Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The problem about YBIG is that they have a high profile so therefore they are considered the default pulse of the Irish soccer supporter which as the hipster denizens of Foot.ie will attest is not true at all.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I know the cliffnotes version of it. I know that someone who is supposed to represent us, and routinely makes a fool of himself, on foreign trips was caught red handed singing sectarian songs.

The Irish national team has Protestant fans too. It is embarrassing that a man of his stature is marginalising them like this.

His girlfriend/wife deserves better than the vitriol she is getting on that site but it is par for the course there, unfortunately.

Republicans and nationalists can be Protestant too. I think the word you meant was unionist and then that statement makes no sense then. Never equate religion with political persuasion and never do it on this site. You may have another new assh0le ripped for your good-self. I take everything else you said though.

Republican songs offend even myself and I'm a Nationalist. But the offence is usually of the musical variety and of the fact that it's usually some sh1tehawk in a Celtic jersey singing them.
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 27/11/2014 at 5:39 PM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    The problem about YBIG is that they have a high profile so therefore they are considered the default pulse of the Irish soccer supporter which as the hipster denizens of Foot.ie will attest is not true at all.
    Foot.ie is representative of very little when it comes to the national team.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Apologies, I didn't see them, I was going on newspaper reports, some of the language there is pretty abusive and totally undeserved. I didn't see the posts on YBIG either.

I'd still be curious to see what was "retweeted and stuff like that". You really should stand beside what you post online

Probably not, but it's the sort of thing a girlfriend would post about her partner fairly regularly. I had a look through her page, and I didn't see any evidence that Delaney does use it as his own account
    Will get it later Stutts if that ok
    Edit: this tweet on newstalk after that cringing interview @PatKennyNT @NewstalkFM @EmmakEnglish perhaps delaney shud not be using his "girlfriend" to hide behind. coward. man up to the fans, muppets

It's well within my rights to retweet or reply to any thing that's posted on our dear leader JD. Anything else doesn't concern me. I am not searching the deep net for whatsherface (cant even remember her name), but if you type in JDs name her tweets relating to his great work are fairly common, or at least were. She works in PR ffs

You are only fooling yourself if you think dear John doesnt have a word in her ear, that's naive. Remember this is they guy who cant get enough of the limelight.

I did make this pic for Halloween.
    jd the ghoul.jpg
    Last edited by bennocelt; 27/11/2014 at 6:37 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The only thing I can say about the BIG discussion board (because I don't go there) is that since its advent, we don't have to suffer that self appointed supporters rep moron being interviewed on national media.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Will get it later Stutts if that ok
    Edit: this tweet on newstalk after that cringing interview @PatKennyNT @NewstalkFM @EmmakEnglish perhaps delaney shud not be using his "girlfriend" to hide behind. coward. man up to the fans, muppets

It's well within my rights to retweet or reply to any thing that's posted on our dear leader JD. Anything else doesn't concern me. I am not searching the deep net for whatsherface (cant even remember her name), but if you type in JDs name her tweets relating to his great work are fairly common, or at least were. She works in PR ffs

You are only fooling yourself if you think dear John doesnt have a word in her ear, that's naive. Remember this is they guy who cant get enough of the limelight.

I did make this pic for Halloween.
    jd the ghoul.jpg
    Fair enough, nothing you would consider abusive there, but there really is no need to @-include her in the discussion. Like I said, she's just his partner, she's done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be dragged into the discussion at all

I never said he doesn't speak to her, or even to mention his work on his behalf, but it's equally naive to assume he has control of her account, even moreso when she works in PR - they're given extensive training on securing their social media accounts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Fair enough, nothing you would consider abusive there, but there really is no need to @-include her in the discussion. Like I said, she's just his partner, she's done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be dragged into the discussion at all

I never said he doesn't speak to her, or even to mention his work on his behalf, but it's equally naive to assume he has control of her account, even moreso when she works in PR - they're given extensive training on securing their social media accounts
    I understand but isn't she also putting herself out there when she appears with him in the newspapers, on the tv, spreading his propaganda, etc.
    Who is using who for publicity?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    good question, I have to admit when their relationship was first announced, I did wonder the same. Two minutes later I stopped caring about it.
    I hope If he's learned anything from this mess, it's to get out of the public eye as soon as possible.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I hope If he's learned anything from this mess
    Hahahahahaha.

it's to get out of the public eye as soon as possible.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Ken early piece
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...self-1.2017995

This piece is interesting!

"Delaney warned on Tuesday that the “backlash” against Malone was beginning. On Thursday, Delaney’s partner Emma English retweeted several messages criticising Malone and The Irish Times."

15. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    That's Malone told off now, I hope he can recover his equilibrium soon.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    She's deleted her account now. In PR, you can't not have a twitter account, so I expect her to have a new account soon.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Are you happy now, Benno????

Seriously, regardless of people making horrible comments about her, her conduct has been bizarre for a PR person. Goes to show how much of PR is about knowing the right people rather than actual talent.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Does she actually know people and tell the difference between right and not right people? that's an achievement in itself.
    I'm struggling to know my dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well she knows Delaney apparently pretty well so I'd say her radar is a bit off at least.

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    it's weird that we assume she's some classic bimbo type,
    we are totally sexist here but I suppose that's okay .....here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    To be fair, I never assumed she was a bimbo, I just inferred it from her exact words and behaviour.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Are you appealing for me to exercise something called fairness or should I infer that for the most part you are unfair, if you have to flag when you are being fair.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Met her briefly at that do two months ago, my impression was that she seemed pretty shallow...but it was literally a cursory introduction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Both, to be fair.

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast