Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1301

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    If there was another oireachtas committee meeting, he could turn up "to abstain in person".

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Sure he's got better things to be doing. Those 2000 clubs won't visit themselves

3. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I’m sure he will explain to them exactly why their club no longer has any funding!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Now I can understand more why Brian Kerr goes from mild to fanatically ballistic in the blink of an eye when asked to comment about anything FAI and journalists like Dan McDonnell who has to witness this perfect disdain, face to face, year in year out.
    Seeing that charade live on stream was an education. It will be interesting to see how the 'chips will fall'.
    Quite frankly I wouldn't be that concerned, never mind climb on a high horse, about a publicly accountable company having a 100k in and out in a few months and it was forgotten about. It's the extent of the cover up that has turned it into a cesspit of arrogance and condescension.
    Delaney made an enormous error of judgement to go to the high court, a gaffe so imprudent as to be incomprehensible and that's taking hindsight into consideration

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It's the extent of the cover up that has turned it into a cesspit of arrogance and condescension.
    This is what I took from it too. They were going to sit there and brazenly stonewall and just not give a f**k about it, just see it through and let it all blow over.

Everybody might know now that they are a bunch of utter spoofers, but so what? Nobody can do anything about it.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    This is what I took from it too. They were going to sit there and brazenly stonewall and just not give a f**k about it, just see it through and let it all blow over.

Everybody might know now that they are a bunch of utter spoofers, but so what? Nobody can do anything about it.
    This is it exactly, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". Without the manipulation of using family court, very late of a Friday or Saturday evening is what piqued most interest. If he hadnt bothered it was a byline story. But that is Delaney's M.O. He takes everything down a legal route probably to discourage people of even bothering to do a piece due to the hassle. What is annoying me most is the constant patting himself on the back for doing stuff that is basically his job that he is more than well payed to do. And sure if these cutting the ribbon events end up with a few beers and a singsong sure he'd be in his element anyway!! It was a massive PR disaster today especially, to land in with a statement that wasnt, funnily enough, as per protocol in being provided in advance to the committee. Why he just couldnt have said we took a quick fix option and didnt think it needed reporting to the board and was payed back quickly. Stupid mea culpa and it wont happen again. Now there is a spotlight on the whole organisation, that we all have criticised and believed smelled a bit funky, but without a whole lot of concrete reasons that wasnt much more than hearsay and speculation.
    It seems that every decade or so there is something dodgy happens and perpetuates and deepends the mistrust. Coincidence or not its ironic that its been Joe and John that have been in the mix for the financial question marks. He is certainly lucky that there hasnt been more made of his association with the OCI and the Rio Olympic ticket incident...

There were some pretty shockingly rubbish politicians on the go today too! At least Munster, Troy, O'Dowd, O'Ceiligh had something about them, the rest just mumbled and fumbled mostly clueless rubbish.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 10/04/2019 at 11:50 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Was mentioned on the coybig forum but I think we should organize a protest outside the FAI sponsers.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Mouvement des Balles de Tennis

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    As long as people turn up to Ireland games, it gives these chancers the signal that what they're doing is fine with the general public.
    BOYCOTT ALL INTERNATIONAL GAMES.
    A protest should be planned for the opening game of the U17 championship also. If EUFA get wind of this commotion,Delaney will $hit the bed bigstyle as that's what interests him, ultimately.

14. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    As long as people turn up to Ireland games, it gives these chancers the signal that what they're doing is fine with the general public.
    BOYCOTT ALL INTERNATIONAL GAMES.
    A protest should be planned for the opening game of the U17 championship also. If EUFA get wind of this commotion,Delaney will $hit the bed bigstyle as that's what interests him, ultimately.
    We should just protest at every televised u17 game and while that goes on start planning a massive one for the final!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    I've been saying for years that matches at Lansdowne Road should be boycotted. Also, don't buy the replica kit. Why would you want it anyway, we're the only country with a sponsor on it.

If enough people boycott the matches at Lansdowne Road, then the FAI will be forced to lower the ticket prices to get bums on seats. It will hit the FAI financially, and that's ultimately all they care about.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I’m not getting the FAI’s loyalty to John Delaney. As said earlier, the listing of achievements yesterday was nothing beyond the minimum expected (if that) from the fulfilling of his paid duties, nothing extraordinary and nothing justifying this reverence. He parked the bus and threw everyone under it yesterday but there’s no internal challenge to Delaney’s standing and it is not under any question. How is that possible and how can an association with evident cash flow problems justify the creation of a new and extra and costly management position, a position they didn’t advertise, and allocate that to the person that has brought all this scrutiny and who’s actions have suspended Sports Ireland funding to the association? John Delaney needs to be got rid of asap but there also has be a stop to the structures that fostered and are bound to a John Delaney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    I thought the Treasurer was most telling. He hadn't a clue. Has the FAI always had a tax cert? Would need to check that. How many bank accounts does the FAI have? Would need to check that. Could you give us a guess? I think it's one. (It's 24)

He struck me as the kind of utterly useless committee type who's only delighted to be on the committee and to be a mover and shaker in football, to sort his mates out for a few tickets. If John goes, who'd sort tickets?

Remember too Delaney can give out grants of up to E5k by himself, with no further approval required - that's presumably a decent whack for a small club. A new set of kit or a new grass machine - whatever. Ignore the fact that the league structure in general seems to be an utter shambles - shrinking leagues, uncompetitive leagues, breakaway leagues, senior and junior/intermediate out of synch. So long as Ballygobackwards FC get a new set of kit out of John, then he's good. And the Ballygobackwards FC Chairman would be only delighted to be honoured with a spot on the FAI Board.

That's what it comes down to I think.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Does John Delaney need to be a member of the FAI to retain his UEFA seat? I can see a situation where he becomes a consultant to the FAI, independent of the board and orgainisation, but retains his UEFA membership. He then charges huge chunks of consultancy fees back to the FAI. All he has to do is ride out this storm.
    Last edited by Scrufil; 11/04/2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: omission of words

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    To be an employee of it, you mean?

The sideways step seems to be to duck the ****storm while keeping senior enough to allow UEFA hang on to him. Whether that's far as he can go, I've no idea. (I know we all like to bluff our knowledge online, but I think this is one area most of will have to admit to being completely in the dark about! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    i see the leinster snr lge have emailed all their members seeking their views on the current fai situation. hopefully a move in the right direction that other lges will follow

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Oh and I retain the right (of preclusion) to call the FAI an orgainisation, an orgyinisation, an organization or an ordinization - its a mess whichever way you spell it.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I wonder how big a deal that is. As Stu outlined above, I'd say a lot of the junior clubs would be happy enough with Delaney because of his perceived largess with grants. And of course, no one will want to be the only club calling for his head.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I wonder how big a deal that is. As Stu outlined above, I'd say a lot of the junior clubs would be happy enough with Delaney because of his perceived largess with grants. And of course, no one will want to be the only club calling for his head.
    i wonder how many junior adult clubs actually benefit from grants? i was involved with a club for 20 yrs and there was never a sniff of the opportunity to even apply for a grant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Pinapple stu, if Delaney was no longer an employee, as you rightly point out, then as a consultant the FAI would become his client.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast