Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Met her briefly at that do two months ago, my impression was that she seemed pretty shallow...but it was literally a cursory introduction.
    You really are an event groupie, AB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I heard the faithful on YBIG have been putting their feet in it again. Then again..... we are talking about the same standard of people that created and commented in a "Is Stephen Kelly black or white?" thread.
    Not to indulge its daftness, but I'm pretty sure I read (possibly on this forum) that he was of Maghrebian descent via his mother. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    The Irish national team has Protestant fans too. It is embarrassing that a man of his stature is marginalising them like this.
    Marginalising Protestant fans how exactly? Do you feel marginalised, Bonnie? Irish republicanism isn't anti-Protestant, nor is it pro-Catholic. It's an entirely secular ideology.

His girlfriend/wife deserves better than the vitriol she is getting on that site but it is par for the course there, unfortunately.
    Then why would the very few guilty parties be banned, the offending material promptly deleted and a charitable donation offered in apology?

Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    I did make this pic for Halloween.
    Attachment 2200
    C'mon, you know rightly that's downright insulting to the makers of Hallowe'en masks!

Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    it's weird that we assume she's some classic bimbo type
    Do we? Who assumed that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    The only thing I can say about the BIG discussion board (because I don't go there) is that since its advent, we don't have to suffer that self appointed supporters rep moron being interviewed on national media.
    What was that fella's name again?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Not to indulge its daftness, but I'm pretty sure I read (possibly on this forum) that he was of Maghrebian descent via his mother. Is that true?
    I believe it is, yeah. He mentioned it in some interviews a few years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    What was that fella's name again?
    Alan Hunter? The head of the Irish Supporter's Football Association, that nobody else could join or contact or confirm the existence of
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Do we? Who assumed that?
    I inferred it.
    I was chatting with Charlie.

Are you serious? Are we serious?

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    You really are an event groupie, AB.
    Hardly, I could barely avoid her, for that exact instant. Even I have a modicum of decdorum, on occasion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I believe it is, yeah. He mentioned it in some interviews a few years back.
    Hmm, so, just to get something straight here once and for all, that makes him what then? Black or white?...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Take it to the eligibility thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Alan Hunter? The head of the Irish Supporter's Football Association, that nobody else could join or contact or confirm the existence of
    That's the guy. Just seeing an old thread devoted to that chancer here: http://foot.ie/threads/22097-Alan-Hu...Irish-football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    Foot.ie is representative of very little when it comes to the national team.
    In what sense do you say that, Fly? Just interested in hearing why you think that. Is it that you think the opinions expressed here are "off-kilter" or is it that fewer posters from here tend to attend games as regularly as, say, a larger proportion of posters on YBIG?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That's the guy. Just seeing an old thread devoted to that chancer here: http://foot.ie/threads/22097-Alan-Hu...Irish-football
    I had to look him up and see if he's still going. This is the most recent comment from him identifying himself as leader of the IFSA, from March 2011: http://www.thejournal.ie/profile/0/h...ld-alan-11745/

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Does he have a twitter account?

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    In what sense do you say that, Fly? Just interested in hearing why you think that. Is it that you think the opinions expressed here are "off-kilter" or is it that fewer posters from here tend to attend games as regularly as, say, a larger proportion of posters on YBIG?
    Yeap, in a nutshell. And none of the YBIG lot I know regard themselves as 'super-fans', some were really just peed off with how the FAI handled the Scotland tickets distribution...as many have been to many games but didn't even get offered a ticket unlike the FAI's cronies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    My own reading of the situation is that there are a lot more people (not in YBIG) than we think who like and respect Delaney and they've been relatively quiet in all this. All of us who follow Irish football know exactly what he's like, and the main journalists seem to have finally started sticking the knife in, but like Blatter in FIFA Delaney has spent an inordinate amount of time building allies in Irish football (at our expense) and it will take a lot more than a media campaign and his glaring demonstration of his own utter incompetence and lack of intellect to oust him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Yeap, in a nutshell. And none of the YBIG lot I know regard themselves as 'super-fans', some were really just peed off with how the FAI handled the Scotland tickets distribution...as many have been to many games but didn't even get offered a ticket unlike the FAI's cronies.
    Their dissatisfaction was entirely appropriate and justified. The FAI's response is cop-out. Why not introduce a fair and transparent scheme like that operated very successfully by the SFA?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Well they claim they are going to...

As for Chas's post, yeah that's right but hopefully JD's recent antics will be published eventually in the mainstream media and then he will have to resign, at the very least due to embarrassment, never mind other implications...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Holy Moses lads...taking on any internet thing only furthers it. She is a nobody, looking for her 15 minutes.
    I love coming on here for the frankness of the Irish but other times I wonder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I had to look him up and see if he's still going. This is the most recent comment from him identifying himself as leader of the IFSA, from March 2011: http://www.thejournal.ie/profile/0/h...ld-alan-11745/
    I see he made it on to Prime Time in 2004:

Even Dunphy was asking who "this guy" was representing in mock exasperation by the end of the discussion, ha.

I found this post shedding some light on his background from YBIG: http://www.ybig.ie/forum/phantom-sup...26.html#430560

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast Green
    Hunter Claims to be the head of a body called the Irish Football Supporter's Association, with allegedly 50/70,000 members!

The Reality is that the IFSA doesn't exist outside of Hunter's mind, and the 70,000 list is apparently his daddy's database of anyone who's travelled on any sort of sporting trip (incl rugby) with his dad's firm since the year dot.

We therefore have one delusional individual going around saying anything he wants, claiiming to be representative of the views of Irish football fans. And the media have bought it. Comical really....
    Pretty sure that's co. down green from here. He's not been on in a while, unfortunately.

Anyone know which travel firm Hunter's father ran?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Well they claim they are going to...
    As Bonnie mentioned earlier, the proposed "solution" is something called Fans Direct: http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fans-...lications-open

Quote Originally Posted by FAI
    This is being established to provide those supporters who either do not wish to join, or do not have access to, the 23 Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Clubs (ROISSCs). It will provide a route for independent supporters to apply directly and be considered within this group for away match tickets. Tickets will be allocated within the Fans Direct database based on previous match attendance. It is intended that Fans Direct will be included in the current customer base considered for away ticket allocations, including existing ROISSCs, Season Ticket holders, Club Ireland members, FAI clubs and leagues, FAI Sponsors and the official FAI travel partner.

To manage this process we are now inviting applications from supporters who wish to join this group through fansdirect@fai.ie. For those without access to email, applications can also be made by post to Fans Direct, Football Association of Ireland, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown, Dublin 15. The process will be managed by the FAI's supporter liaison officer.

This system is intended to serve the needs of supporters during the remaining EURO 2016 campaign, anticipating that some countries have moved from providing 10% stadium allocations to 5% allocations.
    There's nothing transparent about it. It just treats those who apply for membership as if they were members of another supporters club, as far as I can make out. That's nothing like the system the SFA have in place.

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast