Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Croly leaves

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Incredible that no one on Soccer Republic challenged Croly's crock of s hit claim that Shams have only the fourth highest budget in the league.
    I doubt any of them would have any more of a clue than Croly did. Rovers, Sligo, Dundalk and Pats are all probably around the same, and most fans of each club would likely swear blind that their club has the lowest budget of the four. Sure Cork don't pay their players anything at all - they all just love being in Cork so much they do it for free.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I doubt any of them would have any more of a clue than Croly did.
    You are right on that one - Croly has not got a clue.

Rovers, Sligo, Dundalk and Pats are all probably around the same, .
    If you say it often enough, you might even begin to believe it.

(I know it's not fair to poke fun at the deluded or bewildered)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Likewise.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Fenlon confirmed so.

This'll be interesting. I never really rated Fenlon from his time at Shels. Yes, he won stuff, but I always got the feeling that with the money he had, his teams should have been better.

We shall see sure.
    Hes a money manager, needs the cash. Look at him with us and Hibs, crock of ****. No coincedence he won things with huge budgets at Shels and Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    And as if this forum wasn't ludicrous enough already, we now have a Derry fan claiming Fenlon didn't have a massive budget to work with there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hes a money manager, needs the cash. Look at him with us and Hibs, crock of ****. No coincedence he won things with huge budgets at Shels and Bohs.
    He was doing ok with Hibs, look what happened to them when he left
    Here on a technicality.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    And as if this forum wasn't ludicrous enough already, we now have a Derry fan claiming Fenlon didn't have a massive budget to work with there.
    He had a decent budget to work with, but sure as hell wasnt massive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    So you reckon he walked out on the triple league champions and moved his family half way across the country so he could work on a modest budget? That might sound somewhat plausible were it not for the fact Derry then bought up half the league and went bust a couple of years later.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    So you reckon he walked out on the triple league champions and moved his family half way across the country so he could work on a modest budget? That might sound somewhat plausible were it not for the fact Derry then bought up half the league and went bust a couple of years later.
    Triple league champions? That the same club that failed to pay him and many players weeks on end and ultimately got relegated despite winning the league. He didnt move his family anywhere, Fenlon himself moved up and commuted regularly from Dublin aswell, his family stayed put in Dublin. Derry bought up half the league? Our signings that year were Greg O'Halloran, Alan Moore, Dave Rogers, Karl Bermingham, Peter Hynes and Karl Moran (who went straight out on loan). 3 of those signings were within the LOI

That year we lost David Forde, Stephen O'Flynn, Shaun Holmes, Clive Delaney and Mark McChrystal. So clearly we signed a few players on a "massive" budget and signed half the league Maybe a bit of research before you talk nonsense will make you out less stupid eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yes, the club that gave him the massive budget you were talking about. Grand, I was wrong about moving up to Derry, but attracting players to move up from Dublin and the UK isn't cheap, as Fenlon and his successors found out. O'Halloran, Moore, Rogers, Doherty, Oman, McCourt, Morrison, O'Brien, Kearney, Stewart etc. weren't doing it for the craic. I just don't understand why clubs' fans always seem to have such a problem admitting their team has or had a big budget. As I pointed out, your club went bust because they were paying players so much they had to hide it from the association.

Anyway, this doesn't really have anything to do with Croly or Fenlon. Rovers will likely have the biggest budget going next season so we'll see whether Fenlon is capable of getting back to success.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I just don't understand why clubs' fans always seem to have such a problem admitting their team has or had a big budget.
    Like this poster?

Rovers, Sligo, Dundalk and Pats are all probably around the same,

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I am a unique seeker of truth and integrity in a sea of denialism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Yes, the club that gave him the massive budget you were talking about. Grand, I was wrong about moving up to Derry, but attracting players to move up from Dublin and the UK isn't cheap, as Fenlon and his successors found out. O'Halloran, Moore, Rogers, Doherty, Oman, McCourt, Morrison, O'Brien, Kearney, Stewart etc. weren't doing it for the craic. I just don't understand why clubs' fans always seem to have such a problem admitting their team has or had a big budget. As I pointed out, your club went bust because they were paying players so much they had to hide it from the association.

Anyway, this doesn't really have anything to do with Croly or Fenlon. Rovers will likely have the biggest budget going next season so we'll see whether Fenlon is capable of getting back to success.
    Did I deny we had a decent size budget? My point was our budget may have been big, but it was nowhere near what Fenlon had a Shels and Bohs. Also Doherty, McCourt, Stewart and Morrison didnt sign with us for massive money, and thats an absolute fact. The rest I dont know what they signed for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    I just don't understand why clubs' fans always seem to have such a problem admitting their team has or had a big budget.
    This has always had me bemused too. "We have no money" "Yes you have, we have less money than you" It reminds me of that old Monty Python sketch with the four yorkshiremen.

Anyhow, I have no problem admitting that Pats have literally squillions to spend, with free houses and cars for all our players (and extrta burgers for James Chambers)
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Did I deny we had a decent size budget? My point was our budget may have been big, but it was nowhere near what Fenlon had a Shels and Bohs. Also Doherty, McCourt, Stewart and Morrison didnt sign with us for massive money, and thats an absolute fact. The rest I dont know what they signed for
    No, you said decent but not on the scale of your competitors, which I think is just plain wrong as they had a budget to compete for the title with other free-spending clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Clearly not big enough that we couldnt attract the best players in the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What? You already had some of the best players in the league and you brought some more in. As you'd expect a big club like Derry to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    You really telling me the above signings were the best in the league? Your full of ****......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If you read my post further back, I've been talking all along about Derry's signings in the years around their collapse. Fenlon didn't buy well, but Kenny spent plenty of money bringing in quality players before and after his spell in Scotland. He did so because he had a big budget to spend. I don't buy that the Derry board unilaterally cut the budget for the time Fenlon was there. Usually the opposite happens when a new manager is brought in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345