Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Another top class report AOB,very disappointed with Regional,going on the sub changes they made it looked to a few of us ..sit in the stand..amateurs that they started the wrong team.Pike did enough to win,Hanrahan was excellent if a little too vociferious at times,Mullins and Enright well in control at the back.For a big club it was strange to see Pike with a squad of thirteen or had they players injured,suspended?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Thanks. Moloney was the only suspension as far as I know. McGrath was listed as a substitute but is apparently not fully fit so I didn't include him in the thirteen. They just don't have the personnel - simple as that. For reasons that I touched upon in the report.

Might be arguable that Regional started the wrong team alright - to an extent. McMyler is a good player, but not a winger. Young Patterson might have provided more of a threat out there had he started, even if he is very green. I was informed today that the shape was actually supposed to be a 4-4-1-1 with O'Doherty as a ten, but that's not the way the player looked to be interpreting his role. Certainly didn't appear to be looking to exploit those massive spaces in front of the Pike defence - if anything it was O'Brien dropping off to receive more often than not. They both appeared to be mostly playing off the shoulder.

Byron Fitzgerald would have provided more of a threat up there too, either on his own, or as one of a two. I know he's young and predominantly a B player, but he's got a lot of game time for the As this season and shone in that hammering of Carew in the quarters.

I think the best approach may have been Fitzgerald or O'Brien leading the line, with O'Connell as the ten, McMyler and Frawley holding and O'Doherty on the right. There's an argument to play Butler in one of the holding roles too to add some passing guile, but I don't know what the story was with Mike Reidy, in terms of whether or not he was fit enough to start at right back.

But hey, whatever, it's all academic now. And yes, you're right, Hanrahan was by far Pike's biggest threat. Again. Been consistently immense for some months now after a sluggish start. Even if he is a little too vociferous at times!
    Last edited by AlanOB; 18/05/2015 at 9:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Wouldn't really follow the Limerick District League, but do enjoy reading AlanOBs comprehensive reports on the games he covers... great addition to followers and fans of the League.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Another top class report AOB,very disappointed with Regional,going on the sub changes they made it looked to a few of us ..sit in the stand..amateurs that they started the wrong team.Pike did enough to win,Hanrahan was excellent if a little too vociferious at times,Mullins and Enright well in control at the back.For a big club it was strange to see Pike with a squad of thirteen or had they players injured,suspended?
    I agree the pike bench looked skimpy , it looked like a very young regional team from what I gathered leaving out calla could there be a bright future ??

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Brilliant AOB,great read that and reports all year excellent.

10. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cecil Pendergast Summerville manager, Aidan ryan the dines, mike shields pike manager and ray mac mahon Ashling manager should be an interesting season

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567