Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus to Wexford

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

Bus to Wexford

Hi everyone, I'm sure you've all seen on the usual social media pages etc that we have a bus running to Wexford on Friday night but I thought of just throw it up here for anyone who might have missed it and I'd also like to thank everyone who's put their name down so far because at present we stand to bring our biggest ever away following down to Ferrycarrig Park so it's great to see the team getting such backing away from home. You can contact Kieran on 0831670304 to book your place if interested. Thanks.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Make sure the driver know the way this time!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Make sure the driver know the way this time!!!
    Thanks for that 😴😴😴😴

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Anyone driving from Dublin tomorrow?
    Sporting F*ck All!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Sorry can't help but train from Connolly at 16.37 gets into Wexford 19.05 Kick off at 8pm so that might be an option, lots of the players live in Wicklow/Dublin some of thier friends and family might be going maybe they could sort you out if you tweet them, no harm in asking

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    On we go again! Yet another clean sheet, 7 in a row and 8 in our last 9 I make it. Confidence must be sky high these days. Another long trip ahead next weekend, Cobh are improving but we should have too much for them. Touch wood.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Good win, performance wasn't as good as the past 2 weeks but the beach surface didn't help! Never looked like conceding and could of had another 3 or 4.

Anyone notice at the end of the game out on the pitch there was a lad in a Town track suit chatting to a Youths player and shaking hands with another few. I didn't recognise him as a current Town player, so I'm wondering if it's a new signing that we didn't hear of?
    Last edited by Town Legend; 12/07/2014 at 2:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Have to give the lads and Tony credit, unexpectedly wonderful turnaround in the past 2 months.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Credit where it's due. I was one looking for Cousins to be ousted, since then things have turned dramatically. Maybe I should take a bit of credit for that Defence is playing great stuff altogether. Going by his stint with Athlone last season it looks as if Lawlor's input has been immense.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 12/07/2014 at 2:32 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's hard to know how much of the outstanding defence is down to coaching and how much of it is down to Sullivan and Flynn as a pairing being ridiculously good for this division. Though as you say Athlone were very well drilled last year too once Lawlor came in so maybe he has been a big part of it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Just looking through twitter and noticed our former goalkeeping coach Joe Donohoe is giving Outspoken/Burko a bit of a bashing!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Paul Hunt deserve a mention as well, much more football being played with him in goal,(although maybe not last night) unbeaten sinse he has been first choice keeper, personally I thought we were pretty poor and Wexford were worse, but it's another 3 points so at the end of the game that's all we wanted

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Just looking through twitter and noticed our former goalkeeping coach Joe Donohoe is giving Outspoken/Burko a bit of a bashing!
    Saw that. I'm sure a man like outspoken must have taken worse abuse! On a related note Paul Hunt has by all accounts done little wrong in any of the games since getting into the team in fairness to him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Hunt looked dodgy against Galway and Shel's with one or two back passes but apart from that looked solid. Last night he was consistent with his back passes and caught 2 or 3 high crosses off Wexford heads in a crowded box. Has improved immensely from when he first joined us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Conor O'Brien was at the game and in a Town tracksuit. Maybe it was him you saw. I presume he's injured.

Not as good a performance as last week, but always looked in control. Hynes' miss at the end summed him up as a player perfectly. Shannon's hard work wasted by him. I hope the others on the team gave Hynes the slagging he deserved on the way home.

Interesting international addition to Section O last night. The young lad singing was gas as well. Ye certainly added a bit of noise to what would have been a quiet ground otherwise. Fair play, although the lad who roared at the locals a couple of times telling them where to stick their strawberries was an idiot. Embarrassing to listen to.

16. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    O'Brien was in a car accident a few weeks ago according to TC on Shannonside recently. He wasn't seriously hurt but he might have picked up an injury. Hunt is still young for a keeper in fairness what is he 22/23?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    You could be right, haven't seen O'Brien yet so that could of been him. As you said the young lad singing was hilarious but the fool who roared abuse was out of order. No need for it and reflects bad on the club to have an eejit like that come out with that crap. Section O bring a bit of noise with them which is well recepted but as a former Section O member myself I hope the other members gave him an earful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    You could be right, haven't seen O'Brien yet so that could of been him. As you said the young lad singing was hilarious but the fool who roared abuse was out of order. No need for it and reflects bad on the club to have an eejit like that come out with that crap. Section O bring a bit of noise with them which is well recepted but as a former Section O member myself I hope the other members gave him an earful.
    Great to see the young supporter involved in the chanting as well if you seen it he was only maybe 4 or 5 years old but section O incorporated him into a rendition of red and black army which was great to see. Juan is the name of our newest Spanish supporter and he is a hero some great new chants as a result. As for the tweets I haven't seen them so won't comment. As for the strawberries chant the young fella was only having a laugh to be fair as we really do get on so well with the youths fans who deserve huge credit by the way for the work they are doing down there, they doubled the attendance since our last visit.

On the game itself, very very comfortable and as I said on here a few times recently the best thing is we never look like losing games we know the least we go home with is a point. Expecting either a goal feast or a scrappy one goal win in cork next weekend which is already shaping up to be a great away day with interest high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    That 'young fella' or eejit as a lot of us might call him might of been having a laugh but as you said ye had a 4 or 5 year old in your presence and he comes out with crap like that. Not to mention all the other kids who were at the game. That's something you'd expect to hear Bohs, Shel's or Athlone fans to come out with. The Town pride themselves on been a real family club and chants like that only does harm. Ye had a strawberries chant which was funny and got a laugh even from the Wexford fans but when that eejit came out with his crap he embarrassed himself and made his fellow Town fans look bad. No need for it and I hope the respectable members in Section O had a word with him. Times like that on Friday made me realise I made the right decision not to go back to Section O.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    That 'young fella' or eejit as a lot of us might call him might of been having a laugh but as you said ye had a 4 or 5 year old in your presence and he comes out with crap like that. Not to mention all the other kids who were at the game. That's something you'd expect to hear Bohs, Shel's or Athlone fans to come out with. The Town pride themselves on been a real family club and chants like that only does harm. Ye had a strawberries chant which was funny and got a laugh even from the Wexford fans but when that eejit came out with his crap he embarrassed himself and made his fellow Town fans look bad. No need for it and I hope the respectable members in Section O had a word with him. Times like that on Friday made me realise I made the right decision not to go back to Section O.
    Fair enough I take your point but I feel the fact no one in section O joined in with the chant was pretty much a way of saying look just stop it so wouldn't expect it to happen again and again yes I totally get your point regarding young kids etc so that's fair enough.

As for the tweets regarding myself all I can say is yes I was one of the most vocal critics of TC but no one is more delighted than myself to see the team playing so well and I will be in tears of joy if we go up this season. The supporters have been excellent towards the team and TC in recent weeks with chants of Tony Cousins red and black army heard for the first time and I am delighted to see that so yes Joe is right that perhaps I might have gone OTT with some of my criticism of Tony but that's easy to happen when you've been supporting a team home and away for 12 years and love the club so much so that's all il say on the matter and hopefully wel see another great win Saturday night. C'mon de town!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast