Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 3-2 Defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

A 3-2 Defeat

After being 2-0 up aint premier Division material by a long shot, MAJOR MAJOR improvements needed IF,and that is now a big if, we manage to scramble up to the Prem- I'd be surprised if we managed to avoid bottom spot.

We are not Premier Division material I dont think.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Have to agree fully with what you say Stevo i feel going up now is only covering up the cracks. I have been saying for the last 3 years that i think Devo has taken us as far as he can and for the good of the club we need a new manager and thats nothing against Devo coz i think hes doen wonders its just nothing lasts forever we need change.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bray are putting 3rd spot on a plate for us in Kildare, but i dont think ye have much too worry about, we are just as bad as ye at the moment. We will get within 2 at the weekend but I cant see ye dropping points in the last 2 games. So ye should just be happy, ye are as good as in the Premier!
    county til i die

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    Have to agree fully with what you say Stevo i feel going up now is only covering up the cracks. I have been saying for the last 3 years that i think Devo has taken us as far as he can and for the good of the club we need a new manager and thats nothing against Devo coz i think hes doen wonders its just nothing lasts forever we need change.

10/1 odds saying you don't get slaughtered for that post. i get torn apart by the blind neanderthals for making comments like that. my first thread however long ago it was said he should be gone and i got attacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Blame the seagulls nest. 2-0 up when arriving and suddenly it all changes!!!!! hoo-doo or what. No but honestly we were shocking. We might as well stay down because we just are not prepared for the premier like HARPS and UCD...... C'mon bray you gotta get it sorted
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

shankilwanderer

Unhappy Devo our manager

I agree with what Rafa B has said about devo as our manager. Devo has been here to long, we have had our ups but we have had more downs, if he is there next year no dought we will be fighting to avoid the drop, probably fail and end up struggling for promotion the year after in the first division again unless something is done. What we need is someone with a new perspective on how to manage our team and get the most out of our lads in green.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shankilwanderer
    I agree with what Rafa B has said about devo as our manager. Devo has been here to long, we have had our ups but we have had more downs, if he is there next year no dought we will be fighting to avoid the drop, probably fail and end up struggling for promotion the year after in the first division again unless something is done. What we need is someone with a new perspective on how to manage our team and get the most out of our lads in green.
    I know who you are!!!!!!!! HEE HEE HEE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shankilwanderer
    He has done such great things for the club and i admire him for that but we have not made progress in the last couple of years(excluding the year we finished fourth in the premier) we need at least 11 new players, maybe more, if we have any hope of staying up next season,if we go up.... They thought they had it wrapped up the other night in dundalk and let the hosts come at them. just not good enough.... As for devo out!! Not yet,1 more year and lets see what he does, he could surprise us all.

shankilwanderer

Devo

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    He has done such great things for the club and i admire him for that but we have not made progress in the last couple of years(excluding the year we finished fourth in the premier) we need at least 11 new players, maybe more, if we have any hope of staying up next season,if we go up.... They thought they had it wrapped up the other night in dundalk and let the hosts come at them. just not good enough.... As for devo out!! Not yet,1 more year and lets see what he does, he could surprise us all.
    But then again he may not. He has lost it. Teams we should easly beat we draw or lose against e.g. Dundalk last night 2 up and lose 3-2. I agree we need new players, some of the players are not even good enough for the first division, so will Devo keep them next year or get rid of them I now know who you are : . KR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Foot.ie!

Devo's well past his sell by date. I'm sick and tired of watching his hoof-the-ball tactics. Football it ain't. Whatever happened to midfield?? Fox is this season's most disimproved player. Why was Gormless persuaded to stay on? Have you ever seen Skippy throw the ball to a full back? It's like he's been watching too many Charlton era Packie Bonnar videos. We'll be a holy show in the Premier, bottom by miles. So Devo, thanks for the memories (more relegations than I care to forget), now **** off!
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Last night

I'm one of the people who drift in on a Friday night with a couple of mates and then drift out again, so can't claim the passion of most of you.

I was at a conference in the North yesterday and skipped the evening session to get to Dundalk for the match. Unfortunately, I was late and 25 minutes had been played by the time I arrived. I obviously missed the best bits!

Their seemed to be little heart in the team. The heads seemed to go down as soon as Dundalk got their first goal and the body language suggested a team very unhappy with itself.

If Pat Devlin went, would anyone else do any better? There's no money, crowds have been dire this season; the crowd for the Limerick match in the summer was the worst I have seen in five seasons drifting into the Carlisle.

Don't know what the answer is - last night was depressing.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    *smiles smugly*

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bray Wanderers....

Lads

Would yiz ever get your team to get their fingers out and get promoted?
    It won't be as much fun up in the Premier without our derby games with Bray

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well its stomach turning to see the utter contempt and blatant back-stabbing that has seeped its way into what i thought were the loyal hearts of the bray wanderers fans. i have always voiced criticism when i deemed it necessary but it appears that devo has gone from the almighty leader to the vile judas of the carlisle ground. sure devo has not taken us to the heights that we as a club deserve but look at what he is working with. our players lack drive and heart and were too content just letting things play out rather than taking what was up for grabs
    if i had a nickle for every time i heard the word relegation i would have a lot of nickles-which are useless when you use euro's and just create small holes in your pockets..i pooped a kettle!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i fully agree we do need 11 new players on that field- IN THE STARTING LINE UP, well said tarzan1. but what we are missing is the fact that we lost due to the horrible lack of drive in our men. if sir alex himself had led us into battle we still would have lost. we are falling into the horrible trap of mistaking complacency with confidence!! im sorry to say it boys but some of you really need to cop yourselves on. all jumpin on the bandwagon to shoot devo down for brays collective failings. it cannot come back on just one man- GROW UP. we are a CLUB. from supporters to board to players to manager WE ARE A CLUB. and a CLUB that does not deserve a place in the premier!
    if i had a nickle for every time i heard the word relegation i would have a lot of nickles-which are useless when you use euro's and just create small holes in your pockets..i pooped a kettle!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i can't believe all you have turned around and agreed completely with what i've been saying. you've done nothing but slate me for my opinions on devo, and yet now that i'm proved right, you all agree! i've been saying since day 1 that they lacked heart and a premiership place would be wasted since we'd be relegated next year. its unreal. roo must be crying to his mommy.

at least have the balls to admit you agree with me now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry grrrrr, im 4king mad

actually seagulls4 i am the last man standing directly at devo's side. it seems a lot of our supporters are abandoning the 'man that made us', at the last moment. but regretably i must admit reading some of your previous posts and their general theme it seems a lot of your critics have become your peers. maybe its just my age but i feel their is much integrity to be found in loyalty. and it worries me how all loyalty has been abandoned now that the going gets tough. the definition of being a supporter is being their through "thick and thin". the ice is thin and we are throwing devo in the deep end-HEAD FIRST! im disappointed boys, open your eyes

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all hail king mad!

THANK YOU. i can't believe someone can actually see sense finally! its about time we agreed on something, even if it is something so sad! fair play to you standing for your beliefs and supporting devo. fair enough, you seem to have genuine belief in him. it just p1sses me off that so many who attacked me are now turning around saying he's crap, we need 11 new players, they've no heart etc. they're such dumb hypocrites its not even funny.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well dont start coming onto me or anything just cuz i said you were right, nobody likes a gloater! and dont go thinking i like you either your still one of the most offensive T.w.a.t.s that this forum has seen. its just somewhere underneath all your childish and abusive jargon, you actually have a point!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d_informer
    well dont start coming onto me or anything just cuz i said you were right, nobody likes a gloater! and dont go thinking i like you either your still one of the most offensive T.w.a.t.s that this forum has seen. its just somewhere underneath all your childish and abusive jargon, you actually have a point!!
    coming on to you? don't get your hopes up buddy. a little lovin might be all you need, but i can bet i'm too big for your dainty lil ass. i don't mean to gloat, its just pretty frustrating seeing all these fickle little johnny-come-lately fans, who clearly have no idea, like tarzan1, jumping on whatever opinion bandwagon seems to form around here. and its nice to see someone who can admit the truth. in tarzan1's own words, d_informer- sound. well, maybe not that far. but maybe he's the one coming on to you. you're well in there bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast