and told I was going on. It was great to get on, although it was hard to find my feet because the pace of the game was so fast.

"But it was nice to make a contribution and supply the cross that Neil Mellor got our first goal from. That was very satisfying," said Partridge.

There is a room in the Colorado clinic used by the famous American knee surgeon Richard Steadman that contains autographed pictures and jerseys from sports stars grateful that he saved their careers with his skills.

There will soon be an addition to the collection as Partridge plans to send his jersey from last night to Colorado.

"He was unbelievable. Once I spoke to him I realised that I was in good hands and any worries I had disappeared.

"There are hundreds of jerseys and pictures from most of the world's top stars and I've a shirt ready to go over," said Partridge.

The 24-year-old Dubliner is now hoping that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will give him the green light to go out on loan in the coming weeks.

"He has now seen me play for the first team and I know I need first team football. I had a great spell at Coventry two years ago and that helped get me a new contract at Liverpool so I know it will only do me good," said Partridge, whose current deal expires at the end of the season.

Last night was only Partridge's second appearance for Liverpool's first team even though he is one of the longest serving players at the club.

But he's hoping that Wednesday night was the first step towards finally nailing down a permanent place in the Anfield first team.

Gerry McDermott

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "I had a great spell at Coventry two years ago"

It's a shame that this is seen as a highlight as I reckon he's better than this. Here's hoping Benitez recognises the talent.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal81
    "I had a great spell at Coventry two years ago"

It's a shame that this is seen as a highlight as I reckon he's better than this. Here's hoping Benitez recognises the talent.
    Having talent isn't enough you need the hunger to succeed which Partridge doesn't seem to have, he is quite happy playing in his comfort zone of the Liverpool reserves - he won't amount to anything.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by what biy!
    thats abit harsh. his confidence was been taking blows for the last couple of years and also with houllier, he wasnt much help. lets see how he gets on this year.
    He knew where the door was...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    richie has in fact only played 2 senior games for liverpool

both league cup games. one away to stoke and the one ,last week

he was never going to get a run with ged and was only back in the reserves getting fit this season before being out for 3 weeks. having said that it's unlikely he'll play league ball for some time. I can't see hiim getting a game when gerrard and nunez return to the pool side.

league cup and fa cup games at worst. to be fair he's just turned 24 as EB said. one way or the other it's make or break this season. if he hasnt' played 10 senior games by may he has to leave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree totally. He hasnt played that much and should at least look for a loan to another preimership club or championship club. Or just get a transfer full stop. 24 isnt young and its make or break season for him this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    I agree totally. He hasnt played that much and should at least look for a loan to another preimership club or championship club. Or just get a transfer full stop. 24 isnt young and its make or break season for him this year.
    Why not eL?

b_mcsweeney
    richie was starring for the reserves but for all of houlliers praising him to the moon it was getting clear that he was never going to give him a break. i reckon he'd have left liverpool after his loan spell at coventry but, as mentioned above, he's had a plethora of injuries over the last 2 years, the most serious of which was the broken leg. hes only just back and the word was rafa wanted him to go on loan (notm forrest were mentioned) to get some match practice. however, having done so well in his cameo against boro in the league cup, hes thinking about hanging on until the quarter final against spurs at least. i reckon if he continues to impress in the reserves (he played monday against wolves) he must have a chance of making the squad for the first team at least. then, if he gets 20 mins at the end of the next game liverpool are throwing away against the likes of birmingham and impresses, who knows? if he doesn't start getting his game this year though, i think he'd definitely want to look to move on (which, again as pointed out earlier, since hes on a one year deal should be easy enough to do). he is married to micheal owens sister, far as i know. oh, and i woulda thought jamie carragher would be at least as long serving and probably longer than richie, but open to correction on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b_mcsweeney
    oh, and i woulda thought jamie carragher would be at least as long serving and probably longer than richie, but open to correction on that.
    yeah, he's actually there longer. I'm sure Richie's one of the longest serving plaers though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    He'll start against Spurs in the League Cup, and it's up to him to grab his chance there. Right midfield is a problem for Liverpool this season, so if he grabs his chance, he has every chance of making those 10 appearances.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    He'll start against Spurs in the League Cup, and it's up to him to grab his chance there. Right midfield is a problem for Liverpool this season, so if he grabs his chance, he has every chance of making those 10 appearances.
    Ya,the wing positions are problem for liverpool so you never know.

Is Nunez a winger,he seems to be nearly back to match fitness,don't know if he's any good though?
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Kerr - legend !
    Partridge reveals Kerr helped through the bad times
    18/11/2004 - 16:28:11

http://breaking.tcm.ie/2004/11/18/story176541.html

Richie Partridge has revealed he still has high hopes of playing for the Irish international team - and Brian Kerr helped him keep his spirits up when when he was injured.

Dubliner Partrige recently made a return to first team action with the Reds after a five-year absence, coming on as a substitute as Liverpool beat Middlesbrough 2-0 in the Carling Cup.

It was the winger's first appearance with the senior team at Anfield since 1999.

And Partridge, recovering from serious knee injury, has revealed Irish boss Brian Kerr helped him on his way back.

“When I was injured he called to tell me to keep my head up. When I was injured, and things were really getting me down, that was a big boost,” says Partridge.

Now on a one-year deal at Liverpool, Partridge reveals he is still focused on making it at Anfield - and of representing Ireland.

“Obviously like any player I would love to play for my country. I was on the bench for a senior match before and it would be a dream come through for me to play,” he says.

* See Martin Claffey's Eye on the Irish column on www.breakingnews.ie for full interview.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast