Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2014/15

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    ya was at the game ,Summervile to a man put everything into it and deserved their victory.Naughton scored a wonder goal which his overall contribution deserved.would not know the summervile team but no sign of M.keane,but they handled his abscence easily enough.Regional did not seem to have the heart for the game especially when 2-1 down, and had a player sent off,though imo should have had a pen in the first half and Summervile keeper made a few fine saves.another good report there AOB btw.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Pretty sure Keane has got work commitments which prevent him from playing every game.

Disappointed to hear that Regional heads dropped when behind. They've faded badly of late after a very promising start to the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    seems like the most competitive season in years

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Feet Up View Post
    seems like the most competitive season in years
    Balla 1-1 Summerville 1

We won 3-1 on pens.

Backing up our recent good form, credit our managers for keeping us going after the hard start. Honesty goes a long way in junior football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Anyone here that Nenagh Afc are heading into ye next season?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticlads View Post
    Anyone here that Nenagh Afc are heading into ye next season?
    Rumours gathering pace the last few days,big loss to Nth tipp league if it happens ,major implications for the Limerick league also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    Balla 1-1 Summerville 1

We won 3-1 on pens.

Backing up our recent good form, credit our managers for keeping us going after the hard start. Honesty goes a long way in junior football
    Very true, that was shown by ye last season, don't think many would have expected ye to reach the fai final at the start of last season but honesty and hard work can pay off ... a few handy players as well haha. Would be great to see someone other than Pike winning the league this season,I'd say most people apart from Pike people are bored of it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    [QUOTE=Fairkop;1796774]Rumours gathering pace the last few days,big loss to Nth tipp league if it happens ,major implications for the Limerick league also.[/QUOT

Seemingly its a done deal and their A-team we go into 1A at the start of next season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Very true, that was shown by ye last season, don't think many would have expected ye to reach the fai final at the start of last season but honesty and hard work can pay off ... a few handy players as well haha. Would be great to see someone other than Pike winning the league this season,I'd say most people apart from Pike people are bored of it
    Booster is a summerville man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Booster is a summerville man
    Is he? Could have sworn I seen him posting about Balla before, could be wrong though, my bad!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Is he? Could have sworn I seen him posting about Balla before, could be wrong though, my bad!
    It was a dead give away when he said "we won " as summerville won that game :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Are matches on this weekend?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Are matches on this weekend?

all off thank god.. as far as i know, no more games for premier teams bar those in fai munster and the oscar traynor until jan 4th... but touhy cup game between pike and crew goes ahead in jackman thurs.

shaping to be one of the most exciting leagues in years.. and both ends, most teams are capable of beating anyone on a given day, i think Janesboro will win the league, with Carew pushing them to the wire. At the bottom...its anyones guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Aisling's last two defensive displays really threw the cat among the relegation pigeons. Although they're still three off safety, with a game extra played, they look to be on an upward curve.

Summerville's recent form makes things difficult for them though. As does Corbally's - although the word is that they're due to lose a couple of key players in the New Year.

Many would see Regional involvement as unlikely, but they can't afford to be complacent, especially in view of recent results.

Haven't seen Knockainey yet this year, but their position at the foot of the table seems like the only certainty gong forward. Losing that lead away to Corbally a fortnight ago will be hard to recover from.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    good report AOB ,quality of football on show very disappointing at times,Carew clinical in the first half and overall fully deserved the win.not sure what Pike are at,manager did not seem to be present..[i.e.manager who can not stand in dugout i am informed],manager in the dugout taking advice from an ex manager outside the dugout,player discipline quite poor,and on the night the team lacked balance.very impressed with Alex for Carew.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hi lads, happy Xmas to all, can some one post the next premier fixture list please as I'm off an would like to get a few games in? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    good report AOB ,quality of football on show very disappointing at times,Carew clinical in the first half and overall fully deserved the win.not sure what Pike are at,manager did not seem to be present..[i.e.manager who can not stand in dugout i am informed],manager in the dugout taking advice from an ex manager outside the dugout,player discipline quite poor,and on the night the team lacked balance.very impressed with Alex for Carew.
    Ref wasn't up to much.IMO he wasn't giving second yellow to Colbert until Carew player got in his face.Carew full value for their victory though.Have seen this ref get intimitated by a lot if teams and does not seem to be able to handle it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Ref wasn't up to much.IMO he wasn't giving second yellow to Colbert until Carew player got in his face.Carew full value for their victory though.Have seen this ref get intimitated by a lot if teams and does not seem to be able to handle it.
    ya tbf the Colbert one was soft but Carew did what most teams would have done.imo the ref concerned is one of Limericks best.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast