Results 1,561 to 1,573 of 1573

Thread: Hattrick

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici900 View Post
    I have to say i'm startin to think this isnt worth it. is there anyway i can get rid of my team. i lost a game 3-0 yet i had 72% possesion
    It takes a lot of patience but it's worth it when you see trainees improve and start to win games.

To have that much possession and still lose would have to be a bit unlucky.
    Have you read all the Newbie hints and tips?
    What formation do you play?
    Have you picked a training regime and got trainees and a decent coach?
    Sack every player you don't need. I only have 19 players. One goalkeeper. 5 Defenders (1 is my coach), 4 wingers, 6 Inner Mids and 3 forwards.

I think patience really is the key to the first few seasons.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    3-5-2 seems to be the preferred formation. If you pick that wingers are by far the most important. Only buy or train young players for the position you training. i.e. if training playmaking you can use older players as forwards.

Previously players over the ages or 21-22 would never improve again but after recent new training changes they can improve even if they older but not as quickly.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    get a new team, im not sure how good they track your IP address so i just done it in a net cafe, i bought a top-class player for less then 15k only to realise that his wages were 200k+ a week so my team was screwed really!!.

with my new team ive got a hard division. most teams have players with TSI of 10k+. i dont stand a chance and am defo getting relegated!. will stick it out and try build my team up though as ive been told everyone gets a crap team at the start and small ground!

havce conceded 22 goals and scored 3, 6 games in and 3 points
    Last edited by gilberto_eire; 27/08/2007 at 11:39 PM.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thats what happened to me i bought a top class player but his wages were 500k+. i sold him a few weeks later and im still in death
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici900 View Post
    Thats what happened to me i bought a top class player but his wages were 500k+. i sold him a few weeks later and im still in death
    Common mistake for newbies. The warning sign is player whose been transferred every few weeks. I nearly did this a couple of seasons ago but my bid was blocked due to lack of funds for wages.

Stadium capacity should be 20-25 times supporters club membership. Your biggest source of revenue will be always be gate receipts so ensure you build up your stadium as it will pay for itself & means more money to pay higher wages.

The Cup is also a good source of extra money. If you not concerned about the league & think have a chance against better team you could go Match of the Season for a few games. The downside is squad morale is murderous & league results will suffer even against poor sides. I did this a few seasons ago & got through to round 7, lost 3-2 to Premier side after being 2-0 up. Huge increase in revenue playing to either full houses at home or massive away stadiums.

Bring back Rocketman!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any one still playing?

First season in division 2 not going well for me with 3 defeats. Lead 2-0 today but lost 2-3 which is disappointing as good opportunity for some points. Team in poor form & crowds dropped as I am not winning. Have been able to play reserves in the cup so far but now is 1st team all the way.

Transfer fees are really high so really difficult to improve my team. All signs mean I will be back in division 3 next season. Only bright spark is I have midfield trainees who I have been training for long time & at least one should be good enough for 1st team later this season.

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Still playing and developing a nice little team. Made it to the 4th round of the cup for the first time. I'll be playing the reserves in the next game though cause I've no chance. Will be in the promotion shake up again this season, was second in the league last time, first before that, teams in my division getting much stronger overall, keeping it interesting. I'm in IV 43 still if you were wondering. wexfordexile.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On my third team, I seem to come back to it every 6 months, but I'm still doing terribly.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My best purchase was brilliant set piece midfielder but I just bought 2.8m defender with supernatural set pieces so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sold reserve for 1.2m to partially pay for. Another 3 players up for sale that should yield another 2.5m. Wages now a big problem as hard to make much profit on 2 week cycle which probably highlights the importance of trainees.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Haven't controlled my team properly in over half a year. Just keeping it alive with the odd log in in case I get interested again. Accumulated nearly €30m.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucanhoop87 View Post
    is the set piece skill important?? have to admit i always just disregard it and go for the normal skills defending etc..
    I did not train set pieces but existing midfielder scores a lot of free kicks & penalties than other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    Haven't controlled my team properly in over half a year. Just keeping it alive with the odd log in in case I get interested again. Accumulated nearly €30m.
    New fans feature could affect your team as they might get annoyed you sitting on transfer kitty. I am guessing 3rd division?

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post

New fans feature could affect your team as they might get annoyed you sitting on transfer kitty. I am guessing 3rd division?
    Got knocked down to Series V. My team is pure crap I haven't input selections in months and sold off the best players.

My fans can get angry because I'm not spending money? Sounds way too complicated.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucanhoop87 View Post
    whats your team id pete?? have you been playing for long??

did it take u age to build your team up??
    Rebel City (73508)

I was not organised properly for first two seasons at least. Took me long time to get out of division 4 but only 2 season in 3 (highest ranked qualifier) due largely to easy enough league.

Getting killed in division 2 so will be relegated this season. Poor form at start of the season meant a few loses & now can't buy a win. New fans feature means attendances down to 35k from full house 65k last season. Making a lose on every 2 week cycle so can't be sustained. Player transfer fees are also too high. I think they have really messes up the game engine.

You need to get some good young trainees & stick with one type (playmaking or defending probably best as can play 352 or 532) for 2 full seasons to get maximum value. If promotion out of reach put trainees into first team for maximum effect.

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879