Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2014/15

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    To be fair lads we have to give credit where its due, new website looks a big improvement. We can be a bit critical at times but i'd say a bit of work went into it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by southern kid View Post
    Hey guys, did not post in a while as I was away so not really in touch wit local football, That is a shame if it's true about ncw, how does tings go so bad so fast for dem, I kno dey have a few dead ducks on committee one was on the Desmond schoolboys committee a few yrs back,goin by all the rumours it's goin to be btwn ratkeale an brdf to fight it out for lge, will da senior gaa effect both of them tho? Sh side shud do ok wit their new signings,carrig impressed in lge cup final last yr so will do ok, abbey have lost good few players by all acc so u wud expect dem to struggle, on a desperate note, wat difference does it make wat wknd a club uses their free wknd, if it's first wk fifth wk or tenth wk it's the same ting, here's hoping for good standard of football for season....
    whats wrong with newcastle west committee? is there something going on in the club that some people dont know about?

what players have shannonside brought in this year?

what players have left abbeyfeale?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The website looks very good also. Lets hope they keep the cup competitions upto date also. The last website had cup competitions from few years back and not update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In fairness, sometimes having a back log of fixtures can be a bad thing, they didn't exactly stay up with ease last season, plus if any club gets a run in the Munster junior or FAI, those fixtures take precedent sure NCW had a share of back fixtures also & Broadford will be in the same situation with the Munster Senior & that Champions cup this season!
    I think the reason for the postponement of both games is one of the Abbey players is getting married over the weekend & the game has been booked off since last season by all accounts.
    The new website looks good now alright, fair play to whoever is running it, hopefully it is updated now!
    Here's to a deadly Desmond League Season!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The website is hugely improved on its predecessor! I'm sure if you've gone to the effort of getting it made it will be used, fingers crossed.

Yes cup runs complicate things alright but no team should be able to get into a situation where they are more than 2 games behind anyone else in their division - Everyone plays or nobody plays, the teams that go 3, 4 or 5 games ahead only end up having 2 or 3 weeks between games at the end anyway, I dont see how an even spread cant be maintained even if it means only 2 games get played in a division on a weekend in October when conditions are good to catch teams up - the men that make the fixtures will probably disagree and say that games have to be played when they can and as ever Irish weather cannot be counted on from mid November so it is very much a juggling act

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah sure here we go again, Abbeyfeale missing games already, to be fair its quiet unfair on teams in the same league as the way the league goes teams play their season spread out and this has teams putting in inconsistant performances as they don't exactly have a run of games to keep a bit of form going. You would have then the GAA and other sports breaking up between games so you are switching between sports. Like then for Abbeyfeale when it comes to the end of the season they have 6-7 matches in a row which makes it easier to get into form and play a better standard of football as you are playing soccer constantly and its not being broken up. for me I think it offers an unfair advantage to them

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kildimo 1 Prospect 4....Kildimo certainly have a lot of work of work to do from what I saw, fitness levels extremely poor. apparently they were missing some of their better players through work/J1s but not good signs ahead of the new season. Pallaskenry have been training hard for the past few weeks but I would have them as a team who could go down this year. Looking forward to a good season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Any bookies do prices for the local leagues?

Also the new website says there is only one Friday night game at the start of the season and it's not next week it's the 29th. Thought they were playing 2?
    Last edited by Have It; 12/08/2014 at 1:58 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Collins' in Askeaton used to price up the soccer anyway - not sure if still the case

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Wheres the new website, cant seem to find it. Old address still comes up as suspended and its not in google search.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    twotouch posted it with the fixtures for next weekend other than that I'd say we'd all still be in the dark with it

http://ldfl.leaguerepublic.com/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Have It View Post
    Any bookies do prices for the local leagues?

Also the new website says there is only one Friday night game at the start of the season and it's not next week it's the 29th. Thought they were playing 2?
    I think it was decided to play one Friday night game on the 29th only, as the youths league was starting on Sat the 23rd.
    So would be hard on junior teams with youth players, as young lads would be playing 3 games in the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    That clears that up nicely. Thanks lads

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Its.going to be tight this year to win the premier division. All teams have signed good players this year. Shannonside signed daniel power, anthony o donnell and tony quaid from newcastle west.

Newcastle rovers signing darragh woods from killeaney.seoirse joyce ,adam collins , peter shanahan and the kinahan and woods guys from newcastle also.

Broadford have signed scott hurley from newcastle west

Rathkeale have signed peter nash and declan nash from the district league and michael quilligan from newcastle west

Any Others signings going through??
    i dont Know if they are 100% certain though
    Last edited by fanaticfan; 12/08/2014 at 11:51 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw Pallaskenry beat creeves 4-1 Tuesday night.saw kildimo beat ballysteen 5-2 last night.i cant understand why people would think Pallaskenry would go down this year.but saying that division 1 looks very tough this year.i cant see kildimo doing as well this year as they did last year

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Carew park 3 Rathkeale 0

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just watched breska beat kildimo 2-0 .breska will surely get promoted this year

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Who have Pallaskenry signed that makes you think they are so good this year Old Man?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Premier League: Rathkeale. Dark horses: NCW Rvrs
    Division 1: St Itas. Dark Horses: Abbeyfeale B (Tough division to call)
    Division 2: Askeaton. Dark Horses: Shountrade
    Division 3: I honestly have no idea what any team is like
    Desmond Cup: Broadford. Dark horses: Askeaton

Just a couple of predictions. Mainly based on what I have heard of how teams are going. Rathkeale seem to have made some very good signings. Askeaton apparently have the same team back together that got them to Premier a few years ago, depending on the draw they could put a dent in Desmond Cup if things dont fall apart for them again

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast