Thread: best defender in the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Defender: Wes Charles
    Ha, He's ****e.That's why we got rid of him
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedBlue
    As for J.Bryne,he has got to be the most over-rated striker in the league.fair enough he scored 25+ league goals but you put Daryll Murphy,John O'Flynn,Kevin Doyle,Glen Crowe,Robbie Doyle,etc into that Shels side and they'll score that amount and more on top of it.How many times have we seen J.Bryne bottle it this season when Shels needed him and his goals most?????????
    How many times have you actually see Jayo play in the flesh ? One of the hardest working strikers in the league. Has everything need to be a top class striker. Great with both feet, excellent in the air, can run all day and is also a superb free kick taker.

Over rated my @rse !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Has to be Sean Dillon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    How so???Now had ye been playing Bohs,Drogheda or Cork maybe it would of been a title deciding game i.e. both teams having something to play for.What did Waterford have to play for????From what I've heard and seen of the game Bryne missed a hatful of chances and Shels should of been 5 or 6 up goin in at halftime!!!!

As I said in the post earlier you put the likes of Crowe,O'Flynn,Doyle,Murphy,etc in that Shels team and they're going to score goals.Any half decent striker is going to score goals given the service Bryne has recieved from his teammates this season.
    He choked bigtime when it mattered,in both ties in both legs against Depor and Lille!!!
    Thats crap he worked very hard but got no support at all.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats crap he worked very hard but got no support at all.
    How many chances did he miss in both legs against Depor and Lille?????
    I recall at least 2-3 occasions against Depor when he was 1on1 with the keeper and ****ed up big time!!

How many times have you actually see Jayo play in the flesh ?
    Well over the past 2 seasons,I've seen him play in the flesh alot more times than you have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Pat Purcell is a class player and no doubt our signing of the season. Rumours abound that Finnucane could be wearing the three ships on his left breast next season.
    Paul Finucane is muck. We'd be delighted if you snapped him up. He'll never make it in the Premier - no way. Absolute rubbish - trading off the name, that's all. No, you boys would be much better off holding on to your money for when a proper centre half comes along.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a bit of reverse psychology i feel L F C would i be right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    Has to be Sean Dillon
    Spot on there lad.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The best defender in the league is the Brute [Derek Coughlan]. He would head lawnmowers all day. Absolute beast of a centre half. Stephen Kennys best signing, and worst offload.

If Cork had him in their team this season, they'd be shining the league trophy by now. Coughlan is an absolute rock at the back, and he chips in with some goals as well

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohs til i die
    The best defender in the league is the Brute [Derek Coughlan]. He would head lawnmowers all day. Absolute beast of a centre half. Stephen Kennys best signing, and worst offload.

If Cork had him in their team this season, they'd be shining the league trophy by now. Coughlan is an absolute rock at the back, and he chips in with some goals as well
    jeeze he must have been on something when he was in dublin. he's strong and aggressive but he wastes a lot of ball. far from th best in the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How so???
    Because were it not for his winner, Cork would have an even better chance of pipping us. It's fairly simple really.

Now had ye been playing Bohs,Drogheda or Cork maybe it would of been a title deciding game i.e. both teams having something to play for.
    You mean like when he got the goal that finished Bohs title challenge this season? He's scored against all of the teams you mentioned there, twice away to Cork in a big cup game. What a choker.

What did Waterford have to play for????From what I've heard and seen of the game Bryne missed a hatful of chances and Shels should of been 5 or 6 up goin in at halftime!!!!
    You heard wrong, Shels should have been crusing but weren't clinical enough and most of the chances in question fell to Glen Fitzpatrick and Wes Hoolahan.

As I said in the post earlier you put the likes of Crowe,O'Flynn,Doyle,Murphy,etc in that Shels team and they're going to score goals.Any half decent striker is going to score goals given the service Bryne has recieved from his teammates this season.
    Yeah, the service relegated Bray provided Byrne must have been world class for him to score the amount of goals he did for them, then. One of the top scorers in the league the year they went down, and more goals for them than Doyle or Murphy has ever managed in the league if I'm not wrong.

He choked bigtime when it mattered,in both ties in both legs against Depor and Lille!!!
    How the hell does missing chances equate to choking? If he was a choker, Bray wouldn't have won the cup, and he wouldn't continue to score in massive league deciding and cup games. All strikers miss chances, how about Crowes sitter against Rosenborg in the first leg? His talent, like his cousin, is his movement and pace in getting the chances, that's why he had so many and why with more luck he would have scored. Remember the stunning save the Lille keeper had to make in the first leg and the penalty he could well have won away to Depor.

I recall at least 2-3 occasions against Depor when he was 1on1 with the keeper and ****ed up big time!!
    There was only one. You show me a striker who scorers every single chance he gets.

What Roo said basically. He's one goal away from beating Crowes all time highest league haul in a season, and probably finishing with one of the better league goals talleys in a season of all time for the LOI, and the league is better now than it was when Crowe got his 25, O'Flynn has never got within píssing distance of his talley this season or last season (In fact O'Flynns goals record matches that of Byrnes when he was with Bray) and Robbie Doyle, Murphy etc etc don't deserve to mentioned in the same breath as him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123