Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1301

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    I live in the UAE, I can’t do ****. I’m getting ready do plenty in Copenhagen though so don’t worry.
    I hope you bought your ticket through the Danish FA.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I hope you bought your ticket through the Danish FA.
    Did last time but won’t be this time, what’s it to you anyway?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Did last time but won’t be this time, what’s it to you anyway?
    Just curious as to whether sticking it to the FAI includes putting money in their bank account.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Well either I pay and make a impact in protesting or someone else will come and do nothing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Fantastic. I wish you'd protest me too while you're at it - could do with a few extra quid.

6. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Fantastic. I wish you'd protest me too while you're at it - could do with a few extra quid.
    Moving the goal posts again I see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That phrase doesn't mean what you think it does. And the fact you think I'm actually trying to have a serious discussion with you is mortifying.

9. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Latest revelation is payments of €60k from the FAI to Delaney's then girlfriend for consultancy. Said girlfriend denies receiving any money. Transaction was approved by Cody and Murray off the board. Cody was asked about it by the Times, but his solicitor answered -

“He would require the authorisation of the FAI board to release that type of information into the public domain and also the consent of the employee,” O’Higgins said. “This is not a confirmation nor is it a denial. He has obligations and responsibilities that he continues to take seriously. Cody has a sense of integrity, probity and doing things in the correct and appropriate manner. That will not change.”
    Sounds like it already has there, in fairness.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    What would Susan Keegan have been consulting on anyway? What's her job?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    She has a pretty low profile, if media reports are anything to go by. None of the press coverage I've seen so far even has a photo of them together, and no details of career, where she lives, what she's doing now. It's only fair to point out that she has denied ever receiving the money, and, tbh, with what we know of the FAI, I'd have no reason to doubt her. Which opens up a whole new level of trouble for somebody (and I think we all know who...)

This is like death by a thousand cuts. A constant drip of info. All from the protected disclosure? Or was the 100k just the wrong block in the Jenga tower and it's all come crashing down?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    She has a pretty low profile, if media reports are anything to go by. None of the press coverage I've seen so far even has a photo of them together, and no details of career, where she lives, what she's doing now. It's only fair to point out that she has denied ever receiving the money, and, tbh, with what we know of the FAI, I'd have no reason to doubt her. Which opens up a whole new level of trouble for somebody (and I think we all know who...)

This is like death by a thousand cuts. A constant drip of info. All from the protected disclosure? Or was the 100k just the wrong block in the Jenga tower and it's all come crashing down?
    It just seems to me that this is yet another case of hubris finally getting its man.

If he had not been so thick-headed he may have gotten away with it. But the sense of entitlement and assumption of power is what's bringing him down.

It's glorious.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Combined with the article on Sunday this has a smoking gun feeling about it

https://extra.ie/2019/04/21/news/iri...pression=trueq

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    Combined with the article on Sunday this has a smoking gun feeling about it

https://extra.ie/2019/04/21/news/iri...pression=trueq
    It sounds ominous for sure. Reading between the lines if public funds were used to settle a personal dispute then there will be consequences. There is also the example of a LoI club that had 2 seperate sets of accounts and were penalised by the FAI's independant licencing committee so it would be a case of of the FAI behaving in a manner in which they took a dim view of a member of their organisation doing similar. In accounting terms can payments be retrospectively named eg professional services to compensation for something like unfair dismissal? There will be a paper trail, or more pertinanly a lack of one easily identified by the 'payee'. Things sound like they are getting damn serious and moving from poor governance in to the the realm of fraudulant activity.
    Revenue were always going to look and see if any expenses were a benefit in kind and if they were declared by individuals after the cash witdrawal reports on the company credit card especially, it would take a seriously organised person to have receipts that would prove that 6k cash was spent on football related expenses imo. Repayment of backdated taxes and a fine might be the least of the worries. It also seems to me that these are bigger stories than the initial 100k loan, so the unwillingness to engage on that issue has cranked up the scrutiny of finances in general and the wall of silence has backfired in a big way! Potential whistleblowers who feared speaking up in the past will be enboldened, people with an axe to grind for whatever reason will come forward. This is probably why there is a drip feed of these things rather than a newspaper sitting on info and publish it gradually to sell papers.
    If there is a shrewd operator behind the scenes at the FAI who wants change in the organisation, gradually leaking info will keep the spotlight firmly on the former CEO. Possibly hoping for the impact of JD walking away and not look for a golden handshake or big pension, if he has any sense this could well be the sensible thing to do. I cant see the likes of Rea Walshe jepordising her career and reputation if she comes in to information as Interim CEO and not pass on what she knows and the same would go for other board members and staff, past or present especially in the finance department. For all the cronyism that might have gone on they will go in to self protection mode and shop any old pals.

For Delaney, he may have done himself out of the opportunity to seek registration with one of the professional accounting bodies, he could become too toxic for future companies/organisations to employee him and his term of office with UEFA will expire with no opportunity to get reelected. Its will be a serious culture shock when he realises that he will have no clout, possibly no job, could face a hit to his finances in fines and maybe worse. No more jollies with a bunch of people messaging his ego. He will have to actually work for a living maybe in the bakery he has a 20% share in.
    The level or arrogance is astounding when you consider the potential risks being taken - digging a hole deeper and deeper thinking that constant denial might convince people of no wrong doing where a thorough investigation might suggest otherwise. Its amazing how smart people can get blinded by power and greed and not keep their bibs clean knowing theyre on to a good thing like having a job that pays 400k or so! After all the political scandals of the past public opinion wont be kind either and gone are the days of the Irish grá for the adorable rogue! All those injunction tactics are done for him where media outlets wont baulk at reporting for risk of a legal bill. There could well be new reporting on old stories that would be consider in the publics interest. Celebrity associates will gradually put some distance between them. Its all change for John. Even the OCI stuff could resurface and he cant bail to Brazil to get out of the media glare....

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    JD is being brought down over the €100,000 loan in the same way that Al Capone was done for tax evasion.
    It was probably the least of his offences but as someone said above it was the wrong Jenga block.

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    A true fan will be doing just that in June when he travels 6 hours to support his team and make his voice heard unlike you who will be likely sitting on the couch after falling for the FAI’s tactics of keeping us quite during the summer infront of UEFA.
    Very well said, nothing better than sitting on the couch, thinking up things to write on an internet forum while watching Ireland play. Nowadays you can do it all at once with something wireless on your lap!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I heard a good one over the weekend from two different sources that the provincials behind Delaney believe he is being used, and the fai to a lesser extent, by politicians to distract from the national childrens hospital.

That in itself means he and the board members more importantly still have the backing at the next EGM/AGM. So nothing changes until its members change.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Everybody who has previously been a ceo in the FAI has undergone a toxic cleansing of sorts, reborn as Dazz white shining knights without having to do any rehab, it's just a side effect of the Delaney shambles.
    Ex ceo Brendan Menton has been quoted in the Irish Times fearmongering about government interference in FAI which could lead to FIFA sanctions, but that's a load of bollíx, typical of one who once spoke FAIspeak. Nevertheless his axe must grind against the FAI and Menton asks two pertinent questions
    1. How could the Honorary Treasurer not be a signatory on the €100,000 cheque repaying Delaney’s loan? Was this in accordance with the bank mandate?

2. Who changed the previous policy, which forbade personal expenditure on FAI credit cards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    If an electronic remittance was seen for the payment to Delaney, then it was likely an EFT transfer, probably part of a regular supplier pay file. The honorary treasurer wouldn't be signing off or reviewing those

26. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    If an electronic remittance was seen for the payment to Delaney, then it was likely an EFT transfer, probably part of a regular supplier pay file. The honorary treasurer wouldn't be signing off or reviewing those
    Does that not depend on the terms of the Bank mandate? The terms of the bank mandate according to Menton would require a second signature for a sum of money to be paid out over and above an agreed figure. According to Menton the Eur100k figure is well above the agreed minimum figure.

I know this is the FAI but WTF when it comes to a wire transfer of Eur100k from the bank account. Does the bank say yes yes yes to some random low life FAI official or do they ask for a second authority, a second signature according to the bank mandate that Menton refers to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    You would likely need two online banking authorisations, but I would be surprised if the honorary treasurer was one. He'd be too inaccessible. The Director of Finance would probably be one. Delaney would likely be another, but there'd be others too. Rea Walshe possibly. Somebody senior like that.

29. Thanks From:

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast