Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Division 1A 2014/15

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    hibs must be cracking up :confused stoneys son with town / tom mc dade with olympic and bernards fella out with Rineanna
    Well then they should have stayed as Newtown. . Think of the team they would have now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Well then they should have stayed as Newtown. . Think of the team they would have now
    agree with the staying as newtown part .. but dont think it would have made any difference with players staying or leaving as lads dont seem to really care who they play with today no loyalty to any clubs anymore

" football is a simple game "

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    agree with the staying as newtown part .. but dont think it would have made any difference with players staying or leaving as lads dont seem to really care who they play with today no loyalty to any clubs anymore
    I dont think that would have been the case if Newtown had stayed.. once 2 clubs join forces then there is less loyalty in my opinion..
    I remember the old newtown teams and they had all come up through the ranks.. we used to play them out in tiermaclane and had some battles with them.. always had great support too..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hibs must be cracking up :confused stoneys son with town / tom mc dade with olympic and bernards fella out with Rineanna
    The forms are out very early in Shannon this year..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNightOnly View Post
    The forms are out very early in Shannon this year..
    Will lads sign forms this early???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcat View Post
    Will lads sign forms this early???
    Doubt it, surely lads would want to see how trainings/squads are before signing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ah here we go again. Yet another summer of average player A signing for average/poor side B. You have to laugh Donal McGee is a good coach but every club he has been to has ended up either struggling for a team or finishing up. He will have success year 1 players will get bored year 2 and all of a sudden they will be struggling for a team because he got rid of the club men to play his own players. The only posts talking about players signing for clubs is from the Shannon teams yet again. Maybe if you all stop posting about the average players joining other clubs it would be to everyone's benefit. As I have said before the managers are worse for accepting it. They are small fish in big ponds. Let them do what they want. Half of them don't play because they love the game. They play because they love the attention they get. Give me the lesser players who will give 100% each training session and game and if I were a manager I'd be proud. Christ it's the same thing every year. Lots of talk no action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiscíoch View Post
    Ah here we go again. Yet another summer of average player A signing for average/poor side B. You have to laugh Donal McGee is a good coach but every club he has been to has ended up either struggling for a team or finishing up. He will have success year 1 players will get bored year 2 and all of a sudden they will be struggling for a team because he got rid of the club men to play his own players. The only posts talking about players signing for clubs is from the Shannon teams yet again. Maybe if you all stop posting about the average players joining other clubs it would be to everyone's benefit. As I have said before the managers are worse for accepting it. They are small fish in big ponds. Let them do what they want. Half of them don't play because they love the game. They play because they love the attention they get. Give me the lesser players who will give 100% each training session and game and if I were a manager I'd be proud. Christ it's the same thing every year. Lots of talk no action!
    gaiscioch

that's half the problem in Shannon 3 teams chasing the same players every year and some love the attention alright ,but I also think that a lot of the lesser players are now getting as bad sad state of affairs is Shannon soccer at the moment

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Name 11 players so in shannon who will turn up for every training and give 100% .. I bet you can't. . Can't blame a manager if lads want to sign for this team or that team.. I'm sure every manager thinks they can change the players attitude..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Name 11 players so in shannon who will turn up for every training and give 100% .. I bet you can't. . Can't blame a manager if lads want to sign for this team or that team.. I'm sure every manager thinks they can change the players attitude..
    Of course I could but that would contradict everything I have been trying to say.

they can sign but it's the managers choice to play them.......
    Personal glory for the sake of the club.

Some players you can tell don't give a flying f*** what the manager is saying they are the same players who do the club hopping.
    You can't change a players attitude IMO they either have a good attitude and understand what is involved in trying to win or they don't.
    It's junior football for the most part the average player are just average because of the horrible attitude they have. There's no I in team giving average players a ego massage contradicts that.
    How come in limerick there doesn't be half as much talk about players moving here there and everywhere?
    I think it's because they don't condone it.
    Football in the town is a joke because we made it that way. Managers players and supporters. We are all responsible enough said.
    "Joe Jordan is off to watch Young Boys tomorrow" Ian Darke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Of course I could but that would contradict everything I have been trying to say.

they can sign but it's the managers choice to play them.......
    Personal glory for the sake of the club.

Some players you can tell don't give a flying f*** what the manager is saying they are the same players who do the club hopping.
    You can't change a players attitude IMO they either have a good attitude and understand what is involved in trying to win or they don't.
    It's junior football for the most part the average player are just average because of the horrible attitude they have. There's no I in team giving average players a ego massage contradicts that.
    How come in limerick there doesn't be half as much talk about players moving here there and everywhere?
    I think it's because they don't condone it.
    Football in the town is a joke because we made it that way. Managers players and supporters. We are all responsible enough said.
    Gaiscioch

your losing it if you think clubs in limerick dont condone it .... just because you dont hear as much talk about it does not mean it is not happening... limerick is a hell of alot worse than shannon for moving clubs lads given extra incentives to move also free gear / boots even the odd holiday promised at end of year and of course the old expenses for players

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gaiscioch

your losing it if you think clubs in limerick dont condone it .... just because you dont hear as much talk about it does not mean it is not happening... limerick is a hell of alot worse than shannon for moving clubs lads given extra incentives to move also free gear / boots even the odd holiday promised at end of year and of course the old expenses for players
    sure at least there is something tangible there. The players mentioned above move cause they can't get in one team, they don't go to training and get spoken to, they like a drink on a night before and get spoken to, can't get out of bed for a match get spoken to, laugh after heavy defeats etc get spoken to, don't try hard enough and somebody has the balls to not play them or take them off and they can't understand it. There is the other side where a manager plays these players head of others.

At the end of the day if any manager is willing to sign 25 plus players on an a team he is going to have some upset people who think they are better than they are or better than how the manager sees them. The like a bit of flirting by other clubs and the attached attention.

Loyality is very low on order.

All in all just to get lads out playing football at the moment is a massive achievement by any club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gaiscioch

completely agree with this statement, alot of the big club players in town have hopped clubs, expenses or no expenses the lack of loyalty out there is nearly as bad, we might not here of it as much recently on this because the constant debate over shannon clubs/players, the limerick lads have got fed up over it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I propose a Shannon subforum, anyone second it?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treaty Gooner View Post
    I propose a Shannon subforum, anyone second it?
    yes ill 2nd it badly needed

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    yes ill 2nd it badly needed
    I Have started a thread...
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Haha, if shannon people didn't post here there would be no 1a thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    Haha, if shannon people didn't post here there would be no 1a thread
    Looks like don't panic was 100% right!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard today pike b have no team.Will hibs be back in 1A?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcat View Post
    Heard today pike b have no team.Will hibs be back in 1A?
    Doubt it as they were relegated. I think it works out team who cane 3rd in 1b will go up

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast