Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1301

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Noise from Ministers that they want the FAI in front of the commitee again. Not sure what good it will do really.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The media sources inside the FAI are revealing differening payouts of €200k, €300k, €400k UK Times, topped off with €500k Irish Times.
    I suppose that suggests there are many sources but only one true source or they are all having a guess (for a price).

As Stu suggests the report is coming out soon and more dirt might be revealed, if so it would put Conway in even darker shades with this extravagant pay out figure, probably 374k the equivalent of 3 years wages on current salary contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Emma has given poor John the bullet.
    That didn't take long

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Classic Healy-Rae: "I'm going to say what other people won't find popular" and proceeds to kiss JD's feet for five minutes. When its pointed out that he hasn't asked any questions, he lashes out. "You're an embarrassment" Coppinger mouths.
    Missed this the other day, but Healy-Rae apolgised for his support of Delaney: https://www.thejournal.ie/michael-he...62268-Nov2020/
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    What a gob****e. "I didn't know." It was his ****ing job to ask, and he spent the time blowing smoke up Delaney's ass instead of following up on the red flags that had Delaney in front of him in the first place. But then, I doubt a political animal like himself operates all that differently from Delaney in the first place: patronage is everything.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Things have been a bit quiet on this front but he is still scrapping. Not getting all his own way though for whatever thats worth.

Last edited by tetsujin1979; 24/03/2021 at 7:09 PM. Reason: Embedded tweet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    On the topic of JD, I recall a popular terrace chant over the years. It went, "J--- D------ is a ******, is a ******." Sometimes, crowdsourced opinions are insightful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    If anyone would like to say Hello, JD's in Co.Galway today

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    The leopard never changes his spots...
    A management consulting company set up by former FAI chief executive John Delaney in the UK is set to be struck off within a week for failing to file any returns.

Outperform Now, a firm dedicated to providing consulting support for sports figures, first incorporated in the UK in April 2020.

Mr Delaney, who served as the FAI’s chief executive between 2005 and 2019, has been based in the UK since exiting the association amid a cloud of controversy regarding governance standards at the association.

The 53-year-old’s new firm has been served with a compulsory gazette notice, an order for UK corporates which sees a company struck off the UK companies register, most typically for failing to file accounts or an annual confirmation statement.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40326851.html

As an aside, another former FAI bigwig, Bernard O'Byrne, now with Basketball Ireland, is in hot water for posting (and then deleting) 'Black Dives Matter' after Sterling's penalty against Denmark.

FAI sure know how to select 'em!
    Last edited by osarusan; 10/07/2021 at 11:23 AM.

13. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    What do you mean a leopard never changes his spots? Failing to file a return is effectively saying you've nothing to return. It's just another way of winding up a company that's not made any money. It's fairly standard with companies house.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    What do you mean a leopard never changes his spots?
    That he continues to be a useless incompetent *****.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    The leopard never changes his spots...https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40326851.html

As an aside, another former FAI bigwig, Bernard O'Byrne, now with Basketball Ireland, is in hot water for posting (and then deleting) 'Black Dives Matter' after Sterling's penalty against Denmark.

FAI sure know how to select 'em!
    How do such morons get in to these positions to do what ( the damage ) they do ?

18. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Failing to file a return is effectively saying you've nothing to return. It's just another way of winding up a company that's not made any money. It's fairly standard with companies house.
    Certainly for the CRO in Ireland, that's not true at all. If you want a voluntary strike-off of a dormant company, there's a proper way to do it. After all, how would you know if the company hasn't made any money if there's no returns made?

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    What Bernard O'Byrne said is shockingly offensive. Just why is he still knocking around anyway? And in such a high profile role. For whatever reason, Ireland seems to produce more than its fair share of his sort I'm afraid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    What Bernard O'Byrne said is shockingly offensive.
    Is it though? I think you'd be a bit sensitive to find that "shockingly offensive". Ill advised for sure, especially for someone of his profile in sport, but a bit of perspective would do no harm here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Denigrating and trivialising the BLM movement a year after the historic George Floyd event and bringing Raheem Sterling's skin colour into the equation after a footballing incident, indeed implicitly judging and evaluating Sterling on the basis of his race - seeing his race first - is, I think, deeply offensive on a multitude of different levels. Would Kane, for example, have his racial background referenced in similar circumstances by the likes of O'Byrne?

Ireland are, apparently, decades behind on this issue, as O'Byrne's attitude seems to show. He's a high-profile administrative figure. He should know better, and we should expect better.

And there's nothing wrong with being 'sensitive' to the feelings of other people on the issue of race, in my view.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 10/07/2021 at 7:56 PM.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I think you're reading far too much into what was simply a silly pun, to be quite honest.

If the BLM movement survived the opportunistic looting and stealing we saw from too many (albeit a significant minority) of its protesters at the time, I think it can survive a stupid pun. People are far too quick to take offence on behalf of someone else these days (or pose irrelevant hypothetical questions - Kane didn't dive, and if someone said "Taking the Mick" or some other daft comment like that, I wouldn't give a ****e)

The idea that O'Byrne speaks for an entire country is just bizarre. And I'm not sure how you'd describe his actions if he actually had said something shockingly offensive. You know there's far, far worse things he (or anyone) could have said.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 10/07/2021 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Denigrating and trivialising the BLM movement a year after the historic George Floyd event and bringing Raheem Sterling's skin colour into the equation after a footballing incident, indeed implicitly judging and evaluating Sterling on the basis of his race - seeing his race first - is, I think, deeply offensive on a multitude of different levels. Would Kane, for example, have his racial background referenced in similar circumstances by the likes of O'Byrne?

Ireland are, apparently, decades behind on this issue, as O'Byrne's attitude seems to show. He's a high-profile administrative figure. He should know better, and we should expect better.

And there's nothing wrong with being 'sensitive' to the feelings of other people on the issue of race, in my view.
    100% agree.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Bernard O'Byrne's comments don't really have anything to do with Delaney, other than they both used to work in the same place.
    If you want to discuss them, please use the politics/current affairs forum

29. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Certainly for the CRO in Ireland, that's not true at all. If you want a voluntary strike-off of a dormant company, there's a proper way to do it. After all, how would you know if the company hasn't made any money if there's no returns made?
    Correct and to add to your point its actually a possible disqualification offence ( 5 years )

31. Thanks From:

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast